Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 926

Kingbuilder

Well said, Twario. Well said.

I also recommend anyone with a Wii to get Metroid Prime Trilogy. If you feel any regret with the purchase, you are a vapid, soulless, human being. That is all.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

hulklol123456789

I don't know, I enjoy alot Super Mario Sunshine, it is my favourite mario game of all time!!! With super Mario galaxy, it was good, but not as good as sunshine, yes I find it too linear But anyways, I have only played super mario galaxy, not super mario galaxy 2, so maybe super mario galaxy too is as good as sunshine

Edited on by hulklol123456789

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

CanisWolfred

hulklol123456789 wrote:

I don't know, I enjoy alot Super Mario Galaxy, it is my favourite mario game of all time!!! With super Mario galaxy, it was good, but not as good as sunshine, yes I find it too linear But anyways, I have only played super mario galaxy, not super mario galaxy 2, so maybe super mario galaxy too is as good as sunshine

wut?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kingbuilder

Mickeymac wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

I don't know, I enjoy alot Super Mario Galaxy, it is my favourite mario game of all time!!! With super Mario galaxy, it was good, but not as good as sunshine, yes I find it too linear But anyways, I have only played super mario galaxy, not super mario galaxy 2, so maybe super mario galaxy too is as good as sunshine

wut?

He has only played Galaxy, and not Galaxy 2. He liked Sunshine more because it was less linear than Galaxy. He also hopes that he will like Galaxy 2 as much as he did Sunshine. (Atleast, that's what I got out of it.) ;D

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Popyman

@CaptainDingo: What? No More Heroes is one of the most replayable series I've ever come across...they're the only games I've played 3+ times.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

feder

How is Harvest Moon: Animal Parade? I love HM64, but I was disappointed with Magical Melody because it was too easy and the NPC interaction was kind of lame. Does AP do anything to boost this, or should I just wait and hope a better HM arrives?

feder

GreenThunder

Ok guys some help here. I can't choose between DKCR or Sonic Colors. Platformers are my favorite genre and they both look promising. DKCR will no doubt be great, with it being a 1st party title and Retro making it. It also appears to be hard, which will make it more fun. Despite Sonic having a rough time lately, Colors seems amazing from what I heard and seen. I brought Sonic Unleashed last year and was disappointed somewhat. Do I give Sonic a chance to redeem himself or do I go with DKCR. Also to let you know I never play a DKC game before, because I never had a SNES or had a chance to play it

GreenThunder

lockelocke

I haven't played Colors, but I got to play a little DKCR at E3 and it was awesome. Retro is a great developer and I have full faith that the entire game will be just as fun as the short time I got to spend with it. I read a review in the latest Game Informer that called the game an amazing platformer and one of the very best games on the Wii. I'd go with DKCR.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I'm getting Punchout for Wii. Is it good?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Birdman

@Starfox - Rented it a couple of times. It's awesome if you like challenging games, just don't expect it to play like an actual boxing game. It's more of a rhythmic pattern recognization game than anything related to sports. Not that it's not good (I'm getting it if I can find it for cheap), but, just be aware of that.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Splat

StarFox wrote:

I'm getting Punchout for Wii. Is it good?

Good but short not much replay value but liked it the first time around, I really liked the look of the game got this cool cartoon thing going on.

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Tasuki

Mickeymac wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Megaman 9 & 10 on Wiiware are good platformers for the Wii

I kinda meant Wii disk games...

Oh sorry lol, I cant think of any at this time but its still early for me. Hopefully I can remember some more as the day goes on.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

HolyMackerel

Mickeymac wrote:

What are some good Non-Mario platformers for the Wii?

2D or 3D platformers?

2D... Muramasa: The Demon Blade, A Boy and His Blob and Wario Land: Shake It! - if you count that as non-Mario. Klonoa and Kirby's Epic Yarn are others I've heard suggested.

3D... de Blob. I don't have any other 3D platformers for the Wii, unfortunately. Epic Mickey?

HolyMackerel

GTWarrior77

Being new here I posted this outside of the wii recommendations thread and the thread got locked. Apologies to the forum administrator for any inconvenience. So, lets try agiain:

I'm purchasing DKCR soon and want buy a second game for the holiday period. Can't decide between Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Sonic Colours. I am a big fan of both franchises.
I will buy both eventually but don't like to buy too many games at the same time. I like to complete what I have before I move on to the next. Is there someone here who has both games? I just completed the first Super Mario Galaxy (I know, I'm a bit late to the party but rather late than never).

Edited on by GTWarrior77

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

CanisWolfred

GTWarrior wrote:

Being new here I posted this outside of the wii recommendations thread and the thread got locked. Apologies to the forum administrator for any inconvenience. So, lets try agiain:

I'm purchasing DKCR soon and want buy a second game for the holiday period. Can't decide between Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Sonic Colours. I am a big fan of both franchises.
I will buy both eventually but don't like to buy too many games at the same time. I like to complete what I have before I move on to the next. Is there someone here who has both games? I just completed the first Super Mario Galaxy (I know, I'm a bit late to the party but rather late than never).

If you loved the first Mario Galaxy, you;ll love the second even more. Otherwise, I say go with Sonic Colors. Mario will always be there. Good Sonic games come once in a blue moon.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

she_gamer

My recommendation would definitely go toward Super Mario Galaxy 2, if you're not too sick of gravity-defying mario...

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic