Forums

Topic: wii successor: the rumor mill has exploded

Posts 161 to 180 of 272

jaffa

to be honest everybody's going overkill on all the rumors it's starting to piss me off :/

jaffa

Link79

Wasn't there something in the recent rumours that claimed the new system would look like a modernized Snes?
The Above picture doesn't look anything like a Snes. Somebody is full of it. We'll probably be laughing our butts off when we finally see the real system.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

SigourneyBeaver

JafriYakin wrote:

to be honest everybody's going overkill on all the rumors it's starting to piss me off :/

Don't you mean Wii you off? Or Stream you off?

Sigourney Beaver.

Highwinter

Link79 wrote:

We just got the 3DS and already you guys are wanting more? Take a chill pill people. It's not gonna be announced this year. Are you that eager to start all over with a new system? Just because the Wii's price is dropping doesn't mean it's dead already. Patience young grasshoppers.

Again.. I don't think you can simply brush off these as nothing but rumours, these are coming from numerous high up insiders. Even if the system isn't released this year, there's no doubt at all that it WILL be revealed this year. The Wii isn't necessarily dead but sales are now very poor and there are almost no games coming for it, which is always a telltale sign of a new system incoming, just look at the PSP.

As for the system being modeled on the SNES, bare in mind they were likely talking about the Japanese/European model.. and I definitely see influences in the designs.
Untitled

Highwinter

SigourneyBeaver

Can't tell if you're being serious or not. They're nothing alike.

Sigourney Beaver.

koryz12

But the specs it's rumored to have if they are true will fail to blow my 360 out of the water and will be made a wii in comparison to the xbox3/ps4.And if 3ds costed me £220 then the wii2 will cost more most likely. The machine is not cutting edge like the 360/ps3 and aged badly.The wii has became irrelevant to me and I do want Supermario galaxy 2 buts it's hard to justify paying £30 for it when it's a last gen game.I did buy 3ds even if it is a bit underpowered as I enjoy the 3ds experience as I like nintendo handheld exclusives like pokemon and others and I generally feel the system has pulled it's self to a new level and I like 3d.However I want my main home machine to have high specs like the 360 does and a great online experienc like xboxlive and I imagine wii2 online to be bad.Not a nintendo hater as I have wii and 3ds and bought 3ds and dsi at launch(had dsi and ds lite and gamecube) To be honest I might buy it depending on it's price as I'm a big gamer and specs on paper don't generally show the actual power of a system when games are programmed for it.I mean on paper the ps3 cell processor blows the xbox out the water but in games there roughly on par. I mean an example of the wii becoming irrelevant is conduit 2 vs halo reach which one is going to be a better game? reach no doubt I mean the wii version of blackops is the worst(probrably don't even get dlc)and the 360 version is the definitve one. The money is probrably best saved on the 360 successor or ps4 depending on what your a fan of not writing it off yet but I am not going to get excited as I will likely be dissapointed.

Edited on by koryz12

Checkout my gaming channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/koryz12
Nintendo direct wii u review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xawsdGO-Jao

skywake

SigourneyBeaver wrote:

Can't tell if you're being serious or not. They're nothing alike.

Untitled
I don't know... I see it. Besides, IGN said it's design was "likely to resemble a modernized version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System" not that it was EXACTLY looking like the SNES. I think that's a fairly accurate description of what's in this image so even if it is fake I think they're doing a pretty good job of it.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SigourneyBeaver

Fair enough. I suppose if you turn an EU SNES around and stand it on its end it looks reminiscent.

Sigourney Beaver.

Waxedfloss76

after bluray graphics, 1080p will come, 3d then redray (which is 4260p) maybe 5 to 10 yrs away then holograms, hopefully, technology always advances

Edited on by Waxedfloss76

Waxedfloss76

skywake

@SigourneyBeaver but as I said before, the most compelling evidence is the text IMO. That sounds very much like the sort of thing Nintendo would want a developer to hear. It fits well with what their strategy would be if they were wanting to get into the market early with this and it would explain how this stuff got out and why/how IGN is and other sites are getting the information they're getting at the same time and, for the most part, saying the same things. It all seems too.... well done, well thought through, highly co-incidental and well organised to be not true.

To do some speculation I'm going to say that I think we can expect a fairly decent launch lineup...... of 360/PS3 ports.

Edited on by skywake

skywake

bluok wrote:

after bluray graphics 1080p will come 3d then redray which is 4260p maybe 5 to 10 yrs away then holograms hopefully technology always advances

"bluray graphics" is a misnomer. The resolution and graphical power of a console has nothing to do with it's storage medium. The PS3 wouldn't have lower quality games, excluding some might've had to be on multiple disks, if it had chosen DVD as it's media. It would've been cheaper if they did so but their ultimate goal was winning the format war which they did.

Red-ray already exists it's called DVD and CD, both use Red lazers and the reason Blu-Ray uses blue lazers is because their wavelength is shorter than red and so you can read smaller grooves. If you are thinking about a future optical medium to be perfectly honest I can't think of any major format war on the horizon. Maybe holographic storage will finally get off the ground but I would guess that by then we will be moving stuffs over the internets and putting them on writable mass storage so easily and effortlessly that there won't be much of a need for it. Games? If they keep using media it'll probably be cartridges soon.

