Bravely Default Demo Flutters onto the Japanese eShop

Posted by Katy Ellis

Get a job

Square Enix has announced that the next Bravely Default: Flying Fairy demo will be heading to the Japanese 3DS eShop on Wednesday. This will be the fourth playable demo available to the public, and is entitled 'Job and Ability Volume'.

Those who download the demo will be able to sample five of the jobs on offer in the game: Knight, Mystic Knight, Freelancer, Red Mage and Super Star. There will also be a chance for you to try out some customisation features. As with the previous three demos, there will also be another AR movie included.

Last month Square Enix posted its third demo, which was focused on showing off the combat features of the game. If you're a user of the Japanese eShop and have missed the previous three demos, make sure you download Square Enix's latest addition and let us know what you think.

[via square-enix.co.jp]

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Well, demo three did have a bit of this for the battle sequences, where we were able to pick classes for the characters.

McHaggis

McHaggis said:

I can't wait for this game, I hope they announce a release date for Europe soon.

NImH

NImH said:

@Tsuchinoko
AARRGGG!!!! I envy you and your Japanese-get-the-great-stuff-first status!
BTW, I added you on 3DS. would you add me? My FC is in my sig.
Thanks!

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

Please square enix release this in europe this probaly wil be the third favorite series of square enix! first kingdom hearts 2 final fantasy:D

warvad

warvad said:

For anyone who doesn't know, this game is a spiritual sequel to The 4 Heroes of Light.

And boy do I love that DS game.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

SuperStar..... Why do I think Kirby would make a cameo if this was Hal instead of Square Enix?

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@NlmH37 No problem. I'll add you back later today. I just started my vacation, so I got plenty of time these days.
Yeah, I guess we get a lot of stuff first, but most of the good stuff does come from here, so I guess its only fair. But, there are some western-developed games that we like. I personally am still waiting for VVVVV to come out here. haha
I guess I'll be downloading the demo tomorrow, when I get Fire Emblem, so happy about that :)

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Just hurry up and confirm this for Western territories already SE, I can't wait to play this in all of its class-based, beautifully-rendered, absurdly-named goodness!

Henmii

Henmii said:

"this game is a spiritual sequel to The 4 Heroes of Light"

Are you sure? Heroes of light was a Final fantasy spin-off, right? And I thought Bravely default didn't have any connection with Final fantasy whatsoever!