Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 601 to 620 of 732

Anthracks

My favorite Yoshi game since the original Yoshi's Island, and so far my game of the year. Absolutely stellar game, brimming with creativity with each and every stage.

Anthracks

Rexcalibr

OMG, go into the Yoshi hut where you can listen to music tracks and view enemies you encountered, and view the Shy Guy. He starts skipping around. It's one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

I feel bad for hurting them now.

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

This is probably the most cozy, relaxing music I've heard in a game.

I am staying home sick from work today and snuggled into bed but I might muster the strength to play some Yoshi.

Rexcalibr

dkxcalibur

We picked this up the day it came out but we've been preoccupied with Maker & Splatoon, and 3DS demos. We have only completed the first 3-4 levels. I'll be honest, I have never really been a fan of Yoshi games in the past, and we only bought the game because it came with the yarn yoshi amiibo and because we haven't bought a Wii U game in a while; so I had low expectations. We have been pleasantly surprised by how much we like this game though.

My only question is regards to the amiibo. For some reason, our pokemon amiibo do not change Yoshi other then give him a shirt that says amiibo. Is this the same for everyone?

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur

@NintyMan: Thanks, at least I know that my Amiibos are not broken. It is very bizare that every amiibo that I own is supported, even the non-Nintendo ones (Pac-man, Megaman, & Sonic) but Pikachu & friends are not.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

jariw

@dkxcalibur: According to a GAF user, one of alternate costumes for one of the S-level yoshis (the N64 Yoshi) is a Pikachu yoshi costume (you need a yarn Yoshi to access the alternate costumes). That costume must be specific to the NoA version however, since my NoE version of Yoshi's Woolly World does not have an alternate costume in the Pikachu colors.

EDIT: Or perhaps the blue/yellow is supposed to represent Pikachu in this case.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

jariw

Tsurii wrote:

jariw wrote:

alternate costumes for one of the S-level yoshis

Wait..that's a thing?!

All yoshis that you collect in the game have 3 different costumes, same for the yoshis for the S levels.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Eel

You need to assign the costume to your yarn Yoshi amiibo, it will give you the option of changing the colors from three possible options.

Example: the citrus Yoshi comes with options that look like orange (default), lemon and grapefruit.

Then, since its an amiibo, that pattern will also appear in your amiibo hut, allowing you to use it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

e-love

so for someone who loved Kirby's epic Yarn is this a definite buy :?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Octane

@Emaan: The aesthetic theme is the only thing the games have in common. It plays more like a traditional Yoshi game. But if you really liked Epic Yarn, Woolly World is definitely a safe choice to get.

Octane

Gremstein

I played a demo of this game at a store, and it seems the jump button is mapped to "A." Is this changeable in the actual game? After playing so much Yoshi's Island on SNES it feels really weird to me not using the B button to jump.

Gremstein

e-love

Octane wrote:

@Emaan: The aesthetic theme is the only thing the games have in common. It plays more like a traditional Yoshi game. But if you really liked Epic Yarn, Woolly World is definitely a safe choice to get.

that works for me too I love the original Yoshi's island > : o)

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Rexcalibr

Sometimes on the map/overworld, the screen will freeze for like half a second and then start moving again.

Does this happen to anyone else?

EDIT - I read somewhere that turning the display off the gamepad causes this. I always turn the gamepad off and play with my pro controller.

EDIT again - I just remembered you guys were talking about this and I went back a couple pages and saw the discussion on it. That sucks, so does this mean you have to leave the gamepad on to avoid that?

DiscoGentleman wrote:

The framerate seems to drop on while in the HUB, but other than that, it seems 60fps for me, though I'm not extremely far into the game, yet.

That is also the only time it happens to me, is on the map.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

jariw

@Rexcalibr: Yes, you need to leave the Gamepad ON in the charger even if you play with another controller.

WaveGhoul wrote:

Based on what I've seen the yarn aesthetic isn't used as clever as it is in Epic Yarn, and the actual backgrounds look like lazy barren flat wallpaper.

So, what have you seen?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Rexcalibr

Things like that make me really dislike the Gamepad. I remember I had an issue with the Netflix on the Wii U being related to the GamePad.

Rexcalibr

Anthracks

I think the game is more clever than Epic Yarn, myself. But I suppose that being exposed to this kind of game once already diminishes the effects of some of it.

Edited on by Anthracks

Anthracks

16bitdave

I've been addicted to Wooly World and Splatoon lately. Damn I love Nintendo!

https://hiddenlevel.bigcartel.com

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

rjejr

Just started playing yesterday. Finished world 2-4 today. Some observations.

Much harder than Epic Yarn. I know there is a mellow mode and badges, I mean just plating normal.

I wish the Game pad would show all the relevant level per stage while we play all the collectibles. I know we can get it on the pause menu, but this was a 1st party game 3 years in the making, put the Game pad to use.

I really am enjoying it playing solo, my kids fight a lot with the 2 player, seems like it was meant to be a sign glee player first, then they added multiplayer, opposite of Trifold Heroes.

It's late, I'll skim thru the 33 pages tomorrow and see if I can help out.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic