These Cut Scenes Never Made it Into Majora's Mask

Posted by James Newton

Yet here they are

It's always fascinating to see what gets left out of games before they make it to players, and while these two cut scenes from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask aren't the most exciting we've ever seen they do show Link doing press-ups, so that's something.

The clips below come from a beta version of the game, but we won't spoil things by telling you what relevance they have to the story; if you're familiar with Termina, you should have no problems figuring it out for yourself.

Cut scene 1

Cut scene 2

Thanks to Robert for the tip.

[via gonintendo.com]

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

So they were basically just tutorials by the Great Fairy? Not much of a loss. I probably would've found these annoying too, seeing as most players have already figured out to hold B...

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Its always cool to see things left out of games. Sonic 2 had some really cool levels left on the cutting room floor. Gametrailers did a feature on it.

Link79

Link79 said:

The first vid looks like a Rocky training montage.
I can just hear eye of the tiger playing along with it. :)
Weird thing to put in a Zelda game. Glad they left that out.

RVN

RVN said:

maybe they were too hilarious? I always find zelda games to have an extremely polite sense of humour

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

That first video looks like Link is exercising and then transforms into Fierce Deity Link. Wish I could get results like that in the gym!!

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

@Shworange
Random? Zelda story when Skyward Sword is just released and the biggest Nintendo game in a long time. Not so random.

Irrelevant? How could previously unseen video of a retro Zelda game be irrelevant in the retro section of Nintendo life?

So... I guess no, it wasn't random and irrelevant. :) It seems like it was entertaining to at least a few of us, too.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

"ben drowned" has now made it so that anything from Majora's Mask now makes me a bit frightened and apprehensive.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

I gotta say... this is going to cause a lot more... questionable fanfics. @.@

Also, Link would have gotten his Fierce Deity form from the training with the Great Fairy? Huh...

@Godot: He's Link. That's how! ;)

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

WTF was that! Such a weird and creepy game but It's great. I can see why these cut scenes weren't in the actual game... weird. Especially the first one O.O

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

hey maybe they will reput it back in for the 3DS remake :P lol that is of course after they finish the new zelda game

Lan

Lan said:

Someone should translate that so we know what she's saying

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

That first one surprised me, though it does explain the glitch I heard about

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

So in the first clip, we see Link "working out" with the Great Fairy as a boy. Then suddenly we see him some time later, transformed into a man.

I think we can make some wierd and strange assumptions of what went on to make Link into a man. ;)

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

the great fairy always looked like a creepy blow-up doll to me. shudder.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Link79 wrote:

The first vid looks like a Rocky training montage.
I can just hear eye of the tiger playing along with it.
Weird thing to put in a Zelda game. Glad they left that out.

Exactly what I was thinking. Until I read BlackFira’s comment (19.) ...
It would be great if in the future they’d include good left out stuff in a second-playthrough-quest. That would be great DLC as well.

Lan wrote:

Someone should translate that so we know what she's saying

That would be really great.

@sketchturner (8.): :D
@PhoenixCake (14.): Yeah, i was extremely disappointed as well. ;)
@mariofanatic128 (24.): Sorry dude, no time for the forums. :|
@Qwikman_N_Bass (27.): You’re killing me. :D
@k8sMum (28.): More like a threatening Drag Queen to me but your connotation is “nice“ too. Tingle’s got nothing on this horrorshow.

Teh-Ray

Teh-Ray said:

Wait, there are still people who don't know about the creepypasta for this game? My brother couldn't sleep for days after he read that. lol.

On topic, though, these cutscenes are adorable. I wish they were kept in the game, honestly. Plus, when the Great Fairy positions Link's arm in the second cutscene, I was a bit in awe because it looked really good.