Forums

Topic: You owe yourself a Wii U

Posts 161 to 180 of 236

kyuubikid213

CanisWolfred wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Look, if you're going to be silly about this, then I'm done.

No. You aren't qualified to talk about something if you aren't properly familiar with it. The internet and every other person in the world will verbally crucify you for doing so. If I talk about how Titanfall is just another first person shooter because of a first impression, everyone will attack me for not knowing the ins and outs of the game.

But you're just going to say, "Well, you wouldn't know unless you've played a million first person shooters or spent the entire generation playing Titanfall," so I'm done.

I'm sorry, but I really find your point offensive, and yes, your definition of "properly familiar" is stupid. Why should I have to watch a movie more than once when you only need to watch it once to get most of the important things? It really depends on what you're talking about, but a lot of the time, you don't need to know the little details. They're not important, at least not in the grand scheme of things. So why am I not qualified to talk about something if I haven't spent X number of hours with something? Why the need for such arbitrary qualifications? This is the internet, not a job interview (and even then, that's questionable).

What's offensive about my point? If you don't spend any time with what you're dealing with (or a short amount of time), then what's the point in making a half-baked argument? If you're going to argue about why a certain movie is "good" or "bad", watching it multiple times will give you what you need to properly support your argument. Otherwise, you're making stuff up or talking out of your ****.

But what you're saying is it's okay for someone to watch the trailer to a movie and say the movie is terrible outright and argue to the death that it's a bad movie. That it's fine to watch a film once and argue exactly why it's a great movie. That it's acceptable to play an Xbox One at a demo station for ten minutes and decide the One has nothing going for it.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Ryno

(Obligatory popcorn eating gif)
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
Well, people were b***ing about Mario, so that's when AC, CoD, etc. started getting brought up into the same category of "milked" franchises. No one even cared, otherwise.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CanisWolfred

kyuubikid213 wrote:

That it's fine to watch a film once and argue exactly why it's a great movie.

Why is that not fine????????????????????????????????????????

Seriously, why? It boggles the mind. I almost never watch movies more than once. There's no point. I remember most of the stuff anyways. I argue movies with my friends all the time, and most of them don't rewatch movies unless its their favorites. Are you really saying that we're talking out of our @$$es? Get a life, man.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Reala

Well I can watch a trailer of a movie, if I see Rob Schneider is in it that confirms it as terrible to me, I don't have to sit through the Spice Girls movie multiple times to know I wont like it, clips are enough to convince me I'd hate sitting through that

But anyway if anyone out there feels they owe me a console don't bother with the wii u, I'd love a TG16 though

Reala

CaviarMeths

CanisWolfred wrote:

Why should I have to watch a movie more than once when you only need to watch it once to get most of the important things? It really depends on what you're talking about, but a lot of the time, you don't need to know the little details. They're not important, at least not in the grand scheme of things.

Unless, you know, one takes an interest in such things. You don't need to watch a movie several times to understand it, but you're on like being a fan of films and watching them more than once is some ridiculous thing.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jaz007

@kyuubikid213 If someone thinks a movie is good, do they need to be a to write a college essay on it? Most of the time I watch a movie a second time, my opinion about it doesn't change that much. A movie can be good with flaws too. If you watched a movie once, an enjoyed it. That generally means it's good, as it did its job.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Why should I have to watch a movie more than once when you only need to watch it once to get most of the important things? It really depends on what you're talking about, but a lot of the time, you don't need to know the little details. They're not important, at least not in the grand scheme of things.

Unless, you know, one takes an interest in such things. You don't need to watch a movie several times to understand it, but you're on like being a fan of films and watching them more than once is some ridiculous thing.

It's rediuculous to require being a huge fan and watching something over and over again in order to even say whether or not you liked it. Like Jaz said, you don't need to right a college essay just to say whether or not you liked a movie.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

you don't need to right a college essay just to say whether or not you liked a movie.

Tell that to Harvard.

Qwest

Reala

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

you don't need to right a college essay just to say whether or not you liked a movie.

Tell that to Harvard.

What happens if you tell them?

Reala

SCRAPPER392

Reala wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Tell that to Harvard.

What happens if you tell them?

They get REALLY mad

Qwest

LzWinky

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

Are you asking for trouble? No popcorn allowed! >:[

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ryno

Unca_Lz wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

Are you asking for trouble? No popcorn allowed! >:[

What about cheap red wine???

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

cheetahman91

If you don't care for Nintendo games then it's not a particulary ideal choice.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

LzWinky

If anything, I find the Xbox line the most pointless out of all of them. They just never appealed to me, and any good game I might be interested in is also on Playstation

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ryno

I dunno which other console I would choose if I were to get something other than a Wii U. I would be interested in Killer Instinct and yes Halo for the Xbox but I had a PS3 and enjoyed some of the Sony exclusives like Uncharted and Infamous.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

cheetahman91

I'd get a PS4 personally. The Xbox One's library is probably going to consist of an awful lot of Western oriented games that I have zero interest in, and like lz said, any games that I would be interested in like the new Batman game will be on the PS4. Then there's the indie support as well.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

kyuubikid213

CanisWolfred wrote:

It's rediuculous to require being a huge fan and watching something over and over again in order to even say whether or not you liked it. Like Jaz said, you don't need to right a college essay just to say whether or not you liked a movie.

If you're a huge fan, why wouldn't you have watched it over and over again? And sure, you don't need to write an essay to say whether or not you liked a movie, but you basically need to be able to so you can argue your opinion over it. If someone else wants to know why you like Movie X and all you can say is "I liked it" or "Well, the plot was good", that's not enough to really and properly argue your point.

Back to what started all of this, 2Sang doesn't own a Wii U and has only had short bursts on demo stations. His opinion on the Wii U and/or the GamePad, positive or negative, won't have as much impact in an argument as someone who owns a Wii U and a variety of games that show off both the system and the GamePad usage.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

mipaol

If not the Wii U than I'd probably drop some money into my old gaming puter and buy games off Steam, their isn't much on either the Playstation 4.0 or the Xbox Three that I care about that isn't on PC with better graphics and features as well.

Edited on by mipaol

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.