Picross E Rated for Australian eShop

Posted by James Newton

So you know what that means

Fans of numbers and colouring in boxes, rejoice: it looks like Picross E is finally leaving Japan.

The Australian Classification Board has rated the eShop game, which says to us it'll come to PAL regions in the coming months or, if we're really lucky, weeks.

The last we heard of the Jupiter-developed puzzle game was back in February when Nintendo gave it a Q2 release. Hopefully that number will tick over to a Q3 so we can all get our Picross fix soon.

[via classification.gov.au]

NImH

NImH said:

YES! Although I am in Cali, this still means that we got a English localization which gives me hope! I do luv me some picross...
...playing Mario Picross now, actually.

Cipher

Cipher said:

Good. Can't wait to get this. With any luck we'll be graced with the presence of Picross E2 in a few months' time as well.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Good news, hopefully an ESRB rating isn't too far behind.

I don't always take to puzzle games, but I'm a certifiable Picross junkie. The sooner I get more of it in my system, the better.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Definitely coming soon: I don't think there's much 3DSWare out in August. Hopefully Denpa Ninpen RPG (I think that's what it's called) comes West this quarter as well.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

@C-Olimar Is that the crazy radiowave RPG thing? I'd definitely check that out... the perfect kind of experiment for a 3D download (like FreakyForms).

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

FINALLY !!!!

been waiting for this game for almost a year i think. bring it to europe QUICK !

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@LittleIrves yes it is ;)
From what I've heard it is pretty good, and it's by Genius Sonority so it probably is! And it's Ningen, not Ninpen :S

Samholy

Samholy said:

yes YES YEEEESSSS Q#RGQERF@#@#!!!!!/111oneoneone
finally the best ds game sequel on my 3DS !
no kidding, picross ds is the glorious top 1 in my 3DS ranking for time total, time opened and time average. im totally addicted. also have picross 3d but itsj sut not the same thing. quite great, but not as much as picrss ds.

picross e to america please !!!!!

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

YAY more 2D picross.
the 25x20 sized puzzles of the classic nintendo consoles in the DS version were fantastic, and I love Free Mode because if I miss-tap I can just erase and continue, not get hit with a BBBBRRZZZZ and get a penalty (not that I care, it just annoys me)
also, I think it's funny how so many people thought PicrossDS's controls were slippery or whatever when there was an option to use control pad to choose paint or erase, let go to move.
the funny part is they made it mandatory in the Picross3D version. hopefully it will be mandatory in this one too. i don't want people to complain about controls, it's silly

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

The sooner, the better!
Picross DS is the best version of Picross I've played, and the same devs are delivering Picross E.

Froggievilleus

Froggievilleus said:

Oh happy day! I've been hoping they would localize and now it looks like we should be getting this game. Day 1 download! :)

Hokori

Hokori said:

Come on Picross E and E 2 as well as that RPG from genius sonority for NA. Soon

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

@ Philip_J_Reed: Not so lucky, actually. We miss out on a LOT of eShop and WiiWare/VC games due to our crappy market.

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

Looking forward to this. Love Picross puzzles, played through whole of Picross DS and Mario's Picross (VC/GB). I hope they put in control options for both stylus and button controls like the DS version had - I much prefer the button controls with the zoomed out view over the stylus controls for this game.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

I had all 4 that N offered.
Mario Picross,
Picross DS,
Color Cross and
Picross 3d

Henmii

Henmii said:

Ah, that means it will also be out in Europe pretty soon! Good news!

Hopefully the Samurai game made by Nintendo will also arrive in Europe pretty soon!

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

I'm so excited for Picross E, I just got Picross 3D on DS recently for only $9 and it's not the type of game I normally pick up from my local game shop. I was surpirsed how addictive the game was that news of a new 2D picross might just hold some interest in me.