Extreme Hangman Coming to DSiWare

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Gamelion announce their new DSiWare title.

Gamelion Studios have just announced their brand new DSiWare title Extreme Hangman. The game is currently going through the ESRB Ratings submission process and will soon be in lot-check at Nintendo for their approval.

The game is already a best-seller on the Verizon service and is also available for iPhone for those of you out there who own one.

You can check out the snippet of information taken from the official press release below, along with the first crop of DSiWare screenshots.

There's never been a Hangman game like this before! The world's favorite time-killer game takes an absurdist twist of comical proportions. Taking place in various settings, the gamer's mission is to save the Hangman from his enemies by guessing the hidden word correctly. By guessing incorrectly, he is put one step closer to being shot, strangled, erased, or hanged by his enemies. Extreme Hangman features seven different settings with fun animations, over 2000 words in various categories, and three difficulty levels.

Already renowned on the Verizon Network, the game will be published to the American market by Gamelion Q3 this year.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

Lol...could be interesting, but I hope there's camera support, so I can slap my face on the character.. Or my girlfriend! Muahahahaha! ... Seriously though, camera options would be funny.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

wow, this is so like, totally extreme dude. Srsly just bring out Furry Legends already. Not that I wont buy this though, unless it's something ridiculous like 800pts.

FroguinZX

FroguinZX said:

The sadist in me is already hooked, offer a bit more substance and a decent price point, then it's an instabuy for me.

Knux

Knux said:

This is a joke right? They are actually going to release a Hangman game on DSiWare? Wow, it's going to be so...extreme.

y2josh

y2josh said:

I was looking for a reason to buy a DSi and I think I just spotted it. NOT :D

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

You guys bash the game, but it's better then, oh I dunno.. A CLOCK! lol also thost @#$% sticks Master of Illusion Express games.
This games success comes down to the price. It's $1.99 on Apples App store, so anything higher then 200 points is unacceptable.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I agree 200 points and no higher. I am personally waiting for Extreme TicTacToe!!!!

Gogata

Gogata said:

It's cool, but deprnds on the price... You know, Nintendo? - I think that you should finally release something for free!!
PS: I wrote this with my DSi...

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I play mixed messages when I'm on the road with my friends so this could make a great companion piece. Finally some real "apps" are coming rather than just clocks and calcs. This is great since I use my dsi a lot more than my iphone. Yes, I know, I'm a nerd.

ShadowFlame76

ShadowFlame76 said:

LOL, I am quite happy that i haven't spent over $200 (canadian), on a DSi.. so far i haven't seen anything substantial for it, that warrants a purchase or the price of purchase.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Call me when text twist is ported over (do a simple version for free! I can play it for free on yahoo games!).

Junkface

Junkface said:

I dont know how extreme you can make hangman but for the right price it could be fun(yeah that 200 mark comes to mind). Are there any "good games" for the mobile that we should be askin for on Dsi wear? I don't care if its a port from the mobiles if its a decent game at a reasonable price. If anyone knows a site that reviews mobile games or knows any fun mobile games please let me know. Thnx

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

"By guessing incorrectly, he is put one step closer to being shot, strangled, erased, or hanged by his enemies." -- There's your "extreme" right there.

cheese

cheese said:

So glad I don't own a DSi right now.
Oh and there's a typo: "We'll keep you posted on any new developments with the game and we'll have a full review when the it hits the DSiWare service."