Fluidity: Spin Cycle Ramps Up The Weirdness in 3DS eShop Sequel

Posted by Damien McFerran

Dragons, spiders and dinosaurs all feature

Curve Studios graced us with the excellent Fluidity (known in Europe as Hydroventure) back in 2010, and while we're already aware that a sequel is in the offing, we've never had any screens to gaze longingly at - until now.

The images themselves show a wide range of different challenges, including a massive spider, a angry-looking dragon and a ravenous Tyrannosaurus Rex. Check out our Fluidity: Spin Cycle game page to see them in all their bizarre glory.

Fluidity: Spin Cycle is expected later this year, and could be one of the 3DS eShop's best titles, if our adoration for the WiiWare original is anything to go by.

[via siliconera.com]

Smitherenez

Smitherenez said:

Looking forward to it. I have never played the Wiiware original, but I will pick this one up!

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

Smitherenez, I'd highly recommend you get the Wii version, it is a wonderful game and an absolute bargain. (There used to be a demo for it in Europe, not sure if it is still there though?)

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

I liked the wii one so-so, but I felt it needed more of those ramps and bumps and ETC to give it more challenge. This game has it, so day 1 for me!

onlyaman

onlyaman said:

Yep, the original was one of the better offerings on Wiiware. Looking forward to the sequel.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

The return of caption puns! So happy.
Oh, the game looks cool, too. Picked up the WiiWare version w/ some Club Nintendo coins, and man, that was a lovely time. Highly anticipating this one.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Looks like it's embracing it's exploration "metroidvania" roots a bit and getting all adventurous. Nice direction, I think.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I will wait to see more before I judge it. It seems the "book" aesthetic is gone, and that made the first game very interesting and unique.

And I really hope that clock graphic in the lower screen does not mean this game has a time limit.

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

@sinalefa Wait, the book thing which affected almost nothing in the game made the game unique and interesting? Not the water physics or the odd mix of pseudo-metroidvania and puzzle platforming?

I had honestly forgotten about the book aesthetic until just now, so it must not have been that important.

accc

accc said:

I just finished my second playthrough of the Wiiware game today. What a great game! Can't wait to "dive in" to the sequel! (Nyuk nyuk nyuk.)

PS there's footage of the game running at PAX. You play the game by rotating the 3DS a full 360 degrees!

Sausimo

Sausimo said:

This game still looks awesome, however the PAX demo video is very telling and separates this from the original in many ways. Each puzzle room is broken down into separate levels, in which your performance is ranked based upon collection rate of the water droplets and time taken to complete the level.

Its looking a lot less like metroidvania and more like a standard puzzle platformer, but again it's looking great nonetheless.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Looks quite a bit more varied than the WiiWare game. And that already was a huge joy to play. Can't wait to hear more about its content and controls.

Rubido

Rubido said:

I LOVED the Wii version of this game. Right up there with World of Goo as not only the best downloadable games of this generation but close to the best new ideas and best games of this generation. I LOVE IT!!

With what I said, I'm quite excited for the sequel. I don't have a 3ds yet, but when this game is released, I'll probably buy a 3ds just for it.