Forums

Topic: You owe yourself a Wii U

Posts 141 to 160 of 236

SCRAPPER392

It's not that hard to understand what the GamePad is. The E3 conferences, prior to launch, made it pretty clear about what it is.

In the very least, perhaps someone would be able to think of their own way it could be implemented? Even if the GamePad isn't being used as effectively as you think it should, then that would mean you have a better idea of how it should be used. I would hope so, at least, given the complaints...

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LzWinky

2Sang wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I dunno about hours on end. It didn't take me nearly that long to develop an opinion about the Gamepad

Then what you're saying is my opinion is valid because you only need a few hours worth of playing to develop an opinion for it.

It depends really on your definition of "opinion". The first 15 minutes are good for first impressions and the hours that follow can potentially change your opinion.

For example, I played Golden Sun and hated it at first...but after the second try it became my favorite GBA game.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

@unca_lz Ok that's a fair point. There should still be a pick up and play kinda game though. I think that's what nintendoland aspired to be, but it just doesn't compare to other packin games like super Mario world, Mario bros, wii sports, among others.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

LzWinky

I kinda wish they released a Warioware for Wii U. That would definitely show off Gamepad capabilities

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

Unca_Lz wrote:

I kinda wish they released a Warioware for Wii U. That would definitely show off Gamepad capabilities

Well, Game & Wario is still technically part of the series. It just wasn't what people wanted it to be, I guess.

Qwest

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Well, Game & Wario is still technically part of the series. It just wasn't what people wanted it to be, I guess.

Game and Wario is not even a fraction as good as Warioware don't insult the series by including it as cannon.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

2Sang

I warioware game in the same style as touched would be perfect. There could be a stage for buttons, touching, sliding, moving and locating, etc.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Game and Wario is not even a fraction as good as Warioware don't insult the series by including it as cannon.

I didn't say it was as good. A better way to word it, is a spin-off. No one knows if they'll make another one, though.

It still has the same style and characters. WTF do they expect me to think? Oh, it's not even a Wario game. Even freaking Wario Ware isn't canon, because Wario originates as Mario's cousin or some crap. Who cares?

Qwest

Maelstrom

I have a Wii U. I like it best and wouldn't ever trade it for a PS4 or XBone. Why? Games. Not graphics. Games. I don't like FPSs or gore-filled zombie stories. I don't care about sales or what other people think, as long as I get fun games that I like, I will stick with nintendo. So far, the only game that I would really want for either of the other systems is Kingdom Hearts 3. That won't come for a while. So I'll keep playing mario, Donkey kong, Zelda, Rayman, Metroid, and X. And, as a side note, games don't need swearing or gore to be considered mature, good, or "not kiddy." It is the tone of the game that decides a lot of this.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

rockodoodle

Who said it was one of its best games? just that it's a game that uses the gamepad......

I don't have it, so it's not really one of my top games. But even if it were, that might not be such a bad thing. A good game is a good game. I'd imagine that most who rate this game in their library would have it in their top ten, with a few in their top five. I'd also imagine that many wouldn't even have it in their top ten, so to say that it's a consensus top game might be a little presumptuous.

2Sang wrote:

jariw wrote:

rockodoodle wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@2Sang How do you define groundbreaking? To me, that means a new mechanic that that's vital to the way the game is played. I'd argue ZombiU, Nintendoland (regretably), and Game & Wario are pretty good examples right there of "groundbreaking" Touchpad features. Which is pretty good, considering as far as I could tell, there weren't more than 5 or 6 Wii games with "groundbreaking" motion controls in its entire lifetime.

rayman makes excellent use of the gamepad. I think it's pretty cool for Madden and Tekken too. And it's alright for Wii Party U. But yeah, for the most part it's under used.

We should have a sticky thread listing "all Wii U games with great GamePad gameplay". Add Lego City: Undercover, Pikmin 3, Stick it to the Man, Wonderful 101, Deus Ex, Wind Waker HD, Wii U Sports Golf to the list. And very soon most probably Scram Kitty.

