Wii Forum

Topic: MadWorld $29.99!

Showing 1 to 20 of 28

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WolfRamHeart

1. Posted:

Thats right! For a limited time, GameStop is selling MadWorld for only $29.99! If you don't have this great game yet go out and get it today! This sale ends on May 21st, so don't miss it!:)

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage
Avatar

koopa85

2. Posted:

I would, but I don't buy games from a store that opens up new games. It's $30, because the game is now effectively used!

koopa85

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

3. Posted:

Really? I think maybe it's time for me to pick this one up then.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pegasus

4. Posted:

Eh? No, thanks. I doubt I'd even be interested at the low going price of ten. I'm just not that into beat-'em-ups.

Couldn't this have been in the bargain thread? =P

Edited on by Pegasus

Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)
PSN: MisterMumbles82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

5. Posted:

Yeah, I did a price change on this yesterday and was quite surprised to see the drop. I expect it has to do with the title's low sales.

@koopa85: I understand your point, and I also wish Gamestop didn't have to go around gutting everything. It's a waste of store space and employee work. I know of no other game store that pulls that garbage (except for used games, which makes a lot more sense since they ARE used). Still, it's a necessary evil at Gamestop, and I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to put up with it for a $20 off sale.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

6. Posted:

I don't understand. Game Stop opens all games before putting them on shelves? What for?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

7. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

I don't understand. Game Stop opens all games before putting them on shelves? What for?

My guess is so a kid can't grab a game and run off. (He'll just get an empty box.) In other stores, like WalMart or something, they keep all the games behind glass. In Gamestop, I guess, they want you to be able to pick up the games, browse, read the blurbs, etc.

Which is a good impulse, but there HAS to be a better safeguard against theft than opening up every effing package.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will plunk $50 on a new game, but have that financial blow somewhat softened by the satisfaction of opening up the plastic for the first time, and breathing in that new-game smell...

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

8. Posted:

Adam,Gamestop opens the new games and allow employees to play the new games! When the employee is through playing the new game,they will put the game back in the case and still sell it as a new game! Gamestop is a corrupt business. I hate Gamestop because every time I go in their stores,the manager and employees are arrogant and very rude!
But,I will consider buying MadWorld since the price has lowered.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

9. Posted:

another victory for capitalism!

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

10. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Adam,Gamestop opens the new games and allow employees to play the new games! When the employee is through playing the new game,they will put the game back in the case and still sell it as a new game!

I can say two things in response:
1) Wow, I didn't know that.
and
2) It doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Objection

11. Posted:

Those GS rascals! Drat their shenanigans and tomfoolery!! (Hunorous alternative to strong language.) Anyway, I wasn't going to pick this up for a while due to its short-ish length but now I am strongly considering getting it between now and the end of the sale.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

12. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Adam,Gamestop opens the new games and allow employees to play the new games! When the employee is through playing the new game,they will put the game back in the case and still sell it as a new game!

Sigh... You are correct. It's called the "employee product familiarly program" or something like that, though it usually goes by "checkout system" around the store. I personally don't check out new games very often because I consider it a disservice to customers, but most employees don't really care. When I do check out a new game, I almost always buy it (if it's a REAL piece of crap, I hold little sympathy for the person who buys it because they'll be too busy dealing with the fact that they bought a crappy game to care if it'd been played before).

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Gamestop is a corrupt business. I hate Gamestop because every time I go in their stores,the manager and employees are arrogant and very rude!

This is a common problem, I admit. However, I guarantee you wouldn't be treated that way by me or most (if any) of the other employees at the store in which I work. We're a good group who actually believe in gasp REAL customer service! Just yesterday I had a customer who told me how rude the guy at the Gamestop down the hall (big mall usually equals two stores, before anybody asks) had been to him, and he was quite vocal about the fact that because of how I and my manager treated him, he'll be shopping with us instead of them from now on!

Anyway, I sympathize with your concerns about the company, and moreover I agree with them for the most part. I think that fact alone endears me to many customers (they complain about prices, trade-in values, whatever...I agree with them instead of being a jerk like Ryan down the hall, and they're relatively happy shoppers!).

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sirgrim

13. Posted:

I spotted this yesterday while picking up a new game and an old gba game. Definately a good deal. They also had The Monkey King for 4.99. Worth checking out at that price, it's an interesting shooter. Not very long, but the gameplay is pretty fun and art is cool. It's also two-player co-op.

My mom and pop shop keeps all their games in display cases, but the cases are wrapped around the store as the main selling counter, they keep all the sealed games also hanging on the wall behind the counter. You just ask to look at the game, and they hand it to you. They're usually not overly busy, so nobody is going to walk away with the game. This is the best way to give customers that touchy-feely experience and reduce loss. I have got them to start ordering most Atlus titles for me, but they usually don't have it on release day so I wait a little while. They still carry used NES games. I only go to GameStop on their 50% off gamer-days sales and if they have a rare item in stock that I'm looking for.

sirgrim

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gameking23

14. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

We're a good group who actually believe in gasp REAL customer service! Just yesterday I had a customer who told me how rude the guy at the Gamestop down the hall (big mall usually equals two stores, before anybody asks) had been to him, and he was quite vocal about the fact that because of how I and my manager treated him, he'll be shopping with us instead of them from now on!

Wow your Gamestop sounds alot like the one I go to. At least now I know there are at least two good GameStops.

I rule when it comes to games. So deal with it.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

metakirbyknight

15. Posted:

My GS is really good, the managers and employees are really nice and helpful. Also, If you don't like the gutting policy, which I don't, only buy USED games from them, which is what I do.

Stalk me on my Twitter.
Proud Homebrewer.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gameking23

16. Posted:

metakirbyknight wrote:

My GS is really good, the managers and employees are really nice and helpful. Also, If you don't like the gutting policy, which I don't, only buy USED games from them, which is what I do.

Make that 3 GS unless yours is mine then the number is back to 2. Well anyway I only buy used mostely now a days one reason is it's cheaper, two theres not that many new games that I want, and three I missed out on alot of good games last gen so now it's catch up time.

I rule when it comes to games. So deal with it.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

0-Watt

17. Posted:

I am unfortunately opting to buy Klonoa over this. I'm still interested in getting it at some time, though!

Producer of Third Rate Minion
http://www.thirdrateminion.com/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThirdRateMinion
Twitter: http://twitter.com/0_Watt or http://twitter.com/thirdrateminion

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gameking23

18. Posted:

0-Watt wrote:

I am unfortunately opting to buy Klonoa over this. I'm still interested in getting it at some time, though!

Same here except I never planned on getting this game in the first place. It's just not my type of game.

I rule when it comes to games. So deal with it.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Toddr

19. Posted:

My Gamestop/ EB games as it's called in Canada, keeps a game case of every game on the shelves, but they keep the sealed ones that they sell to you in their back room. Also, I've never really had any problems with the employees there. They're not the nicest people, but they've never pressured me into buying anything before.

Wii friend code: 4851 0320 2775 0243 MarioKart Wii: 3008 3258 4955 Super Smash Bros Brawl: 3180 1076 7318

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WolfRamHeart

20. Posted:

For those of you that are thinking of getting Klonoa, I say get it! I may be the person who started this thread but I'll admit that I would definitely choose Klonoa over MadWorld in a heartbeat! I think both are great games but it all depends on what type of game you like.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart