Nintendo Dates 3DS Download Software for Early 2012

Posted by James Newton

Roll up

Nintendo of Europe just released some vague dates for upcoming 3DS download software to kick off 2012.

WiiWare puzzler ThruSpace is set for a 3DS sequel as Nintendo Europe has announced SpeedThru: Potzol's Puzzle is coming to the eShop in February 2012. It's already out in Japan but we'll get to try it out in a few months time.

Elsewhere there are broad release windows for other Nintendo-published eShop games and some third-party stuff too. Here's the list from Nintendo:

3DS Download Software for Early 2012

VVVVVV (Nicalis) — January 2012
SpeedThru: Potzol's Puzzle (Nintendo) — February 2012
3D Classics: Kid Icarus™ (Nintendo) — Q1 2012
Colors! 3D (Collecting Smiles) — Q1 2012
Dillon's Rolling Western™ (Nintendo) — Q1 2012
Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! (Shin’en Multimedia) — Q1 2012
Mutant Mudds™ (Renegade Kid) — Q1 2012

What are you most looking forward to in this list?

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

I'm looking forward to VVVVV and Kid Icarus 3D Classics, for sure. Hope they come to America soon, as well ;)

47drift

47drift said:

Hey wait a minute, where's Mighty Switch Force? I've had money on my 3DS for that since it was announced!

cammy

cammy said:

Looking forward to Colors! Wish I could get it on my phone as well actually.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

3D Classics: Kid Icarus is definitely going to a get for me. They might be shooting for a February or early March release for that.

Late

Late said:

Colors 3D is the only one of these I'm looking forward. If other games have good reviews I might take a second look at them.

MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer said:

even though this is eurpeon i'd have to admit it they are getting a good set of 3dsware, and i guess there's still trying to push mighty switch force to this year

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

in order of anticipation: Mutant Mudds > 3D Classics: Kid Icarus > VVVVVV > Dillon's Rolling Western > SpeedThru: Potzol's Puzzle > Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! >>> Colors! 3D (the margins between all of 'em - except Colors! 3D - are very small though)
I really hope that's only the first wave of games though and there'll be a great 3DS Ware game every two weeks or so.

And it would be really amazing if this means NightSky, Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword and Mighty Switch Force all come out this year.

PS: Please let Picross E make it to the entire west too. I've been a quite good boy this year. :)

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

No Mighty switch force? Does that mean we could get it this month? I hope so. Out of these titles, I'm most looking forward to Mutant Mudds and the other one I plan on getting is 3D classics: Kid Icarus.