TMNT increases in price for Europe

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

A strange development recently (We are unsure when), as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles now also costs 600 Wii Points in Europe (And Australia) instead of 500, just like America.

Not that this really matters, as the game's not very good. We sincerely hope that you don't download it now, why would you buy a stinker for an increased price!? Save your Wii Points for something else!

__R.

R. said:

TMNT is 600pts in the US. It has been that price since lauch.

Boredom_v2_2

Boredom_v2_2 said:

well ofcourse u shouldn't buy it! Hasn't anyone seen the videos for the game. The arcade version is better than this game (note: i'm not a TMNT fan but my comment is true)

big_ed

big_ed said:

lol on avgn. it was never worth 100 more points than something like super mario bros. Did the movie TMNT come out over in Europe just now or something?

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

Errr, R and Atlantis: It says in the news that it has been 600 in the US since its release. The news just says that the price in EU and Australia has been changed...although I'm actually pretty sure it has been 600 points in Europe as well since it had been released on the VC.

sailingtheseaoffools

sailingtheseaoffools said:

Konami said they had to charge 600 points due to licensing. Obviously they have decided to correct the mistake of not charging the other regions 100 more points.

Shortay

Shortay said:

Heh AVGN... I wouldn't get it if it was 200 points, doesn't interest me at all

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

Super VG Bros, this is about Europe, not America. I am 100% sure it was 500 Points here when it was released (Which was before America, it even caused some people to complain).

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Drake is right, it was 500 points in EU when it was released on 16.03.2007.
A late increase in price? I hope other games wont have the same fate.

As for TMNT: The game is worthless. (Only for Turtles hardcore fans)

__Bazoon

Bazoon said:

I just deleted that stinker... good thing I saved it on my SD card :), I hope I won't have to waste 100 points if I will want to redownload it(if ever..., lawl).

MaxK

MaxK said:

It's no big deal. The later NES titles (I own a copy of TMNT III) and Turtles in Time are much better anyway and the one they made on the Genisis is supposed to be decent as well. Too bad we have to wait.

Yoshi175

Yoshi175 said:

It's been 600 for a while I noticed it when I was looking throuh the NES games.

BJ1

BJ1 said:

Whatever! Can they please just release TMNT 2: The Arcade Game already?!

alvieao

alvieao said:

Konami should release TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (SNES), even if it means that we have to spend it 100 points more for a SNES VC title.

Villain

Villain said:

TMNT doesn't suck THAT hard. I guess most of you guys never read AVGNs FAQ where he admits he exaggerates his criticism a bit of most of the games he bashes, as he focuses on what's really bad about a game. TMNT ain't no classic, but it definetly is NOT a game. <br> <br>But I guess that's just one man's opinion.

MaxK

MaxK said:

I admit, I did have a little fun with the first TMNT game. The music is pretty rockin' despite the lack of the theme song, and I did like the bird's eye view portions of it. The melee attacks are responsive enough, but the jumping mechanics made the game hard and the second level is just too unforgiving.

jackaroo

jackaroo said:

It has been 600 points for quite a while now. Actually i got my Wii online in early september and its been 600 points since then.

__chopblock

chopblock said:

TMNT was one of those games that I played a LOT when I was little and hadn't yet developed great taste in games. I want to download it out of nostalgia - but not for those ludicrously inflated prices.

Villain

Villain said:

@chopblock: That's exactly how I played it as a kid.

But it IS weird and stupid that it costs 100 points more than other NES games.

__Teodoro

Teodoro said:

i bouoght the european version for just 500 wii points.

Eu products of Nintendo are more expensive than Usa, Why?

Mike1

Mike1 said:

22. Villain 31 Oct 2007, 14:22 GMT
"TMNT doesn't suck THAT hard. I guess most of you guys never read AVGNs FAQ where he admits he exaggerates his criticism a bit of most of the games he bashes, as he focuses on what's really bad about a game. TMNT ain't no classic, but it definetly is NOT a ... game. But I guess that's just one man's opinion."

I agree with you completely.