Forums

Topic: wii successor: the rumor mill has exploded

Posts 201 to 220 of 272

TheKingOfTown

Project Cafe announced! W00t

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Cia

I'm almost positive that Skyward Sword will not be a release game for a new console, but stays exclusive to the Wii. First of all (if the rumors about Stream controllers are true), it would have to be controlled with a Wii remote and Motion +, unless they wouldn't want to build the whole control scheme and gameplay mechanics which support it from the scratch. The game is completely planned around Wii remote and motion +. Secondly, the graphics would be clearly outdated for the next console, even in HD. The situation wasn't as bad with Twilight Princess, since Wii wasn't too much more powerful than Gamecube, and TP is still one of it's best looking games. Finally, they would need to rework the game to work with new controllers somehow, and possibly put the "Stream screen" on work.
It's just too much hassle to move Skyward Sword to another console. What may be possible, however, is the chance to play it with upscaled resolution on the next console (if it's indeed backwards compatible).

Edited on by Cia

Cia

citizenerased

Upscaled resolution Skyward Sword would be brilliant.

Would it be possible for Nintendo to implement upscaling for all Wii games, and possibly even Gamecube titles?

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Cia

tealovertoma wrote:

Upscaled resolution Skyward Sword would be brilliant.

Would it be possible for Nintendo to implement upscaling for all Wii games, and possibly even Gamecube titles?

I don't know much about technical stuff, but i sure hope so. What i know instead, is that Nintendo is once again gonna win the E3!

Cia

James

It's certainly possible for Wii games — Super Mario Galaxy shines in 720p — but I don't know if Nintendo will do it. I'd love to see it done to give me a nice reason to go through my games again!

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Pew

Serious? it looks like a bookcase

Edited on by Pew

Hehehehe.

skywake

Sylverstone wrote:

Untitled

Seen via http://wiihdrumors.com/leaked-the-first-look-at-the-project-c...
It's fake, of course. Won't believe anything until Nintendo says so.

Could be a dev unit, it matches the other images posted earlier.
(the light being on with no power is strange but)

oh and ...... did you see this? Of course you have but... let me show you again
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2011/110425_4e.pdf
this thing is totally real. Told ya so

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

romulux

tealovertoma wrote:

just upscaling wouldn't be hard to do but it wouldn't give you the same quality as the HD shots of wii games you've probably seen around. you'd have to render the polygons at HD resolutions to get that, which is a lot more difficult but looks a lot better. nintendo has done it before with N64 games on the virtual console, rendering all the polygons at twice their original resolutions, so maybe it'll happen.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

citizenerased

I made a mockup of what I want

Untitled
(click for bigger version)

buttons would be bigger, sticks would be lower etc, obv, it's just a quick and dirty

the whole thing would probably be a bit smaller than an iPad, obviously, but the main point I'm making is that it would be a lower resolution screen that would allow for maps, item selection, etc (much like the DS' second screen), as well as interface control and touch controls during games that allow it

Edited on by citizenerased

citizenerased

^ Haha, I was thinking it humped an external hard drive instead, but that works too.

For the lols, I'll include Project Cafe here too

Untitled

The Other M: Maid

Rob_mc_1

tealovertoma wrote:

You want an iPad with Gamecube buttons? That does not look comfortable. I would prefer a mixture of the Wii Remote and the Logitech Harmoney. remote style is still best for pointing.

♠♦♣

kkslider5552000

I was clearly way too optimistic about the intelligence or any possible lack of greed from Nintendo. Oh well, enjoy the lack of good console games on Nintendo consoles for the next 3 years....again.

Nintendo being fun again was nice while it lasted. Hope the sheep enjoy a ton of unoriginal FPSs, half-assed spin off titles and (spoilers!) the same amount of shovelware as Wii.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

citizenerased

Rob_mc_1 wrote:

tealovertoma wrote:

You want an iPad with Gamecube buttons? That does not look comfortable. I would prefer a mixture of the Wii Remote and the Logitech Harmoney. remote style is still best for pointing.

It's a mockup. I want a comfortable, smaller, ergonomic thicker pad (somewhere between a pad and a controller) with 2 sticks, buttons, triggers and probably a d-pad. Like I said, not a pixel-by-pixel recreation, quick and dirty, I didn't care about the details - it was mostly to show what the touch screen could be used for (item selection, maps, games).

shingi_70

I wonder if we will get a video annoument at the investsers meeting like with the 3$#. I hpe that ts backwards compatiable with the wii 3DS

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

noname001

Crud, I was wrong evidently.

Regardless, I honestly hope the Wii continues to have awesome support until the new system comes out. Of course I'm worried that won't be the case...

Also hoping the maintain the simplicity of the Wii motion controls.Everything felt just right, I don't want to suddenly be attacked with a million buttons again.

noname001

warioswoods

Honestly, with all these dev-kit pictures: who cares? It tells us little to nothing about the consumer product's form factor and design. The dev kit almost certainly does not represent the final design, in any meaningful way.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Hokori

tealovertoma wrote:

^ Haha, I was thinking it humped an external hard drive instead, but that works too.

For the lols, I'll include Project Cafe here too

Untitled

The Other M: Maid

hummmmmmm...... :F

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

komicturtle

The slot looks small- like Gamecube disc small.

komicturtle

Killamancer

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I was clearly way too optimistic about the intelligence or any possible lack of greed from Nintendo. Oh well, enjoy the lack of good console games on Nintendo consoles for the next 3 years....again.

Nintendo being fun again was nice while it lasted. Hope the sheep enjoy a ton of unoriginal FPSs, half-assed spin off titles and (spoilers!) the same amount of shovelware as Wii.

How does nintendo releasing their console next year as apposed to a few years later affect the quality of the games? The wii will have a six year run which is a long time compared to all their previous systems which was 5. What more are you expecting from the wii? We already got a good amount of nintendo games and third party support mostly sucked because of the systems power.

3ds FC : 3823 - 8527 - 1863
Pokemon White FC : 3739 - 8843 - 9193

skywake

komicturtle92 wrote:

The slot looks small- like Gamecube disc small.

or the system is Huge. IGN said, and you better trust their rumors more now, that it was big. Original Xbox 360 big.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.