Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 421 to 440 of 732

CanisWolfred

cookiex wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

@BlueBlurlxM: I can't believe this game was announced all the way back in January 2013! I still think it was announced too early, but I guess we might never know what compelled Nintendo to announce it back then.

Same reason as Genei Ibun Roku Fire Emblem (I will not call it Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem anymore, no ill meant against the game at all but if Nintendo isn't calling it that then why should I?)

Because that one is able to be pronounced without murdering your mouth.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DoctorOverbuild

Well Shopto have taken my money so that's a good sign! Looks like I'm getting all three amiibo! Anyone know if the Fire emblem amiibo are compatible with this game?

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

TuVictus

This game comes out three days before my birthday. So perfect timing for a gift release. Though I'm sure if someone gets it for me, they'll giggle at the cutesy box art. Hopefully I can buy it for myself the day of.

TuVictus

Budda

DoctorOverbuild wrote:

Well Shopto have taken my money so that's a good sign! Looks like I'm getting all three amiibo! Anyone know if the Fire emblem amiibo are compatible with this game?

If I'm not mistaken, any Amiibo is compatible with the game.
Except Pokemon Amiibo. They only give you a random pattern.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

DoctorOverbuild

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

DoctorOverbuild wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, any Amiibo is compatible with the game.
Except Pokemon Amiibo. They only give you a random pattern.

Oh that's good! And what pokemon ones don't give you a Pokémon pattern? I thought a pikachu yoshi would be awesome!

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

OorWullie

Really can't wait for this,I've had the theme music stuck in my head for months.The frequency of me whistling it has ramped up in the last couple of weeks apart from a couple of days during E3 where I couldn't even bring myself to play Splatoon let alone whistle in excitement.Now that I've recovered from last week my hype for this guaranteed masterpiece is back,bigger than ever and my whistling is relentless.Yoshi this week to play through July,Splatoon update for August as well as Devils Third then Super Mario Maker for September to take me through to the end of the year where I'll be playing Mario Tennis,Xenoblade and Starfox with hopefully some Fast Racing in between.Not that bad when you look at it that way

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Budda

@DoctorOverbuild
They are probably all "compatible", but there are no Pokemon patterns.
It was discussed a few pages ago why they don't/can't use them. It probably has something to do with copy right issues with the companies behind Pokemon, like Game Freak etc.

spizzamarozzi

OorWullie wrote:

Yoshi this week to play through July,Splatoon update for August as well as Devils Third then Super Mario Maker for September to take me through to the end of the year where I'll be playing Mario Tennis,Xenoblade and Starfox with hopefully some Fast Racing in between.Not that bad when you look at it that way

not bad at all. One major release per month plus the occasional weekly indie is enough for me - I wouldn't be able to afford more even if I wanted. I have already pre-ordered YWW because my best friend is a huge Yoshi fan and I'm looking forward to play the game with her. I've also bought Yoshi's New Island for her the other day for a price I couldn't say no to. Now all we need is Yoshi's Universal Gravitation on VC and we're ready for a Green Week.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

DoctorOverbuild

9/10 that's an awesome score @NintendoLife! Really hyped to 100% complete this game with a robin yoshi and the yarn yoshi by my side!

DoctorOverbuild

Shopto cancelled my blue yarn Yoshi pre-order due to the fact that it couldn't take my money haha Anyway I called them up and a really nice guy sorted the case out for me! Definitely going Shopto from now on!

Budda

Pahvi wrote:

Seems like YWW isn't getting rave reviews. Eurogamer didn't give a stamp of any sort, IGN gave 7.4, Gamespot 6.

IGN: 7,4 - Too much wool.
and Gamespot, nuff said.

Geonjaha

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Pahvi wrote:

Seems like YWW isn't getting rave reviews. Eurogamer didn't give a stamp of any sort, IGN gave 7.4, Gamespot 6.

IGN: 7,4 - Too much wool.
and Gamespot, nuff said.

You can mock single sites as much as you want, but the consensus is clear, and people aren't rating it too highly.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Budda

@Geonjaha
I really don't care for any ratings. And when I do, it is probably NintendoLife.
Because they have a fair share of experience with Nintendo games. And that's what I only care for.

And the "mock" was just a perfect opportunity. Basically I would still mock it if they gave it a 10/10.
Because... Seriously? They give CoD:AW 9.1 rating? You seriously can't take them serious.

Peach64

Oh dear. I read the NLife glowing review and thought we finally had another great Yoshi game after 20 years, but looking around it seems to be pretty much nailing to traditional Yoshi score of 6/7

When Batman outsells it in next week's UK chart, except tons of comments denouncing people's taste in gaming!

Peach64

CanisWolfred

Peach64 wrote:

Oh dear. I read the NLife glowing review and thought we finally had another great Yoshi game after 20 years, but looking around it seems to be pretty much nailing to traditional Yoshi score of 6/7

To be fair, the original didn't deserve more than a 7 (then again, I'm used to 7s being "it has some problems, but some will definitely still love it" sort of thing), and most of its problems are problems the entire series shares. So I think the score won't matter. If you like Yoshi and/or more relaxed collection-focused platforming, you already know what to expect from it - a damn good time...most likely. I still have to wait until Octrober to find out myself. :x

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Budda

@Peach64
Play what ever you like and love. And NintendoLife pretty much nailed what the game is going to be!

And of course Batman outsells the game. The Batman games are really good. And Batman himself is awesome anyway!
But I'm not going to play the game. Maybe sometime later in a few years.. Or I'll just watch gameplays of it.

Edited on by Budda

CanisWolfred

Arkham Knight is also one of the most articially-inflated-hyped games this side of Watch_Dogs, so of course it's going to outsell everything. That was gauaranteed the moment it was announced.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

spizzamarozzi

Yeah I'm sure the game is good and anybody who has ever played a Yoshi game or Epic Yarn in their heart know what they're going to get. No need for reviews - classic Nintendo platformer, expertly crafted, no major turnarounds, no challenge but frustrating to collect all the collectables. If you see reviewers that come up with more original praise/criticism, give them a Pulitzer.

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic