Muramasa: The Demon Blade Gameplay Trailer

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out the jaw-dropping Muramasa in action!

No matter how many times we see Muramasa: The Demon Blade in action, it never ceases to amaze us. This has got to be one of the best looking 2D games in existence and features some of the most breathtaking backdrops ever seen in a video game and it has the E3 awards to prove it.

Ignition Entertainment, who just got through winning 9 'Best of E3' awards, was kind enough to send over the newest gameplay trailer showing their gorgeous title in action that you can check out below along with a description of what players can expect from this unique action title.

Untitled

The creators of the acclaimed Playstation 2 hit Odin Sphere return with a new tale of possessed souls, forgotten pasts, and unimaginable destinies exclusively for the Nintendo Wii - Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

Two heroes are thurst into a treacherous climate - Kisuke, a brave young lad who's lost his memory, and Momohime, a lithe female ronin possessed by a dark spirit. They must venture across the dangerous countryside, in a race to collect the swords before the vile Shogun can reach them.

Watch as the destinies of those drawn to these cursed blades unfold, as Dragon and Demon Gods from the netherworld appear to challenge those who wield them. Who will you encounter? Friend or foe? Find out in Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

FEATURES:

• Beautiful and vivid 2D graphics, making Muramasa arguably the best looking 2D game to be released for the Wii.
  • Experience a large variety of environments, complimented by classic side-scrolling gameplay.
  • Play as two distinct ninja characters, each with unique bosses to topple
  • Multiple endings leading to high replay value
  • Play with the Wii Remote & Nunchuk or the Wii Classic Controller
  • 16:9 widescreen support
  • Haunting soundtrack and top-tier Japanese voice talent
  • Optional challenge stages and mini-games throughout
  • Satisfying action elements leading to rich depth of combat
  • Stunning cut-scenes and captivating story elements

Who will you encounter? Friend or foe? Find out in Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

We'll have more information on Muramasa: The Demon Blade as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game when it's released in the US this September. We personally can't wait to get our hands on this one. :)

y2josh

y2josh said:

Reminds me of Odin Sphere, which is a good thing. After I checked, Vanillaware developed Odin Sphere as well. If you have a PS2 you should check it out.
Edit: Just read the article and I feel like a bag of douche.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

LOL. That was funny. :) Hey at least you got the Odin Sphere connection. :)

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

You can't put a price on 2D gaming goodness for me personally. I'm going to be all over this one. :)

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

This game looks fantastic! I got my copy pre-ordered already! This could be one of the best games on the Wii this year! Its definitely one of the most gorgeous games I've seen on any console!:)

jbrodack

jbrodack said:

Looking forward to this. What are the optional challenges and mini games? I haven't heard anything about that before.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

This still looks kinda iffy to me - that RPG labeling has me thinking twice about this.:( I mean, it looks cool, but looks can be decieving, especially if it's a trailer.

Besides, I was hoping for more of a Shinobi-ish direction, anyways.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I don't believe this is an rpg. I think it was mislabeled in the game info.

y2josh

y2josh said:

Glad you all enjoyed my mishap :D Odin Sphere had RPG elements with sidescrolling beat em up style.

James

James said:

Looks fantastic - that's the first time I've seen it moving and I really like the art style and animation. It's clearly had a lot of work on its aesthetics, so hopefully the gameplay will live up to the graphics. Not long to find out :)

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

This game looks absolutely spectacular, even more impressive than Odin Sphere - and that's saying something!

I've been a fan of these guys since Princess Crown on the Saturn, so I'm really pumped for this.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Finally, someone else who likes Princess Crown. And you're right, this game makes me drool. :D

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

I have been looking forward to this from the day it was announced... was prepared to get a Jap Wii for it, so glad it's coming over here though. The wait is almost over!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Yeah, it looks pretty and all, but that just gives me more reason to distrust it - especially after that conversation about pretentious games I had with Refa and Froguin earlier.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

Check out some impressions, then. There's plenty of hands-on features out there, all of them positive.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I'll wait 'n' see for myself. I'm goin' with my gut, and my gut don't trust this, not one bit.

Kim_Jong-Il

Kim_Jong-Il said:

Ooh, I'd really like to try out Odin Sphere. Got a spare PS2 you'd give to mee for free/cheap anyone? :)

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Josh

If so then this would be the first.:p Still, I'd bet my life on that damn thing, so I'm not gonna give up on that thing just yet. Besides, what could be a smarter thing for a consumer to be, than to be pessimistic?

Machu

Machu said:

I feel like an excited little child whenever I see that game in action.

Adam

Adam said:

Mickey, this game is as old school as you can get. It's the successor of a few very similar games Vanillaware's made, most recently Odin Sphere. The RPG features are simply that your life meter and one other meter (I forget) level up. It's like calling Zelda II an RPG.

Objection

Objection said:

I'm probably gonna get this. I love the art style, I just need to be a little more convinced on the gameplay.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Ugh, they barely show any gameplay at all in this trailer. All they show is overdone art and the unnerving character designs.

Pfft, I've run outta reasons to trust this now. It's gonna be s***, I know it, and I don't wanna be any part of it. Adios

Noire

Noire said:

This game looks pretty amazing. If I have an extra $50 lying around this September, I'll be sure to get it.

Miyabi273

Miyabi273 said:

@MickeyMac if you want game play go onto the main site and watch the first trailer.

Anyway this game looks amazing I had to scope out the main site too. This game is so beautifully done. I can not wait to buy it.