Lego city undercover....no....just....no
You know the Wii U is in a drought when Lego City undercover is still considered one of the best games for the system. I'm not saying it's awful, but it's definitely no Zelda.

rockodoodle

shingi_70

I find it interesting that you guys keep saying he same points that the PS4/Xbox one are nothing but gore frsts when that's not even close to be true.

Seems like you guys are so insecure about your purchases, that all er get is strong man arguments about why the Wii U is some how better.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

shingi_70 wrote:

I find it interesting that you guys keep saying he same points that the PS4/Xbox one are nothing but gore frsts when that's not even close to be true.

Seems like you guys are so insecure about your purchases, that all er get is strong man arguments about why the Wii U is some how better.

Well, everyone has their personal preferences. I, for one, like Nintendo's games, so a Wii U was a no-brainer for me

CanisWolfred

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Look, if you're going to be silly about this, then I'm done.

No. You aren't qualified to talk about something if you aren't properly familiar with it. The internet and every other person in the world will verbally crucify you for doing so. If I talk about how Titanfall is just another first person shooter because of a first impression, everyone will attack me for not knowing the ins and outs of the game.

But you're just going to say, "Well, you wouldn't know unless you've played a million first person shooters or spent the entire generation playing Titanfall," so I'm done.

I;m sorry, but I really find your point offensive, and yes, your definition of "properly familiar" is stupid. Why should I have to watch a movie more than once when you only need to watch it once to get most of the important things? It really depends on what you're talking about, but a lot of the time, you don't need to know the little details. They're not important, at least not in the grand scheme of things. So why am I not qualified to talk about something if I haven't spent X number of hours with something? Why the need for such arbitrary qualifications? This is the internet, not a job interview (and even then, that's questionable).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Unca_Lz wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Well, everyone has their personal preferences. I, for one, like Nintendo's games, so a Wii U was a no-brainer for me

I'm not arguing that, but people seem to crap on the other systems and chalk the games to being of one type, ironically doing what they complain people to Nintendo.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

eaglebob345

@Maelstrom You sound just like me!! The only reason I would get a PS4 is for KH3. Everything else I want is on the Wii U/3DS.

Some people think their maturity comes from what's on the label, and that's just sad. I think it's about as sad as people being excited for another CoD. XD

eaglebob345

dumedum

shingi_70 wrote:

I don't know, man, I think the insecure people are those Sony/MS fanboys who always come to Nintendo Life to explain to Wii U lovers why they chose the wrong console and that they should definitely stop playing the games they like.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

eaglebob345

@shingi_70 I think that there are a lot of factors that go into people acting that way on all fronts. Usually it's because people try to belittle Nintendo games only because they are the only console maker that is a video game only company, and they want Nintendo to go the way of Sega. Another reason is that some people keep saying Nintendo milks their franchises, when they mainly buy AC (yearly), CoD (yearly), Sports games (yearly).

EDIT: I can't speak for Xbox owners or PS3/4 owners because I don't have them, but these are things that i have observed on the internet, mainly from rogue PSXB fans on Nintendo fan sites.

Edited on by eaglebob345

eaglebob345

LzWinky

shingi_70 wrote:

I'm not arguing that, but people seem to crap on the other systems and chalk the games to being of one type, ironically doing what they complain people to Nintendo.

To be fair, this is actually a problem with the industry itself. More and more games are becoming too similar to one another.

shingi_70

dumedum wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I don't know, man, I think the insecure people are those Sony/MS fanboys who always come to Nintendo Life to explain to Wii U lovers why they chose the wrong console and that they should definitely stop playing the games they like.

I see people who are critical of Nintendo, but with the expection of one or two guys I don't see it. I see much more astrotirfong like the OP is doing.

WAT!

LzWinky

I've seen ignorant arguments from both sides Shingi. I wouldn't put one side above the other

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.