Mutant Mudds Free DLC Arrives in October

Posted by Damien McFerran

20 new levels, entirely free of charge

Mutant Mudds fans, take note: Renegade Kid has confirmed that it is releasing free DLC for the game this year.

Renegade Kid's Jools Watsham has stated that the update will be released in Europe on October 18th and North America on October 25th.

Here's a handy bullet point list of new features, courtesy of GoNintendo:

• 20 new levels
  • Tailor-made for Grannie's character
  • Levels are presented in a retro CGA theme
  • Grannie sports all three power-ups simultaneously
  • Levels require the use of the power-shot, extended hover, and vertical boost
  • Each of the 20 regular levels now have an added CGA-Land door in each
  • To reach these doors, the combined use of at least two of the power-ups is required
  • 'Special tiny new smidge' of a bonus is presented to the player when all 20 new levels have been completed

Excited yet?

[via gonintendo.com]

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

Already made a topic of this on the forums, yeah i'm excited, but I ended up paying $16 NZD for this game originally, so of course it should be free.

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

Holy cow! Now that's awesome news!^^ Didn't expect to get it so soon. This fills my heart with rainbows.

berva

berva said:

Still haven't purchased this, currently have purchased Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force (both fantastic) Mutant Mudds worth the price?

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Lovely, I'm very much looking forward to it :D
@berva
Best game on the eShop right now IMO. Definitely worth every penny, especially now with additional free content.

Jollykarp

Jollykarp said:

as awesome as it is to have developers add on content to their games for free, I don't think I can survive another twenty levels of Mutant Mudds. If the first level of the dlc is as hard as the last level of the main game, I'm going to stop and admit defeat

Dodger

Dodger said:

Very ready. Working on world 4:4 now. Once I beat that, I'll have all 3 powerups and I can work on the already existing bonus worlds. Another 20 levels will add a lot more content to a game that already feels longer then Super Mario 3D Land.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Oh man now I'm gonna have to buy it, its so expensive though! It is cheaper than nearly all of the 3DS retail games though which is good.

Henmii

Henmii said:

October 18th? That's next week! I will certainly download it!

Hopefully it doesn't take up to much memory space!

kilicool64

kilicool64 said:

@dustin_g If you had read the feature list properly, you'd know they are accessed through new CGA doors in the regular levels.
I beat everything Mutant Mudds has to offer yesterday and unlocked Grannie as a playable character. So the update will probably simply add extra doors only she can access. Looking forward to it.