Metal Gear Solid-Themed 3DS Teased

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Slithers into view

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D has been a long time coming, but series creator Hideo Kojima has taken to Twitter to tease details about the stealthy title. His latest revelation, as reported by Andriasang, is that there will be a Metal Gear Solid-themed 3DS system released as part of a bundle.

A release date of 8th March has been confirmed, but due to the vague nature of tweets it's unclear whether these details are applicable worldwide or just in Japan. Full details are due on 20th January and we'll bring you the news as soon as it's announced.

In the meantime, what do you think of this latest 3DS design?

[via andriasang.com]

Portista

Portista said:

That doesn't look like the best special edition 3DS, but it looks ok. Still, Mario 3DS's look best!

GAMERG0D

GAMERG0D said:

I'm just going to wait for another version of the 3DS. I'm fine with my black one.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

I'm happy it doesn't appeal to me. No temptation to get a different 3DS before a new model comes along isn't such a bad thing. :)

PS: "Not to scale"'s a good one for sure. :D

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

This caption bests nearly all captions in recent memory. I don't know if I should hit my head on the table or chuckle quietly to myself.

Kitty_hime1

Kitty_hime1 said:

that 3ds looks like a snake? SNAKE?! SNNNNNAAAAAAKKKKEEEE!!!!!!!
sry i felt that it had to be done lol

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

Need it :3

Still hate the title they gave the game though. They should clearly state that it's MGS3, and not just the original MGS with some different subtitle in HD >:[

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

it needs the metal gear solid logo on it, i just it think looks a little boring but that's just me.

AVahne

AVahne said:

I'm very happy with my Zelda Limited Edition 3DS, but this looks really awesome!

Popyman

Popyman said:

@zezhyrule: Does it really matter though? Fans know what it is and to people who haven't played any of the series it is, technically, the first Metal Gear Solid game so they won't be missing any story details.

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

It's too subtle, imo. I find it rather dull and boring. There should be some sort of symbol or such to really set it apart from the Cosmo Black 3DS.