Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion Coming to Europe in 2013

Posted by Mike Mason

Better late than never

It was to be expected after Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon was delayed into 2013 in North America, but we can now confirm that the green plumber's 3DS foray into ghost busting has also slipped into next year in Europe; it's now due to spook up the first quarter of 2013. Hopefully not too long after that, Fire Emblem: Awakening will strategise its way onto European shores in the fabled second quarter of 2013.

Luigi's second bout of mansion madness remains unreleased in any territory so far and was originally planned for release by Christmas 2012. Clearly unsatisfied with being terrified by one mansion, the 3DS sequel sees the lanky one visit several different haunts. You can read our Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon preview a few times while you wait if you like.

Fire Emblem: Awakening, on the other hand, has been out in Japan since April. It's been steadily building up downloadable content since launch — it was Nintendo's first venture into paid additional content in Japan — so there should be plenty of new characters ready to go by the time it arrives over here next year.

Your guess is as good as ours for exact dates at this point, but it's great to know that they're coming reasonably soon. You've got a few months to save up your pennies — will you be picking any of these games up when they're eventually released?

Related Games

True_Hero

True_Hero said:

Luigi's Mansion looks good, but I'm more interested in Fire Emblem right now. Exactly how does FE's DLC work? Does it have to be purchased?

Mason

Mason said:

As far as I know, in Japan the first character was free for a while and then became paid, then the rest were all paid from the beginning.

AVahne

AVahne said:

@The_Other_M
There are Spotpass characters, which use their original Official art and are free, and then there are DLC characters which you do have to pay for. DLC characters all have new art done by guest artists and former Fire Emblem artists and usually come with special items and DLC-exclusive classes as well as the items used to class change your characters to those classes.
In Japan though, Marth came free as DLC for a month.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Release dates not being the same internationally just causes problems - I look forward to the day when this is no longer a problem.

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

Dark Moon and Fire Emblem: Awakening are two games I've been waiting for a long time. I will patiently wait a little longer because I've got a Wii U preordered. :)

Cipher

Cipher said:

@Phantom_A The available packs so far have cost anything between Y250 and Y400 in Japan, so presumably in the States it could be anywhere between $2.50 and $5 per pack. Pure guesswork, though.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

Since they've delayed Dark Moon so many times now it better be a LONG game play experience or I'm gonna be so disappointed.

TheRavingTimes

TheRavingTimes said:

I can't wait for these two games. Fire Emblem is amazing and I'm always looking forward to Next Level Games collaborations with Nintendo.

Epicnessofme99

Epicnessofme99 said:

I'll be picking up both, I loved Luigi's Mansion on the Gamecube, and I loved all the Fire Emblem games.

Nardar

Nardar said:

Well when NA gets a date I will have them! It will be really neat if they have the Mansion from the first game! Wow this and Wii U....a good problem I have!

evildevil97

evildevil97 said:

Been looking forward to Dark Moon since it was first announced a few years ago. Next Level Games is awesome.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

kinda sucks i was looking forward to luigis mansion on the 3ds :( but at least it gives me time to save up and get wii u and some games :o

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

That's fine as I'll be spending on the Wii U. However, the output of software into retail is quite slow for the 3DS.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Makes sense to have a "Mario" titled game w/ Paper Mario out for the holidays and then this after. I don't think Luigi has quite the cache on the kid's Christmas lists. Tablets and phones may kill Sony portables but as long as people keep having kids Nintendo can keep selling game systems,

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

If my knowledge is correct, the American release date is within the same window as the European one. Argh, second quarter.... At least that gives me time to build my funds back up after I blow them on Black 2, NSMB2, LM:DM, AC:CO, possibly an early purchase of the Wii U, and possibly NSMBWU.
Wait a sec, that's a lot of money to blow on video games.
I think I should buy food instead, unless they finally made videogames edible, then I can get all in one!
@Happy_Mask
Holy moly dude, taking mah words right out-a mah mouth.

GreenDream

GreenDream said:

Anyone interested in Fire Emblem info should check out www.serenesforest.net. They have plenty of info, including everything from DLC to developer interviews.