New Take On Smash Bros. Cast Slightly Disturbing

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Another case of some things best left animated.

Santa Monica-based artist Greg de Stefano is, like many others, a fan of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He also seems to be a fan of scaring the willies out of you, if his latest work is any indication.

Taking things a bit deeper than the uncanny valley, the off-kilter ensemble cast of the mascot basher is the subject of de Stefano's mildly perturbing new photo series. The pics are for the (probably NSFW) Web show There Will Be Brawl, but now you can check them out without sitting through an episode if you so desire.

Mere words can't do justice to his work, so let's skip the thousands and check out the gallery for yourself.

[via infendo.com]

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

I've seen the first episode of "There Will be Brawl". Disturbing doesn't cover the half of it. Though I do get a kick out of the idea that Kirby is some kind of serial mass-murderer. :P

Terra

Terra said:

I can't believe you guys found this. Definitely worth at least a look

Kawaiipikachu

Kawaiipikachu said:

Um er i think i rather the videogame than this weirdo's creation .
Im going to have nightmares for the rest of my life because of this .

Big_A2

Big_A2 said:

Old news again. Ugh....

But you know what they say, if you havn't seen it before, it's news to you!

Objection

Objection said:

Indeed. This is pretty cool. Reallife cosplay is a lot of work. I went as Travis Touchdown at an anime con and it took a few days to scrounge the stuff up.

MetalMario

MetalMario said:

This takes everything good about all those Nintendo characters and pretty much kills it.

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

I watched that first episode. It wasn't funny. Just really weird. I liked the idea of all the Mario Bros. being addicted to Mushrooms, though.

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

I just finished episode 6. I must say that it definitely isn't supposed to be funny, its a Nintendo themed dark drama, a little scary, wft at times, and something that should be seen through till the end

Pegasus

Pegasus said:

I've watched one of the later episodes before I knew it actually was a mini web-series. From what I've seen it's very well done. A bit weird, but good. Eventually, I'll get around to watching the entire series.

Terra

Terra said:

I've watched up to episode 3 now. It is very disturbing in some parts. I like the new tag you guys have used, Disturbia.

wanderlustwarrior

wanderlustwarrior said:

I like what I've seen so far. Reimagining kirby as Hannibal was pretty funny/cool, and I do have to saay, the female models really do look cute (when they aren't acting like whores).

I haven't finished ep 3 yet, but heres a question: am I the only one who doesn't trust Link?

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm looking at the cast list right now. I recognize Jeff Lewis from The Guild! Wasn't expecting that...also can't imagine him as Waluigi. I'll have to give it a shot for that, at least. I'm hoping I'll fall more into the "it's bizarre" category than the "it's disturbing" one.

Well, the first episode ain't so bad, anyway. I plan to watch more later. I will say that this is DEFINITELY not for kids, so all those of you under 17 (the cut-off point listed on the site itself) are better off not watching.

Kangus

Kangus said:

I've been watching There Will Be Brawl from the beginning. It's absolutely phenomenal and so very dark... It's definitely not for everyone.

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

I realy like how they unfold the story but... WHY? why the are Falcon and Pit gay lovers