Chasing Aurora 'Freeze Tag' Mode Gameplay Footage

Posted by Orla Madden

Tag, you're it!

Back towards the start of the summer, Broken Rules announced Chasing Aurora, a beautiful physics based flight game for the Wii U eShop this year. Broken Rules is aiming for a November release; it's hoping to have it ready for Wii U's launch day.

Below is a gameplay trailer for one of the multiplayer modes, 'Freeze Tag', where the GamePad user competes against other players. If any of the players drop out of the camera they get frozen, so a team member must unfreeze them. You can read more about the multiplayer modes in our interview with the developers behind the unique eShop title.

What do you make of the new trailer? Are you looking forward to seeing more of Chasing Aurora?

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

No thanks, this looks completely unappealing. Looks pretty cheap, like some random and obscure I-Phone Flash game. As far as EShop launch titles go, it's Toki Tori 2 and Little Inferno for me, followed up with Trine II.

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

The single player footage was more appealing, but there isn't anything wrong with having more modes.

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

@WaveWitch
:( How could you insult it so? (You Witch!) Have you seen it's glorious looking solo mode? Looks better than anything I've seen on iDevices.

I'm buying this definitely. Just because it's beautiful looking. An odd reason, given my age/ demographic, but it looks really, REALLY pretty.

Fabian

Fabian said:

Multiplayer looks cheap
but Solo Player looks verry good as i don´t play multiplayer modes to often i don´t care for the low quality multiplayer mode

Epicnessofme99

Epicnessofme99 said:

Art style alone doesn't sell me, definitely looks like something i'll watch though depending on how the gameplay is, and what the price will look like.

chewytapeworm

chewytapeworm said:

Looks decent throwaway fun actually if you've got a few mates over. And the art style reminds me slightly of Hydroventure...