I haven't heard of 4260p I think you're thinking of either 4k which is 4x 1080p (i.e. 2160p) or UHD which is 4320p and a highly experimental broadcast resolution used in Japan. These resolutions, particularly UHD, are probably more than 5-10 years away for the mass market I would think.

If you want the future look at OLED lighting, transparent screens and really, really fast bandwidth internet. I wouldn't be holding my breath for a flying car and I wouldn't be expecting holograms anytime soon..... but my car might drive itself and I'll never have to get it booked in for a service and hey, HD video calls aren't THAT bad, why did I want holograms?

Edited on by skywake

kkslider5552000

koryz wrote:

But the specs it's rumored to have if they are true will fail to blow my 360 out of the water and will be made a wii in comparison to the xbox3/ps4.And if 3ds costed me £220 then the wii2 will cost more most likely. The machine is not cutting edge like the 360/ps3 and aged badly.The wii has became irrelevant to me and I do want Supermario galaxy 2 buts it's hard to justify paying £30 for it when it's a last gen game.I did buy 3ds even if it is a bit underpowered as I enjoy the 3ds experience as I like nintendo handheld exclusives like pokemon and others and I generally feel the system has pulled it's self to a new level and I like 3d.However I want my main home machine to have high specs like the 360 does and a great online experienc like xboxlive and I imagine wii2 online to be bad.Not a nintendo hater as I have wii and 3ds and bought 3ds and dsi at launch(had dsi and ds lite and gamecube) To be honest I might buy it depending on it's price as I'm a big gamer and specs on paper don't generally show the actual power of a system when games are programmed for it.I mean on paper the ps3 cell processor blows the xbox out the water but in games there roughly on par. I mean an example of the wii becoming irrelevant is conduit 2 vs halo reach which one is going to be a better game? reach no doubt I mean the wii version of blackops is the worst(probrably don't even get dlc)and the 360 version is the definitve one. The money is probrably best saved on the 360 successor or ps4 depending on what your a fan of not writing it off yet but I am not going to get excited as I will likely be dissapointed.

even cooler story bro!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

andyutd97

It MUST have a blu-ray player. Please let it have a Blu-Ray player and also I believe we need a better selection of colours you know a few blues, purples, blacks etc.

andyutd97

SigourneyBeaver

A more powerful, HD Wii can only mean more space marines

Sigourney Beaver.

kkslider5552000

wait, why are you still believing this? It's a bunch of details of stuff that would NEEEEEVVVVEEEER happen. That COULD never happen. Just because Duke Nukem Forever's being released soon doesn't mean the impossible will happen. AND IN OCTOBER. There's a better chance I will win the lottery 3 times and take over multiple nations using a wooden sword made from the wood of those trees from the LOTR while selling out a concert where I sing the meow mix song.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

komicturtle

SigourneyBeaver wrote:

A more powerful, HD Wii can only mean more space marines

You mean... 3rd Party developers kissing up and flooding the new console with generic First Person Shooters and Gory games that aren't fresh nor exciting?

That's one thing I'm worried about, at least. And there's no way in hell I'll be buying a FPS if it does not support the Wii Remote. I'm over dual-analog control for them shooters. I think it's time for the genre to evolve in terms of controls- at least, mainstream.

komicturtle

EvilRegal

kkslider5552000 wrote:

wait, why are you still believing this? It's a bunch of details of stuff that would NEEEEEVVVVEEEER happen. That COULD never happen. Just because Duke Nukem Forever's being released soon doesn't mean the impossible will happen. AND IN OCTOBER. There's a better chance I will win the lottery 3 times and take over multiple nations using a wooden sword made from the wood of those trees from the LOTR while selling out a concert where I sing the meow mix song.

In my mind's eye, the entire rumor of a new system anytime soon loses credibility when I read outlandish claims like it being released FOUR MONTHS after it's supposed world-debut at E3. The sheer volume of rumors makes me believe there's at least a grain of truth to it. Then, stuff like this October release nonsense make me doubt the rest. What next? 3DS' successor in time for Christmas? As someone who has followed Nintendo system releases for 20 years, I don't see it releasing until 2nd quarter 2012 AT EARLIEST, IF THERE EVEN IS A NEW SYSTEM!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

retired_account

I think they're saying the console is far enough in development for it to be able to be released that soon, but not in sufficient numbers. So that means the console is basically finished and waiting for production. If all this is true, then Nintendo will probably build up the hype this year and produce enough systems to satisfy the demand and release it sometime next year.

I just wish they'd fix their motion controls. After 3 years I still don't have a good tennis game, damn it. >:[

retired_account

kkslider5552000

pixelman wrote:

I just wish they'd fix their motion controls. After 3 years I still don't have a good tennis game, damn it. >:

A Virtua Tennis game was released on Wii so I'm dissappointed in Sega if you are right.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.