3DS Launch Title Sales Chart (UK)

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Capcom's brawler flies off store shelves

Well the Nintendo 3DS system has now been available in the UK for a mere four days, but the launch title sales figures have already started rolling in and there are actually a few surprises to be found.

It's not often that we see a third-party offering manage to beat out Nintendo's first-party titles, but it seems gamers are flocking to Capcom's 3D rendition of their popular Street Fighter IV release Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition. Of course you won't have to peruse too far down the list in order to find a Nintendo-published title with Pilotwings Resort popping up at the #2 spot. And in a bit of a surprise, Ubisoft's Rayman 3D title manages to debut all the way up in the third spot, showing strong sales for what is essentially a port of a 2000 Dreamcast game, although we enjoyed it.

3DS Sales Chart

01. Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
02. Pilotwings Resort
03. Rayman 3D
04. Super Monkey Ball 3D
05. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
06. Ridge Racer 3D
07. Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever Edition
08. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
09. The Sims 3
10. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

We'll keep you posted on sales figures from other regions as they become available and don't forget to check out our current and upcoming 3DS launch title reviews if you need a little help deciding what to pick up for your shiny new system.

[via computerandvideogames.com]

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

The 3DS games I've reviewed are the top four games on the chart. Coincidence? I think not. :P

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I'm glad Capcom is doing well. Maybe they'll be interested in porting other of their PS3 / XBOX 360 games to the 3DS if this keeps up. I'm also glad that Nintendo fans who don't have other consoles finally get to experience the Street Fighter IV series and its many new characters.

EliPro

EliPro said:

Why is Shadow Wars last? I mean, it's ranked lower than Sims 3.... I have that game and it's awsome. It's like a cross between CoD and Advance Wars.

THENAMESNORM

THENAMESNORM said:

I have Shadow Wars and it's my favourite launch game! But it's important to realise it's NOT last, it's 10th of the 17 or 18 launch titles(can't remember the exact amount) It outsold 2 of ther Nintendogs titles, Asphalt 3D, Splinter Cell and Steel Diver to name a few.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Still waiting for my copy of pilot wings to arrive, Street Fighter is amazing........

KrazyBean

KrazyBean said:

LMAO! I only bought the top 3 titles :D. Here's what I have to say abaout those titles:

Super Street Fighter IV 3D: Best port of a game EVER! It just works on a 3DS...SSFIV on the go? Yes please (I'm playing it at College right now xD)

Pilotwings Resort: AMAZING 3D usage! You really feel like you're in there!

Rayman 3D: One of the best 3D platformers you can buy for the 3DS (before Super Mario 3DS comes out :)). The framerate can get a tad annoying though, but the 3D makes up for it (cause it has wonderful 3D, for me at least).

Now Nintendo, please give me Mario Kart 3DS already!!

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Wow, very surprising list all around. I suspect that the Rayman sales have a lot to do with the fact that they rather sneakily names it Rayman 3D, when it's actually Rayman 2.

pkee

pkee said:

Suprised to see only ONE version of nintendogs there, and that version is in 7th :/

motang

motang said:

SSF IV 3D is awesome game! Loving it, more on the 3DS than on the PS3 as it's on the go.

Tate24

Tate24 said:

Were samurai warriors? I bought it today from hmv and guy told that sw has been flyinging off shelfs!

Yosher

Yosher said:

Well I got SSFIV only because of the lack of anything better. I don't like it much to be honest.. =/

Colors

Colors said:

I got Pilotwings Resort yesterday and picked up SSIV3D and Rayman 3D today (Buy one get one half off 3DS games at ToysRus FTW!) and so far, my fav is SSIV3D

Wolfy-Boey

Wolfy-Boey said:

Shadow Wars Last?!?! Shame on all who ignored it, such an excellent game deserves much better treatment!