Dr. Kawashima is Coming to 3DS

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Just what the doctor ordered

It's been confirmed that a new entry in the Dr. Kawashima series is on the way to 3DS. Though no exact release date was given it's due in Japan this summer, with worldwide plans yet to be confirmed.

This new entry will focus on two key areas: concentration and working memory. It will consist of intense exercises to be completed in about five minutes each day, with the aim to overcome what Satoru Iwata described as 'information addiction'. The best part of this reveal was that Dr. Kawashima, or Professor Kawashima as he's known in Japan, will appear as a devil in this title, no doubt to motivate you to concentrate.

Did you buy any of the originals for DS, and are you interested in taking your training into the third-dimension?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

So they've finally announced it. It was downl for pre-order on amazon uk for some time now strangely. Insta-buy all the way.

ville10

ville10 said:

I'm kinda looking forward to this. Sadly it's likely to be a retail title, these kind of everyday exercises are better as download software, so that you don't have to switch game card each day.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

WHEN I USED TO PLAY IT IN 2006 I THOUGHT THAT WHEN YOU DON'T PLAY FOR A LONG TIME HIS FACE WILL LOOK DEVILISH! O_O"

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Information Addiction: Old people saying young people are no longer satisfied with and able to hold attention on doing singular often repetitive tasks that aren't interesting, that is most jobs, because the internet provides too much variety too freely. I saw an interview... on Colbert Report was it? Where a person spoke on the subject about the internet bred generation while unable to focus on 1 singular often repetitive task as well, are able to multitask many smaller tasks more efficiently.

The problem I had with Brain Age 1 and 2, of which I did own, is that while I saw improvements in myself while using it (especially in mental math) it got so boring after a month I dropped it.

Also looking at Dr. Kawashima ugly mug got a bit tiring. Allow me to switch him out for a female counterpart.

UNSOLUTEDSALT

UNSOLUTEDSALT said:

I could use some of that training. I hope this a one of the franchises where DLC will flourish. That way we can get more exercises without a full retail sequel.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

What @ville10(#8) said. I hope they either reconsider or make it available as a download and retail title. With the option to download it for free if you have the retail game. :)