Cave Story DSiWare Headed to European Lotcheck Soon

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Could the wait almost be over?

For all of you European Cave Story fans, Nicalis has just informed us that the DSiWare version will be submitted to Nintendo's lotcheck within the next two weeks and hopefully will see a release in European territories soon after.

It's been a bit of a long wait for European gamers, but hopefully that wait will soon be over. You can find out what we thought of the game by checking out our review of the game, and we'll keep you posted on any new information and an exact release date as soon as they become available.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Poor Europeans.

I wonder how many people will buy this with the 3DS version on the horizon? That is, if Cave Story 3D ever comes out in Europe. :P

Stine

Stine said:

^I won't. I already have the WiiWare version, and if I want a portable one, I'd rather wait for the 3DS one.

Highwinter

Highwinter said:

This is annoying, as I've just spent my free 1000 points on games I ended up not liking. Still, I don't expect the 3DS version to come here for a very long time and region locking makes importing impossible.

sykotek

sykotek said:

@Highwinter: Free 1000 points? Are they still doing that?
@Odnetnin: I was thinking the same. IMO, its likely the original Cave Story for DSi won't be transferable to 3DS for that reason. It may disrupt sales of the new 3DS version.

motang

motang said:

It's awesome game peeps. You should get it, if you don't have it already, or not. :)

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

About time :)

Although I've recently played the WiiWare version to death (us poor Europeans only got it just before Christmas) so not sure whether I'll bother with this now. Might just hold out for the 3DS version instead, however long that takes to arrive over here :p

sykotek

sykotek said:

@lz20XX: I could've swore they mentioned somewhere that they aren't going to ALL be transferable and if that's the case, Cave Story, in the business sense, shouldn't be since it'd affect sales of the 3DS version. Of course, I'd like nothing better than to be proven wrong.

PALgamer

PALgamer said:

Delay could hurt this with the definite portable version being made.
Wii love region locking.

OmegaMetroid123

OmegaMetroid123 said:

Is this game long? because i was going to get it but it only took up like, 40 blocks of memory, and i don't want to spend ten dollars on that short of a game

Satans_Therapist

Satans_Therapist said:

Its 2012 in less than 3 weeks and still no cave story.

Is it still coming out in the U.K.? Don't know how much
longer I can wait. I know I can buy cave story 3d but A)
it's more expensive and B) if I can download it it's one
less game I need to carry with me.

Please someone tell me its still heading for the dsi store/3ds eshop