Dillon's Rolling Western Has Arrived in North America

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Hitting the Wild West

European gamers celebrating the release of Dillon's Rolling Western today can be joined by their North American friends, as it's been confirmed that the title is now available in the eShop.

Footage of the title with some information on features and gameplay can be found on Reggie Fils-Aime's Nintendo Direct broadcast, which you can watch here on Nintendo Life.

It costs $9.99, and we'll have our review ready soon.

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

This was the best surprise of Nintendo Direct. Though had I come to Nintendolife first, I probably would have figured it out before hand.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Argggh! I'm just short of $9.99! Curse you Animal Crossing Clock! I don't even use it... ;___;

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Awesome. I'm waiting for reviews, but I'm pretty sure I'll pick this up. Looks super fun.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

WTFUDGE? Suddenly £9 = $10 all of a sudden! Still, the games pretty good though!

Joco84

Joco84 said:

fcukin joke of an exchange rate - UK getting screwed as usual!!!!! :(

flatspikes

flatspikes said:

£9, now not to sound tight but there are a bunch of retail games for £10 now, is this really better value than Rayman, Ghost Recon or SF4?

RR529

RR529 said:

I'll wait for some reviews to roll in (no pun intended). Most previews I've read had very negative things to say about the controls, so I'm skeptical.

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

Would have been an instant buy if priced at $6.99, but three dollars more is giving me a reason to wait for reviews.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Yesterday I paid $13.56 for Solatorobo and $12.44 for DQV so I'm not seeing this as worth $9.99 today.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Phew I thought I was going to regret not buying this instead of Samurai Sword Destiny. NL has rated that game wrong.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

I like the game but the controls are completely lefty-unfriendly, so I doubt I'll be able to get very far with it.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Nice surprise to get this game today. I would have picked it up instantly but the price is more than I expected it to be. I will just wait until I read a few reviews before I make my purchase. Hmm, now I wonder what Nintendo will be releasing in tomorrow's eShop update.

Birdman

Birdman said:

All right, I'll go check out some impressions now. $10 is a little steep for something that didn't seem so hot in previews.

DanteSolablood

DanteSolablood said:

Is this any good? Looks a little like the best game Sonic the Hedgehog never starred in. Hope it's good'un!

Myx

Myx said:

i was tempted to download this for the sheer sake of something new for the 3ds, but they completely lost me with the utterly boring western-theme. the overall premise (seems more like a collection of medi-games to me than a game with a point) was also very uninteresting. nop. instead of overhyping such nonsense, nintendo should consider just putting their retail games into the eShop. everyone would be satisfied. but no,.. this would be way too easy, so they will just not do it. no money from me, there, sorry ;)

rjejr

rjejr said:

After watching the Direct video I could see how they could justify $10 for this game, seems like a lot of stuff in there, I assumed it was just a rolling around minigame iOS thing. (Don't get "Egg Punch", even for free, it's just minigolf). Having a tower defense game with RPG characteristics seems almost retail worthy. Better than a lot of similarly priced Wiiware stuff. I'll probably get it at some point. If Nintendo is planning on competing with Sony and Microsoft with the WiiU they are going to have to start having sales at some point. They just are.