Japanese Virtual Console list - September 2010
Posted by Marcel van Duyn
More well-known games we'll never see (and some we might)
Japan keeps up the pace with five more Virtual Console games this next month. Three of them are arcade titles which could all possibly get a release elsewhere, if the publishers can be bothered. The other two are Japan-exclusive Super Famicom RPGs, which are highly unlikely to be released anywhere else.
Here's the full list of titles they can expect next month:
- Romancing SaGa 3 (The third in a fairly popular Square RPG series, and the last entry on the SFC.)
- Shin Megami Tensei II (The second SFC installment in the popular series, which has only become known in the west fairly recently.)
Virtual Console Arcade:
- Exed Exes (A vertical shoot 'em up that's fairly similar to Xevious. Overall, though, it's fairly insignificant.)
- SonSon (The first Capcom arcade title, as promised by them a while ago. An action platformer, you run across one of six horizontal paths, shooting the incoming enemy and strategically switching paths to avoid others as you see fit.)
- Super Hang-On (One of the first highly-regarded racing games, created by the legendary Yu Suzuki over at Sega. Sadly this version will be unable to replicate the awesome motorbike you had to sit on in arcades!)
To finish off the month of August, Japan will also be getting Mario Tennis next week. At least we get a rare chance to say we got a well-known game before Japan!