Nintendo Reveals Playable PAX East Line-Up

Posted by James Newton

Anyone for tennis?

PAX East is just a few short days away, and Nintendo of America has revealed the games attendees can get to grips with in Boston this weekend.

Kid Icarus: Uprising players eager to expand their AR card collection might want to head to the show as there'll be a scavenger hunt and the ability to trade, share and collect new cards. Not only that, this Friday between 6pm and 9pm there'll be a multiplayer tournament at the Handheld Lounge; bring your 3DS and copy of the game to enter.

Here's the list of playable games announced so far:

If you're heading out to the show, be sure to keep your eye out for our editor at large Jon Wahlgren who'll be doing the rounds. Go say hi and you may walk away with more than just a spring in your step and a song in your heart.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

It would be good NoA were more like NoE and weren't afraid to show games like XBC and TLS at events like these.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

Mario Tennis Open on the list is the only game that has any interest AT ALL with me atm. I want to know how everything is gonna operate with that game before I grab it to know if I'll like it or not. As for Ketzal's Corridors , I haven't saw enough of that game to know if I want to get it or not. I mean, it looks fun cause it reminds me a bit of a brand new version of Tetris, but that's about it. Wish I could go to PAX East all in all, but to me, it's one of those kind of gaming events like E3 or TGS or others like that. Only open to ppl who are in the game industry. Hope that really changes soon one day.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

Whenever big events happen in the New York-ish area I think, "If I hadn't have moved, I could have gone to that."

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Ooh I can't wait for the festivities to begin. I moved to town for grad school 6 or so years ago... very happy Penny Arcade picked our fine city for its east coast home. Hope to see you strolling through the convention center soon.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Anybody want to show some love to Charleson, WV?? Come on Nintendo, I promise not everyone here is just Call of Duty fans....there is at least about 3 or 4 of us Nintendo fans!!

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

So they are just showing games already released and Mario Tennis? Oh boy.

Toad64

Toad64 said:

Well, they're definitely getting better with their PAX showings. This will be my third PAX East, and I remember the first year i was so psyched to check out the Nintendo booth, thinking they'd have all these games on display that weren't due out for a while like Metroid Other M and Skyward Sword. Their booth was the size of a closet, and they had two games featured: Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Warioware DIY.

I will be checking out Spirit Camera. And challenging people to Kid Icarus battles. : )