Block Breaker Deluxe Coming to WiiWare

Posted by Damien McFerran

Gameloft isn’t really a company that you’d associate with top-rank videogaming, thanks to the fact that it has only really dabbled in the notoriously inconsistent world of mobile phone software. That said, it’s one of the better companies currently working in that sphere of interactive entertainment.

Looking to expand into the domestic market, Gameloft has announced that it will be releasing Block Breaker Deluxe for the Japanese WiiWare service in April. A rather cheeky clone of Breakout, this updated version showcases a split-screen multiplayer mode and an in-game shop where you can purchase new items.

It is expected to retail for 800 Wii points and a Western release is very likely.

Quimby

Quimby said:

Yawn, 800 points for arkanoid/breakout... No thanks, I'll just drag out the Atari 7200.

Manicfatty

Manicfatty said:

Has anyone played PixelJunk Monsters? I'd love to see that come to Wiiware. Or a re-make of Herzog Zwei! That would make my year! Online realtime strat? Yum.

Manicfatty

Manicfatty said:

Ooooo...How about a Wiiware Shining Force that allows you to recreate the battles from all the games...but with both forces controlled by players! Kind of RTS-lite in a familiar universe!

Manicfatty

Manicfatty said:

@Tony - Holy crap...I didn't even think of that. I played that game for hours when I was in the field, and waiting on orders or had down time. Good call.

Quimby

Quimby said:

@manicfatty, I'm up for that Shining force idea. I decided no atari, I remembered that bat'n'ball games died out for a reason...
THEY SUCK!!!
Oh crap, damn this site lol, it's 4 am already. Bed time, nite all.

Sage_Joch

Sage_Joch said:

800 points for a breakout clone? Didn't think so!!
They'd better start working on releasing Starfox 2 on Wiiware, now that would be awesome!!

Tim

Tim said:

I'm Laughing My Ass Off! The staff at Gameloft must walk into doors very often to come up with this bright idea. This is a company headed in the right direction with an 800 point Block Breaker. What's next? A 1600 point Pong clone perhaps?

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

I would actually be prepared to kill someone for an updated Herzog Zwei.

JNoodles

JNoodles said:

Considering that this game is on the iPod for $4.99 as well as cell phones in America, I'm throwing a "NOT WORTH IT" out.

Objection

Objection said:

How about 100 pts? Seriously this isnt worth the price or the storage (oops i said the s word) even if it IS only like 100 blocks.

Serpent

Serpent said:

I would get this but there is too much other games comming to wiiware that i would rather get.

Quimby

Quimby said:

We need to grab gameloft, whack them about the head with a newspaper and say "No! No, thats a bad Gameloft. This is not a mobile phone!" and then grab thier collective heads and rub thier noses in it so they learn.
'It puts this notion in the bin, or else it gets the hose again.'

DEMON212

DEMON212 said:

Seeing as Starfox/Starwing 2 is fully complete, there is NO reason why they can't release it. And if they think it's a bad game, then why the hell did Adventures and Assault get released????????

DEMON212

DEMON212 said:

DEMON212

DEMON212 said:

DEMON212

DEMON212 said:

DEMON212

DEMON212 said:

Yeah stupid Wii messed up. There were 11, it's let me delete 3, but now it's being a pain again (My VCR Mod powers).

DEMON212

DEMON212 said:

YAY!!!!!! FINALLY!

Damn I love being a Mod :D

LMFAO XD IT'S JUST DONE IT AGAIN! XD XD XD

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

I think pricing this at 800 Points is too much, especially for a game of this statue with no lasting variety (I may be passing judgments here...), repetitiveness, lack of Wi-Fi and, simply put, a remake/port with little-to-no gameplay enhancements. I for one won't be taken in by this title at all.

And plus, there are too many remakes of this game anyway. Sure I'd expect one to come to WiiWare but for 800 Points? C'mon..