Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 641 to 660 of 732

Spoony_Tech

Been playing this exclusively with my Daughter since CHRISTmas. Didn't think I would like it this much but it has been a good time with her. We are on world 3-5. I guess I still like most 2d platfomer games just not Mario anymore.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

dumedum

NintyMan wrote:

• They didn't make Pokemon designs because they wouldn't look authentic (I still believe the Pokemon Company didn't allow them)

That doesn't make any sense. Nintendo effectively controls that. It does anything Nintendo will say. There's no reason why they would suddenly have problems using pokemon when they use it in a myriad of other published games.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

jump

Pokemon is messy and confusing as to who owns what part of the franchise and I could see them not appearing because of the Pokemon company though, there wasn't any Poke-costumes in Mario Kart too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Shinion

@dumedum: nah that's technically not true. The Pokemon Company and Game Freak absolutely cannot make/publish any Pokemon games without Nintendo's say-so and approval, hence why the recent free-to-start games have come on 3DS first before going onto mobile, and it is why Nintendo is also part of the Pokemon Go project, despite it not being on a Nintendo platform. As for the actual licensing and use of Pokemon as an IP, The Pokemon Company does have near full control of it. It's why when that idiot who used a couple of Pokemon to advertise his social club got in trouble with The Pokemon Company and not Nintendo, it's why the Pokemon amiibo are the most restricted of the lot, not being costumes in this game and not having sound effects in Super Mario Maker. The Pokemon Company are very restrictive as a whole, demonstrating on numerous occasions that they are more than happy to go against both fans and Nintendo's wishes and are why we have yet to see a 'proper' home console Pokemon game, albeit I do agree with them with that. As for the amiibo 'support' bleh, screw you Pokemon Company.

Shinion

dumedum

@Tsurii, the Pokemon Company is effectively controlled by Nintendo. It is a vehicle for developing games. Not only does Nintendo have at least 1/3 of its shares directly, it also has shares in Creatures. In addition, Nintendo owns all the copyright to the pokemon names and ALL the characters. So if Nintendo comes to the Board and say: I want to this and this with my games and it will bring us profit, there can be very little resistance. I don't know why NINTENDO decided not to pursue this (and the other examples) but it's ultimately Nintendo's decision.

Shinion

@dumedum: but then that doesn't make any sense given recent examples. Why was that recent legal issue of the unauthorised use of the Pokemon IP not handled by Nintendo? Why is it only the Pokemon ones that don't even produce a little sound on Mario Maker, or have a Yoshi Design in Wooly World? A coincidence? Nintendo didn't want to? They had produced, distributed and sold these now 6 figurines and have not used them in other games just because they didn't feel like it? So when will there be major Pokemon amiibo support in a non-Pokemon game? I'll answer that question for you, when The Pokemon Company give permission, because they have the power in this situation. Oh and another one I forgot, I'm 99.9% sure The Pokemon Company are listed alongside Square-Enix, Capcom, Sega and the like in the Smash Bros copyright hence proving they had to approve the use of Pokemon in that game. Same reason Sakurai had to go directly to them when deciding on Greninja, The Pokemon Company aren't in a situation to refuse in that instance per se because it's a major feature in a big game, but for amiibo support? I'd say it's pretty clear they have full power there.

Shinion

MasterWario

I gotta say, I'm glad I asked for this game for Christmas instead of X. I know X is good, but this game surprised me with how wonderful all the graphics and sounds are, not to mention the platforming, collectibles, and co-op too!

OneBagTravel wrote:

I gotta say they went a bit overboard on the collectables for this game lol

That's exactly how I like it! There's a reason I like Donkey Kong 64 so much, despite it being kind of a mediocre platformer.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Smoo

@MasterWario:

Just beat it once through. Now is the fun part of collecting everything. Yeah I was expecting it to be cute and fun, but it was cuter and more fun than I expected and like you the visuals are great

Smoo

Grumblevolcano

@NintyMan: Mewtwo and Lucas may have as those 2 characters were known for Smash about 7 and 3 months before Woolly World launch respectively.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

dumedum

@TheLastLugia They are listed but also HAL, Intelligent Systems and MonolithSoft. Why is Monolith Soft which is a wholly owned subsidiary featured? Because they can, because it has an identity. Still doesn't mean they don't have control.

Octane

@dumedum: Nintendo doesn't have full control over Pokémon. Common mistake, but The Pokémon Company doesn't own Pokémon either. The Pokémon Company is responsible for the marketing and licensing, they don't ''own'' Pokémon. Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. are the owners of Pokémon. However since TPC is responsible for licensing, they ultimately are the ones that decide in what games the Pokémon make an appearance. I believe Nintendo has to agree, since they own the characters and names, but if TPC says no, Nintendo can't do much about it.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

I'm sure glad the final product ended the way it did. All that looks very basic and not fun to me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Finally got around to getting this game, just finished World 1....was hoping the main boss was gonna take longer, ah well. TwT

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Rexcalibr

I kind of gave up on this game. I was enjoying it while it was getting hyped in this thread and the amiibo were still new but everyone stopped caring about it so I lost interest. Same with Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

Rexcalibr

jariw

Megumi wrote:

Finally got around to getting this game, just finished World 1....was hoping the main boss was gonna take longer, ah well. TwT

Collect all the flowers on the World 1. Run 1-S. That'll take longer.

jariw

Joeynator3000

....I was talking about the boss battle, not the level itself. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic