Heroes of Ruin To Include Free Daily Challenges for a Year

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Hits Europe on June 15th

Heroes of Ruin is one of the most intriguing 3DS titles on the horizon, especially as it's an RPG that will feature online multiplayer and voice chat. It seems that online play really is vital to this game, with details of downloadable content announced in today's Nintendo Direct.

Nintendo Europe boss Satoru Shibata confirmed that new in-game challenges will be downloadable on a daily basis for a whole year after the title launches, and they'll be free of charge. We'd anticipate that these will be small tasks to complete, but the prospect of free daily content is extremely tempting. Shibata also confirmed that the title will reach Europe on 15th June, ten days before it hits North America.

With the promise of seamless online multiplayer and daily content, this is certainly a title to watch carefully.

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

w00t kingdom hearts 3d for july (20 for europe) and this for june 15 :D bestgaming summer vacation in my life:D!!!!!!

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

This and Fire Emblem are very much top of my list, and I particularly love the idea of daily challenges in this title. It promises to be an excellent Summer and Autumn :)

ChosenOne25

ChosenOne25 said:

Wow, very excited for this one, looks like it has so much potential and content packed into it! :D Definately gonna get this one! :D

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

The 3DS is REALLY picking up steam this year. Between this, Kingdom Hearts, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D and Fire Emblem, RPG fans have a lot of good reasons to pick up a 3DS in 2012.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

That sounds nice. Besides the game looking interesting, to connect each day and seeing something new is a nice prospect. I did enjoy that with DOA Dimensions.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

nice finally got a date for this rare treasure.might be jumping the gun but think it will be topus notchus.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

How is this news? Other sites mentioned this almost3 months ago. But after 2 years and when all servers are down, unlike games of yesteryear, these new ones will be un usable trash since there will be no one lift oneline to connect / play the servers will be discountined and the emphesis is about online co op, These type of moves provide more interactive play but at the expense of long term value of the game. No mpore saving it on the shrlf for later play. Still I'm getting it.. dam.

Nintenbro

Nintenbro said:

This and Super Mario 3D Land were the two games that made me really wish I could afford a 3DS. Oh well, maybe someday I will be able to.

TwilightPoint

TwilightPoint said:

@SyFyTy I do see your point.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl tried to solve that problem by connecting players to other players Wii's. (Even though everyone suffered if one person has a slow connection).
And yes this is old news it was just reconfirmed on Nintendo Direct and they are reporting it.

Anyone else worried about "free Daily Challenges for a Year"?
To me this implies that we will have to pay a subscription after a year to get the daily challenges.

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

I hope I can play the challenges later on; I plan on aiting for the 3DS2...
(...armoured beast with a sword!)

erv

erv said:

it's the online multiplayer thing that would be able to sell me a 3ds. Very interested to see how this turns out.