Mysterious Teaser Image Hints at BIT.TRIP 3D

Posted by James Newton

CommanderVideo to return?

It's pretty certain that Gaijin Games is developing for 3DS, but the team isn't yet ready to share any concrete details. However, this mysterious teaser image just arrived in our inbox here at Nintendo Life, pointing to a possible 3D excursion for CommanderVideo.

Bear in mind that as with most things posted today there's still a faint whiff of April Fool's in the air, so don't go banking on a 3D Commander excursion any time soon, but as soon as we hear anything more from the Gaijin Games team we'll be sure to bring it to you.

If you're a BIT.TRIP fan, check out our Feature: The History of BIT.TRIP for fascinating insights into what went into making WiiWare's most memorable series.

ADaviii

ADaviii said:

Just imagine Bit.Trip Runner on 3DS. It would be so hard beating the game, but it would be so much fun!

I would pass my DS around to all my friends to see if they could beat it. lol

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Guess Alex finally got tired of all my begging and pleading. :D

sgotsch

sgotsch said:

Thats either the best announcement for the last weeks, or the most cruel (-> best) april fool joke today.

I totally love this picture!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

please let this be legit, please let this be legit...
damn you April 1st for making me distrust everything i read on the internets D: D: D: D: D:

RYBlast

RYBlast said:

This is either the best article I read on Nintendo Life or the most cruel April Fool's joke in my life.

626b

626b said:

The first of April is always the day that you shouldn't believe newly announced games :)

invmat

invmat said:

@13: Exactly, although it's a shame. The BIT.TRIP series simply deserve a sequel. Or in other words... I want a sequel!!!!! NOW!

Meta-Rift

Meta-Rift said:

Assuming this isn't a joke, a 3DS retail release for "BIT.TRIP Collection" plus new content and maybe even a new game (prequel?) would be an instant buy for me.

Arcanum

Arcanum said:

As much as i wish alot of the news today is real, I just can't believe any of it. My most hated day = April 1st.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

I at first though it said "Mysterious Teenager Image". But I neglected the WiiWare releases, so I'd get it.

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

I'm suprised Gaijin Games hasn't also made a blog post about the Bit.Trip arcade machines that are being tested in Japanese arcades.

RionaaM

RionaaM said:

I was going to put on my red-cyan 3D glasses to fully appreciate the picture, but then realised that it wouldn't make any difference, as there aren't any layers to cause a depth sensation, it's just Commander Video over a white background...

wanderlustwarrior

wanderlustwarrior said:

While you guys can, you should check out VGcats.com's page. I was surprised to find out how much of it was actually in effective 3D.

ShineSprite4040

ShineSprite4040 said:

I put the red/cyan glasses on my 3DS and to my surprise, it worked. But it hurts my eyes if I tilt it, and if i turn the 3D off only the red shows up.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

If you go to their facebook page they say it is not a joke under the comments of the pic