Bird Mania 3D Confirmed for May Flight in PAL Regions

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Trailer and details inside

As some of you may already know, Bird Mania 3D arrives in the North American 3DS eShop on 3rd May at a budget price of $1.99. Developer Teyon has now confirmed that the title will also arrive in PAL regions later this month, so it won't take long for Europe to catch up. It appears to be a non-stop 'runner'-style title — though in this case you're flying, of course — along the same lines as iOS smash Jetpack Joyride: our review will let you know whether it's worthy of taking off.

If you're curious to learn more we've included the most recent press release below, along with the latest trailer.

Teyon, a video games developer and digital publisher, revealed today the upcoming Nintendo 3DS™ release available only through Nintendo eShop™. Bird Mania 3D, a skill-based action game, will be launched in North America on May 3rd 2012 for only $1.99! The same month the game will be also published in PAL region. Beware, it’s totally addictive!

When Mojo realizes his friends from the flock set out to Africa he begins a frantic chase after them because he wants to go on a vacation too! Fly faster and faster, dash, soar, glide, and collect all bonuses. How far can you get in pursuit of a delightful vacation? Bird Mania 3D is a skill-based action game where you steer a little birdie on his way to Africa. Keep him out of trouble as long as possible and beat your best score! You will be hypnotized for long hours while trying to collect all bonuses and avoid obstacles. And if you really want to perfect the art of flying, try to get all achievements.

Features:

• Great graphics combining 3D effect and hand-drawn images
  • Over 20 achievements and extra bonuses to unlock
  • Instantly addictive game-play: fly, dash and collect!
  • Easy to use interface and controls
  • High score tracking

Visit Teyon’s official YouTube Channel to watch the official trailer of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYq3JxOAQjI
Also, check out Bird Mania 3D site at teyon.com: http://www.teyon.com/games/bird-mania-3d/

BenAV

BenAV said:

Looks simple, but could be fun for something to do on the train.
If it turns out well, I'll probably pick it up considering the low price.

TheToader

TheToader said:

Looks like a decent game for $2. How much does someone want to bet that this game play will be mimicked by Angry Birds?

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

seems like a cool late birthday persent so will be getting it tommorow
(my birthday is today!)

rjejr

rjejr said:

Wow that bird looks a lot faster than I expected, I may not get it for my kid after all.

Anybody with an iDevice can try out "Sea Stars" (I honestly don't know if it's on Android). It's like Jetpack Joyride only a whole lot better. For an annoying game that has only 1 level and no end - you just keep going until you die - it has a ton of incentives to keep playing - achievements, different characters to unlock, different powers to use.
From the video I can't tell if this game has any of that but the potential is there for a fun game. Hopefully the review in the next few days will shed some light on that.

RR529

RR529 said:

Similar to Jetpack Joyride?! Count me out.

Not saying JJ's a bad game, I'm just not one for endless runners. Hopefully those of you who enjoy such games find this to your liking.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

I predict May 17th. With VVVVVV out on the 10th I don't expect to see it then. Teyon is a Polish developer so this isn't that surprising for me.

JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser said:

Wow.
I was rather impressed with that trailer.
It's changed my opinion of the game.
It looks like thought and care has gone into this.
I'll definitely pick this up when I get chance.

sebman30

sebman30 said:

ive bought every 3dsware and 3d classics except US only (even pyramids and block factory which i had to get off the european server) and nevertheless ill be picking this up too.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

That trailer actually looked...dare I say...good! Seeing that this game was 1) only 2 bucks and 2) developed by Teyon, my hopes were not set too high at all. Now I think I'll be buying this tomorrow! And even if it actually does turn out to be awful, its only 2 bucks. Not that big of a deal!