How Many Kirbys Can You Fit on a DS Box?

Posted by James Newton

The pinkest box you'll ever see

While gamers across North America can now wrestle with Kirby Mass Attack, European DS owners must wait until 28th October to get another dose of pink sugary fun. Nintendo Europe wants to put that right at the forefront of your mind, as the game's Euro box art clearly shows.

Ignoring the rather more action-oriented cover adorning boxes in North America, PAL gamers get the logo surrounded by ten Kirbys, each little face contorted in a different emotion to convey the joy and anguish that awaits beneath the game's cutesy veneer.

You can find more deep analysis in our Kirby Mass Attack review, of course.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

It´ll be released 28th of October, not 21st which is why I´ve bought the NA version from the net.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

EU's cover art is the same as my laptop wallpaper, but I still like the NA cover more.

Red-acteur

Red-acteur said:

The cover's the same as Japan's ^^ I like the confused one on the bottom left corner !

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

Who cares about the cover art. You are not going to be playing with the box.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I like a nice cover art myself. So I guess I care, although it's certainly not a deal-breaker by any means. :D

Bensei

Bensei said:

While the other one has more work put into it, this one conveys the message a lot better.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@Drake: Funny, I didn't notice that Kirby was always angry in North America until now! Shows how much I've been paying attention :O

Blaze

Blaze said:

I've got mine from USA anyway, cuz I couldn't wait for the UK release date.

bahooney

bahooney said:

Seriously, why does NOA feel the need to buff-up the box art of every Kirby game? The EU boxart is loads better!

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Going clockwise number 5, 6, 8 and 10 share the same expression to me. So it can't quite hold up to this one. ;)
And while i much preferred the Amrican cover yesterday i warmed up to the Euro version and think the former looks too much like your typical Kirby cover.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

How typical, just like on Spirit Tracks. Americans must be more homophobic than I thought (or at least NOA thinks so).