Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 621 to 640 of 732

kkslider5552000

rjejr wrote:

Much harder than Epic Yarn.

...er...I think this goes without saying? I mean, I don't know how it could be easier.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jariw

rjejr wrote:

but this was a 1st party game

AFAIK, Good-Feel is a 2nd party developer.

jariw

Octane

jariw wrote:

rjejr wrote:

but this was a 1st party game

AFAIK, Good-Feel is a 2nd party developer.

Nintendo published the game and thus it's a first party game. ''2nd party'' is a fan-made term that doesn't really have a solid definition, but every game is either first or third party.

Octane

jariw

Octane wrote:

Nintendo published the game and thus it's a first party game. ''2nd party'' is a fan-made term that doesn't really have a solid definition, but every game is either first or third party.

Your definition of the word would mean that a game like Hyrule Warriors is both 1st party and 3rd party, depending on region.

jariw

Octane

jariw wrote:

Octane wrote:

Your definition of the word would mean that a game like Hyrule Warriors is both 1st party and 3rd party, depending on region.

Hyrule Warriors was a collaboration, I'm not sure what Tecmo Koei and Nintendo have agreed upon in terms of publishing rights, so I can't be for sure, but I think Morpheel has a good point. First party game developed by a third party developer. There are some games that are difficult to place, but in most cases it's pretty clear. In the case of Yoshi's Woolly World I'm pretty sure it's a first party game.

Octane

MrMeowPuss

I just got this game today and I'm really loving it.

I love all the sounds Yoshi makes as you flutter along and shoot yarn at enemies! I only had time to play one level but I really enjoyed it and can't wait to play again tomorrow

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

Rumorlife

Octane wrote:

@Emaan: The aesthetic theme is the only thing the games have in common. It plays more like a traditional Yoshi game. But if you really liked Epic Yarn, Woolly World is definitely a safe choice to get.

Ugh that's what I was afraid of. I really wanted to enjoy this because of the Kirby Yarn game but Yoshi games are always such a bore for me, even the ones people tell me are ones I should get. Yoshi's Island SNES, GBA, 3DS, whatever = Zzzz....

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Eel

Well, I personally didn't find the first YI or the one for DS to be very enjoyable. But I really liked this one.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Rumorlife

I think the series has burnt me too many times. I only got interested in this because of the special Amiibo and the fact that it shared the theme with the Wii Kirby game. I'm not sure what I expected really. False hope and it was my bad.

Rumorlife

Octane

@Dankykong: Have you already played the game? I don't think the game's boring, it's definitely more difficult than Epic Yarn. It's also made by the same team that made Epic Yarn, and not Nintendo themselves. It's definitely a good platformer, not as good as Tropical Freeze in my opinion, but from what I've heard, probably the best Yoshi platformer.

Octane

bluemage1989

This is a really solid platformer with plenty of great moments there is better on WiiU but the WiiU with its mix of old and new platformers has been a dream for me.

bluemage1989

Ralizah

Not a huge fan of Yoshi games, but I love this. The aesthetic is GORGEOUS, the performance is solid, the level design is creative, and it's actually more challenging than I expected. I was afraid this would be Kirby's Epic Yarn: Yoshi Edition, but it's so much better than that game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Rexcalibr

I am OCD about getting all the flowers and yarn collectibles in each level but I don't want to replay a level multiple times to collect everything. Didn't someone say you can get a power up to buy with the gems that tells you where the stuff is? I am playing this at a slow pace so I'm only on World 2 now.

Rexcalibr

jariw

Rexcalibr wrote:

I am OCD about getting all the flowers and yarn collectibles in each level but I don't want to replay a level multiple times to collect everything. Didn't someone say you can get a power up to buy with the gems that tells you where the stuff is? I am playing this at a slow pace so I'm only on World 2 now.

You get that ability after Level 3-4.

jariw

Mineral

Finally got my copy recently and I'm loving this game. The music is sooo good and the game looks pretty good too.
I got everything in world 1 and I'm about halfway to getting everything in world 2.

How difficult is it to get everything in every world ? (all hearts, stamps, flowers and wool)
It wasn't too hard until now, expect maybe that special world on W-1.

Edited on by Mineral

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

jariw

Mineral wrote:

How difficult is it to get everything in every world ? (all hearts, stamps, flowers and wool)

Pretty difficult actually. Specially hearts and stamps on the later levels. Flowers should be top priority, since they unlock the 7 S levels (which are amazing!).

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Eel

The S levels ramp the difficulty quite a bit . I had to play the first one many many times to get all the things.

Carrying the Amiibo partner (or using it to carry your yoshi) with full health as a yarn ball helps with the hearts... As long as you don't end up throwing it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Don

OneBagTravel wrote:

Love playing this game on my SNES Wii controller. Everyone should get one if they haven't already. Best Nintendo peripheral

What SNES Wii controller?

Don

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic