Forums

Topic: wii successor: the rumor mill has exploded

Posts 181 to 200 of 272

skywake

kkslider5552000 wrote:

wait, why are you still believing this? It's a bunch of details of stuff that would NEEEEEVVVVEEEER happen. That COULD never happen. Just because Duke Nukem Forever's being released soon doesn't mean the impossible will happen. AND IN OCTOBER.

well

pixelman wrote:

I think they're saying the console is far enough in development for it to be able to be released that soon, but not in sufficient numbers. So that means the console is basically finished and waiting for production

and I don't see what things they've said that would "never happen". I would be surprised if it wasn't HD, the Wii is starting to lose steam so I think most people were expecting something in 2012/2013 anyways and if they are doing something it was always going to be more powerfull than the 5/6 year old PS3 and 360. Nothing outlandish there. The screens on the controllers is a bit strange but..... we are talking about Nintendo remember? I'm sure you would've said "that's ridiculous" about the Gamecube because it used disks, the Wii because of it's controller, the DS because of it's screens and I'm sure if the N64 had leaks when you were wandering around on the intertubes you'd say that controller was BS.

That said....... an non-holiday release for a console is a bit strange. It might happen, and it has happened before, but I would think if they can make October/November they will.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

retired_account

kkslider5552000 wrote:

pixelman wrote:

I just wish they'd fix their motion controls. After 3 years I still don't have a good tennis game, damn it. >:

A Virtua Tennis game was released on Wii so I'm dissappointed in Sega if you are right.

Been there, bought that, sold that. GST was close, but the lag and finicky calibration takes quite literally dozens of hours to get used to.

retired_account

chiwii

I really don't like the rumored new controllers. Personally, I prefer the simplicity of the wiimote.

Also, I'm kind of disappointed that a new console might be coming out so soon. It feels like the Wii's potential still hasn't been fully realized. Look at the balance board - Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus were the only two games that really used it well (I liked Wii Ski, but I think it got mixed reviews). Motion Plus basically has Sports Resort and Red Steel 2. These are great technologies that could have been used to make some innovative games!

Edited on by chiwii

chiwii

Cia

chiwii wrote:

I really don't like the rumored new controllers. Personally, I prefer the simplicity of the wiimote.

Also, I'm kind of disappointed that a new console might be coming out so soon. It feels like the Wii's potential still hasn't been fully realized. Look at the balance board - Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus were the only two games that really used it well (I liked Wii Ski, but I think it got mixed reviews). Motion Plus basically has Sports Resort and Red Steel 2. These are great technologies that could have been used to make some innovative games!

In my opinion, Wiimote is all but simple, since you have to constantly plug and unplug nunchuku or classic controllers to it. I just want to play with one controller with no add-ons next time, Nintendo.

Cia

Pew

i hope the wii succesor wont be called Wii 2 its sounds so genetric....... ahem (dont laugh now) it should be called Wii Wii

Hehehehe.

Hokori

I want it to play GCN still

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

LordJumpMad

Can we just duct tape two Wiis together, and call it a day.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

spizzamarozzi

Let's be real...speculations about controllers with a built-in touch screen have been around since the Nintendo DS was released. Everybody was saying that the GameCube successor would have had a built-in touch-screen!! That's how stupid and accurate these rumours are.

I think that Nintendo won't release another console until they'll have some radical new technology to put on the market. Blue-ray and touch-screen on the controller are nice, but although the touch-screen for a home console would be new, it's hardly groundbreaking. And of course they won't realease a new technology now that they already released 3DS this year and PS3 and XBox are still going strong.
I'm sure they'll wait for PS3 and Xbox to get weaker in terms of games sales and the 3DS to establish a strong and lasting reputation in the market (that is, sell millions). If they release something new now, Sony will steal it in 6 months and release another clone like the Move, and idiots will buy it, extending even further PS3's lifespan.

I bet we're not going to see anything real for at least the next 2 years.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Link79

I know let's call it Wiines! Get it? Sounds like... Ah nevermind

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

kkslider5552000

Link79 wrote:

I know let's call it Wiines! Get it? Sounds like... Ah nevermind

I now want a Wii 2 to have a computer mouse. Just so the commercials can have the mouse move on it's own, find a piece of cheese and have some voiceover say "Would you like cheese with your Wiine?"

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Pew

pixelman wrote:

I still hope it's called the Coffii.

'' want some coffii??? ''
'' Yes please ''
Pours wii in a teacup

Hehehehe.

SigourneyBeaver

If that's a standard CD slot then this thing will be massive. Anyway, that pic looks fake. You'd put a hand in it or something to try to make it look more real.

Sigourney Beaver.

Late

Sylverstone wrote:

Late breaking news!

I don't wanna get broken...

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.