Gorgeous, engrossing, flawed.
A lot of Muramasa: The Demon Blade's pre-release hype hinged on its art; while you could get a good impression of the beauty of the game, it isn’t until you have it in motion on your own screen that it hits you. Vanillaware has delivered a visual and aural feast in its portrayal of feudal Japan; Muramasa is truly a...
About The Game
Prepare to embark on an epic journey through mystical ancient Japan in Muramasa: The Demon Blade, an ambitious new adventure designed exclusively for the Nintendo Wii.
Set during the feudal Genroku era, this game features two distinct heroes - Kisuke, a brave young lad who's lost his memory, and Momohime, a lithe female ronin possessed by a dark spirit. Kisuke and Momohime must independently venture acorss the dangerous countryside, racing to collect a stash of cursed swords before the vile Shogun can amass their dark powers.
Watch as the destinies of those drawn to these legendary blades unfold, as Dragon and Demon Gods from the netherworld appear to challenge those who wield them.
- Beautiful and vivid 2D graphics, making Muramasa arguably the best looking 2D game to be released for the Wii.
- Experience a large variety of environments, complimented by classic side-scrolling gameplay.
- Play as two distinct ninja characters, each with unique bosses to topple
- Multiple endings leading to high replay value
- Play with the Wii Remote & Nunchuk or the Wii Classic Controller
- 16:9 widescreen support
- Haunting soundtrack and top-tier Japanese voice talent
- Optional challenge stages and mini-games throughout
- Satisfying action elements leading to rich depth of combat
- Stunning cut-scenes and captivating story elements
Who will you encounter? Friend or foe? Find out in Muramasa: The Demon Blade.