8-Bit Summer Flips Out With Kirby Pinball Tomorrow

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

There's also a sword of hope

Nintendo of America normally releases details of eShop downloads on the morning of the update, but our source has given us a heads-up on the Virtual Console '8-bit summer' titles that you can look forward to this week. As you've no doubt guessed, the headline Game Boy title is Kirby's Pinball Land, which sees the adorable pink ball take on his enemies on three different tables before a final showdown.

The second Game Boy offering will be The Sword of Hope II, a lesser-known RPG from Kemco. It is, apparently, an epic quest to retrieve magic crystals, but we'll know more once we've had a chance to complete a review.

Do either of these retro titles appeal to you?

Related Games

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Yes, I want both of those GameBoy games. Also, I really wish there was some news regarding Retro City Rampage on WiiWare

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'll get Kirby's Pinball Land soon. I'm looking forward to next week's Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters and even more so for Wario Land on the last week of July.

TheConsiglio

TheConsiglio said:

Gonna get Kirby's Pinball Land and Sword of Hope 2, oddly enough not releasing 1 before 2, like Breath Of Fire 2 on Wii VC.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

why can't you post details from your source around the same time today every week? It would be great to hear of our download news a little early.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

Definitely picking up Sword of Hope. Not so sure about Kirby. I still haven't finished Kirby's Block Ball.

MrWezzle

MrWezzle said:

Never played Pinball Land. Is it any good? From the sound of it, it wouldn't have longevity at all. Kirby is usually easy but fun, and easy but fun pinball sounds like it wouldn't take long to kind of burn out on. With Pit and Wario on the horizon, I'm not sold on Kirby. Can somebody fill me in? I trust you guys more than all those other internet people.

brooks83

brooks83 said:

Nice to see Kemco supporting the 3DS VC. Now if they would just support the Wii VC. I'd love to see Top Gear, Phalanx, Kaboom, etc. And maybe they could try and get publishing rights to the Shadowgate franchise again.

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

I will get Kirby's Pinball Land in the future, I don't want to buy much on the eShop due to other retail games coming out this year alongside the Wii U. Not interested in Sword of Hope.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Might get Sword of Hope II just because it's from the makers of classic SNES RPG Drakkhen (well, I think it's a classic, not many others may LOL)!

millarrp

millarrp said:

I will most likely get Kirby Pinball, but I'm undecided on Sword of Hope 2 since I'm not a huge fan of those style of games

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

Kirby's Pinball Land is a DEFINITE buy for me this week. I wasn't so sure about Sword Of Hope II before in the beginning, but I'm willing to give it a try.

accc

accc said:

Why are they releasing Sword of Hope 2 without ever releasing the first one? I heard that the first one was good, but the second one suffered from an unbalanced difficulty.

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

Never knew there was a Sword of Hope 2... Never could finish the first one back in the day. I'll pass on that one. Will check out kirby for sure.