Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 161 to 180 of 960

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

161. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

@Kingbuilder, sorry dude, but I don't fin it great, it is for me... rather boring. So it doesn't have the action or exploration I like, whe Super Mario Galaxy come out, I was waiting for something as great as Super Mario Sunshine, but well, it was good, but not as good as I was expecting. Also sometime the gravity stuffs (in some parts) make the game pretty confusing, but well other part were very well made. So Super Mario Galaxy is good, very good, but it is not... great!

I know how you feel. Galaxy's just too straight-forward and doesn't have what made its predecessors so great. I missed exploring the Overworld like I did in Super Mario Sunshine, and I missed clearling any objective I saw fit, regardless of the one I was on. I miss the secrets. I missed the freedom. As good as Galaxy was, it was too restrictive to be great.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

162. Posted:

Monix2598 wrote:

I am having a tough time deciding to get either galaxy or mario kart wii ( i know i said i was going to get galaxy before but i ended up getting wario land shake it)

I'd go with Mario Galaxy because there's a good chance there will be better racing games out by Christmas.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

163. Posted:

CaptainDingo wrote:

lockelocke wrote:

@SkullMan
No More Heroes is kind of a polarizing game. I love it, but I know some people who are on the fence about it. It's a very weird game, that's for sure. Weird story presentation, colorful characters, bizarre moments, graphic violence. It almost has a David Lynch vibe at times, and other times it feels like Ninja Scrolls. If you happened to play Killer7 for the PS2/GCN and liked that game, chances are you'll like No More Heroes.

The first game features a kind of crappy GTA like overworld, but with a Japanese sandbox approach, so imagine Liberty City with almost nothing to interact with. They took out the overworld in the sequel in favor of a menu based system, which works better IMO, but both games are totally worth playing. They both have their faults, but their charm makes them hard to dislike.

Adding my two cents here, I can say that you have to be really open-minded about what games can be in order to enjoy No More Heroes. I always try to keep an open mind for new types of games, but I still feel like there's so little replay value in the two titles that after the ride is over, you don't ever want to take it again. It's not even like playing Metroid Prime, where you might come back to it a couple years later and get a hankering to play it (perhaps because No More Heroes is so "extreme" that it's burned in my mind and will never appear fresh to me again since I'll never really forget it). The day I beat No More Heroes was the last time I ever played it or wanted to, and in the back of my mind I know I'll never want to replay it. I feel like once I complete No More Heroes 2, I'll feel the same way. Which is why I've put off finishing it, to avoid getting that feeling about another game. I think I'm about halfway through though.

If you don't mind taking one good ride you'll probably not want to take again, it will be up your alley, but otherwise, it may not be.

The cool thing about NMH2 (not sure if they did this with the 1st game) was that you could playthrough again with all your weapons, clothing, and gym upgrades, like in RE4.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

kaw270

164. Posted:

I have a 50 dollar gift card and wondering whether to wait for Donkey Kong or get Kirby's epic yarn, I don't think dk wii receive a 10 like kirby, but then again I didn't think kirby wasn't even going to get a 10

My backloggery

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

165. Posted:

It's hard to say since DKCR isn't out yet. I think regardless of the reviews it gets Donkey Kong will probably have better local multi-player than Kirby's Epic Yarn. Reading the Donkey Kong Country Returns thread might help you make a decision.
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/donkey_kong_country_re...

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Robo-goose

166. Posted:

I recommend Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn to everyone, that is, only if they are good at tactical RPGs.

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

AuthorMessage

Timwario

167. Posted:

To the people asking about Super Mario Galaxy:
Wow, you still haven't got it yet? If you haven't, get it if you enjoyed the 2D Mario games. You're in for a real treat. The music, graphics, everything gave me goosebumps. The game is not nearly as bad as SMS fans are making it out to be. I liked Galaxy for the same exact reason a small amount of people hated it, it was linear. While yes, I enjoy exploration as much as the next guy, I usually don't like it when it's used in Mario games, that's what Zelda and Metroid are for. So please, if you were disappointed with Sunshine, get this game, get it now. I wouldn't want anybody to miss out on it, especially if they are the kind of person that will enjoy it and appreciate it for what it is.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

168. Posted:

Well said, Twario. Well said.

I also recommend anyone with a Wii to get Metroid Prime Trilogy. If you feel any regret with the purchase, you are a vapid, soulless, human being. That is all.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

169. Posted:

I don't know, I enjoy alot Super Mario Sunshine, it is my favourite mario game of all time!!! With super Mario galaxy, it was good, but not as good as sunshine, yes I find it too linear :D But anyways, I have only played super mario galaxy, not super mario galaxy 2, so maybe super mario galaxy too is as good as sunshine :)

Edited on by hulklol123456789

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

170. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

I don't know, I enjoy alot Super Mario Galaxy, it is my favourite mario game of all time!!! With super Mario galaxy, it was good, but not as good as sunshine, yes I find it too linear :D But anyways, I have only played super mario galaxy, not super mario galaxy 2, so maybe super mario galaxy too is as good as sunshine :)

wut?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

171. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

I don't know, I enjoy alot Super Mario Galaxy, it is my favourite mario game of all time!!! With super Mario galaxy, it was good, but not as good as sunshine, yes I find it too linear :D But anyways, I have only played super mario galaxy, not super mario galaxy 2, so maybe super mario galaxy too is as good as sunshine :)

wut?

He has only played Galaxy, and not Galaxy 2. He liked Sunshine more because it was less linear than Galaxy. He also hopes that he will like Galaxy 2 as much as he did Sunshine. (Atleast, that's what I got out of it.) ;D

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

Popyman

172. Posted:

@CaptainDingo: What? No More Heroes is one of the most replayable series I've ever come across...they're the only games I've played 3+ times.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

AuthorMessage

feder

173. Posted:

How is Harvest Moon: Animal Parade? I love HM64, but I was disappointed with Magical Melody because it was too easy and the NPC interaction was kind of lame. Does AP do anything to boost this, or should I just wait and hope a better HM arrives?

feder

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

174. Posted:

I forgot about this thread.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GreenThunder

175. Posted:

Ok guys some help here. I can't choose between DKCR or Sonic Colors. Platformers are my favorite genre and they both look promising. DKCR will no doubt be great, with it being a 1st party title and Retro making it. It also appears to be hard, which will make it more fun. Despite Sonic having a rough time lately, Colors seems amazing from what I heard and seen. I brought Sonic Unleashed last year and was disappointed somewhat. Do I give Sonic a chance to redeem himself or do I go with DKCR. Also to let you know I never play a DKC game before, because I never had a SNES or had a chance to play it

GreenThunder

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

176. Posted:

I haven't played Colors, but I got to play a little DKCR at E3 and it was awesome. Retro is a great developer and I have full faith that the entire game will be just as fun as the short time I got to spend with it. I read a review in the latest Game Informer that called the game an amazing platformer and one of the very best games on the Wii. I'd go with DKCR.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

177. Posted:

I'm getting Punchout for Wii. Is it good?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

Birdman

178. Posted:

@Starfox - Rented it a couple of times. It's awesome if you like challenging games, just don't expect it to play like an actual boxing game. It's more of a rhythmic pattern recognization game than anything related to sports. Not that it's not good (I'm getting it if I can find it for cheap), but, just be aware of that.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Splat

179. Posted:

StarFox wrote:

I'm getting Punchout for Wii. Is it good?

Good but short not much replay value but liked it the first time around, I really liked the look of the game got this cool cartoon thing going on.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

180. Posted:

What are some good Non-Mario platformers for the Wii?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~