Kirby's Block Ball Bounds to Europe on 9th February

Posted by James Newton

Question: what's pink and blocky?

Kirby's Block Ball, of course, down for a European release on 3DS Virtual Console next week.

The little pink thing's second appearance on 3DS VC after Kirby's Dream Land, Block Ball is a Breakout-like game with Kirby in it. It's not complex.

No price yet but expect it around the £3.60 mark.

Late

Late said:

Haven't played this one but I've enjoyed every Kirby game I've played so I'm getting this one too. I also like many other Breakout games. Now I just need that Kirby Pinball game.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!
Guess it was the hunger for this one that made me continue my long forsaken game of AlphaBounce recently. They must have waited to announce it until i unlocked the Kirby hat in that StreetPass game today. Sorry it took me so long.:o
Can't wait for more Kirby goodness.

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

@Late I really want the Kirby Pinball game too. I still have my GB cartridge.
I want a breakout style timewaster so I might just get this.

chewytapeworm

chewytapeworm said:

The offerings here are so meagre this week I might just get this.

@battLeToaD I unlocked the Kirby hat almost right away. It's hardly left my mii's head since!

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

Whoa...I LOVE this game! I remember playing it years ago on my brand-new Game Boy Color. It was one of two games I played near-constantly (the other game being Super Mario Land 2). :)

Contrary

Contrary said:

Kirby's Block Ball is breaking blocks at its best. I enjoyed it immensely. Its as fun as a bunch of monkeys in a forest of more monkeys. All the monkeys are wacky and fun by the way.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I'd rather have Trip World but I guess that it will be cool to get this game as well.

EDIT: Okay, I just saw a gameplay video of this game on YouTube and it looks awesome. Very excited for this now.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Is this like Alleyway with a Kirby theme? If it is, I'll definitely get it. I haven't played a bad Kirby game yet, and this looks like yet another good one.

Bloodysaber

Bloodysaber said:

You know what this made me realize? Kirby's Tilt N' Tumble would work pretty well on the 3ds.

Wolfcoyote

Wolfcoyote said:

I loved this game and couldn't stop putting this down during high school graduation practices. Here's hoping that the title comes out before the end of March.

Sonomin

Sonomin said:

What I would love even more is if they released kirby tilt n' tumble. That game brings back so many good memories!

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Ah, but the question is: Will Nintendo also release Tilt N' Tumble? Since it used an in-cart gyro, as I recall, I would think not, despite the 3DS having a gyro. Like w/ the 1st set of pokemon games, it all depends on how much utilization Nintendo will make of the 3DS hardware, concerning it's emulated/VC titles.

As for Block Ball, I always wanted to get the game, & never did. I do recall playing it, on some monitor of sorts in Sears, that displayed it on a large screen. & no, I'm pretty sure it wasn't running on a Super Gameboy. It was a Gameboy literally plugged into some monitor displaying exactly the same display as the Gameboy itself, in all it's pea-green color.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Will get this, this and Kirby's Tilt N' Tumble are the only 2 Kirby games I've never played. I can't see Tilt N' Tumble getting a VC release though :( (although it'd be possible in theory...)