The Roller Derby Game of Your Dreams is Coming to WiiWare

Posted by James Newton

Girls on rollerskates at last

"What's a roller derby?", the curious among you may have asked. It's a sport in which two teams of five players on rollerskates try to score points against each other. It's fast, physical and hardly what you'd call "mainstream", which makes it a perfect candidate for a transition to Wii. That's exactly what's happening, as Frozen Codebase is bringing Jam City Rollergirls to WiiWare.

Early comparisons to Mario Kart Wii suggest the game will take a slightly less simulation approach to the sport, with secret shortcuts and power-ups all included to liven things up. Officially licensed by the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association, five licensed teams will compete over unique courses to become the best roller derby team there ever was.

Expected to launch later this year, stay tuned for more Jam City Rollergirls news as it arrives.

[via postcrescent.com]

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

This game is being brought to you by the makers of Kick-Ass The Game on the PSN. That game was terrible so I don't have a very good feeling about this one either.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Too bad no one picks up the licence for "Rollerball" instead...
Which reminds me, I really need to get my hands on the original novel, "Rollerball Murder".

Omega

Omega said:

Can you undress the girls? If so, then we have a serious competitor for Sexy Poker. ;-)

Aviator

Aviator said:

I looooved Whip It, though, im a sucker for Ellen Paige and Drew Barrymore.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I wonder what score this game will get? Hint: It starts with a 1 and ends right there.

EssoTerrick

EssoTerrick said:

Hey Puny and Omega,
You guys sound really tough and sexy. I know video game nudity is what you usually dream about, but why don't you come to a real life bout and try to take the girls clothes off and see what happens? That sounds like way more fun for everyone.