Forums

Topic: You owe yourself a Wii U

Posts 221 to 236 of 236

kyuubikid213

Lego City Undercover is the equivalent of a third grade art project.

You heard it here, folks! From the guy who doesn't own the game and hasn't played it either.

Also, when has anyone here put ZombiU up there with Ocarina of Time? It's a solid game with great atmosphere. Usually, I see it mentioned here as a good example of Wii U GamePad implementation.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

2Sang

kyuubikid213 wrote:

You heard it here, folks! From the guy who doesn't own the game and hasn't played it either.

Also, when has anyone here put ZombiU up there with Ocarina of Time? It's a solid game with great atmosphere. Usually, I see it mentioned here as a good example of Wii U GamePad implementation.

I thought you conceded to my superior knowledge.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

eaglebob345

2Sang wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@2Sang I thought that was sarcasm. Although, he may have just meant it for just the brand loyalty topic.

All I can say is to give the Wii U more of a chance, and don't hold the gamepad against it. Not every game will use it because not every game has to use it. Besides, no one will be completely happy either way. People will either hate the Wii U because it does not use the gamepad a lot or because it uses the gamepad too much.

eaglebob345

shaneoh

@mipaol
Awesome pic, 16foot and weighing a ton, 1/10 of those bricks would have kept me happy as a child

2Sang wrote:

Of course it's subjective (unless I say so because I'm objectively objective haha) because gaming is an art, but I just don't see how anyone could choose undercover. I mean, that's like saying a 3rd grade art project is better than the mona lisa when you compare undercover to games like a link between worlds and awakening. I can't prove it with evidence because to some extent, it's objective.

IF LC:U is the work of a third year student, then that piece of work trumps the works of 99% of all artists to date.

2Sang wrote:

@mipaol Undercover isn't your goty though is it really? Even if you hate anything but nintendo, there's so many nintendo games that are so much better like pikmin 3, mario 3d world, a link between worlds, pokemon x/y, awakening, ACNL, a ton of really good eshop games, and super luigi u.

Seriously? You talk about LC:U being a "3rd grade art project" then you bring out Animal Crossing. My life simulator experience is limited to AC and the Sims, and frankly the Sims wins hands down in regards to entertainment. I'm not saying NL is terrible, but I completed (in my eyes) CF, and after a few months, constant playing of NL, I couldn't stand to devote that much time into it with the amount of enjoyment I was getting back from the series.

2Sang wrote:

I can say that undercover hasn't sold well, or that awakening or sm3dw had near perfect ratings, but that isn't enough evidence, so I can only point to the sky and say it's blue. I can't make someone change their mind if they think it's green.

Number of sales =/= quality
Opinions of one =/= opinions of all
I'm not saying that any of the games that were nominated for GOTY last year were bad games, I'm saying that, from my experience, LC:U was the most enjoyable of all the 2013 games

Try telling people that have monochromacy that the sky is blue, in their world you couldn't be more wrong. The sky might even be a different colour if we had evolved with additional cones in our eyes.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Joeynator3000

lol....this thread is still going on? xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

2Sang

eaglebob345 wrote:

2Sang wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@2Sang I thought that was sarcasm. Although, he may have just meant it for just the brand loyalty topic.

All I can say is to give the Wii U more of a chance, and don't hold the gamepad against it. Not every game will use it because not every game has to use it. Besides, no one will be completely happy either way. People will either hate the Wii U because it does not use the gamepad a lot or because it uses the gamepad too much.

Dude, I don't hate the gamepad. I think it hasn't been utilized properly. If they make a slightly longer battery life (for parties or tournaments specifically because 3-5 hours is usually enough for a single player but not an all-nighter), the frame rate when 2 are being used needs to be improved, it needs to be lighter, and needs to be made cheaper. All of these things probably won't happen, but they need to improve it in at least 2 of 3 ways; cheaper, higher quality, and have a revolutionary or groundbreaking game with it that people can pick up and play.

I will say it's too late for it to win this gen, but hopefully nintendo can at least break even with it. I just hope they learned their lesson and don't ever rely on a single console's success. I REALLY hope they don't make the same mistake on relying on the 3ds and have a failure for the next portable in the same way they did the wii u.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

2Sang

@shaneoh Oh I never doubted the color of the sky in your world wasn't blue.

2Sang

shaneoh wrote:

It's blue, there is nothing wrong with my eyesight

Nothing wrong with your eyesight I guess, just your taste in games.

2Sang

@shaneoh you've been licking too many flagpoles

shaneoh

Hah, I can lick as many as I like, it doesn't snow where I live so I'm not having my tastebuds frozen off

Your attitude reminds me of a child not eating a food they haven't tasted

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Action51

FIrst off: Lego City Undercover is a great game. It's funny, got lots of content and puzzles, it's got solid gameplay and nice level design. Probbaly the best Lego game to date, though I hear Lego Marvel Superheroes is quite good too.

Now my GOTY for 2013 is Fire Emblem Awakening. I assure you I have a computer as capable as a PS4/Xb1 and a Steam account so it's not like I'm gaming exclusively on Nintendo consoles. I haven't played TLOU or GTAV. While I'm sure they are good games, I wasn't excited to try them, so I guess it's different tastes for different people.

Action51

LzWinky

I'd suggest focusing on the topic rather than on each other

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pagey

I own all the 8th generation consoles and my Wii U gets used the least, by far. There are some good games on the system (I can't wait for MK8) but I prefer the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One over my Wii U and I'm more excited for the titles coming out for those titles than I am the majority of Wii U titles.

As someone who just loves video games I think a Wii U is worth it because there are some great experiences on the console. But if you can't afford them all it would be wise to research the library of the consoles as well as the upcoming titles and base your decision off that. There is no point in being a fanboy of any system.

PSN: James_Page | NN: 1stGenCummins | XBL: Mopar Parker | Steam: Fred Fuchs

unrandomsam

shaneoh wrote:

It's blue, there is nothing wrong with my eyesight

It is not blue it just appears to be.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.