Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 4,201 to 4,220 of 4,371

Dezzy

@Chandlero

There are just some missions you can do in multiplayer.

I doubt there'll be many people using it at this point. It's fairly unimportant anyway. Easy to ignore.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

You know, I genuinely really like Xenoblade X's soundtrack, but any defense of it immediately dies when you are still hearing that god forsaken NLA day theme OVER ONE HUNDRED HOURS INTO THE GAME.

I remember getting so sick of like Delfino Plaza and Skyloft, this is so much worse. No one could possibly still want to hear this song after that much time. It is impossible.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tyranexx

@kkslider5552000: ...Wait, you got sick of Skyloft's theme? O_o The only time this happened to me in recent memory was when playing Metroid Prime. I got so sick of Magmoor Caverns....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SKTTR

I love the NLA theme (day and night).

When two of my Xenoblade X loving friends visited me, I put Xenoblade X on to show them my stuff and some tricks, and then the "Oh Oh - Ohuwohoo!" part kicked in, we suddenly sang along to it and we had some kind of combined realisation of how fun the track is. From this day on it was for each of us another top 10 track in the game. "I can't hear u, I can't see u!"

It is a great track! Of course, every track gets boring after 100 hours of listening to it, but after spending some months with other things and other music, I can easily listen to it again.
In-game, for me it's the sound of local NLA musicians, the last human band. It has a certain futuristic feel of mainstream music that keeps the last survivors happy.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

jtmnm

Just saw an interesting article on Gematsu regarding an exchange with Monolith Soft's president.

4Gamer.net: Is there a chance that we will be able to play Xenoblade Chronicles X on other hardware in the same way that Xenoblade Chronicles 1, which was released for Wii, was released as a New 3DS title?

Tetsuya Takahashi: Personally, since there are times that I happen to want to play Xenoblade Chronicles X, I get the feeling that it would be nice to play on Nintendo Switch. Of course, that it something I will think about while discussing user demands and future plans with Nintendo.

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/monolith-soft-president-wants-pla...

While I would wholly welcome this, I better be able to transfer my 800+ hour save with a NG+ mode in tow. A music selector would also be appreciated.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Pho

I love this game, and I've been listening to the music since XC2 is out tomorrow. I hope we get XCX 2

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

kkslider5552000

Part of the Affinity problem seems to be that I unintentionally didn't do/unlock a ton of town quests, based on how many I'm still finding. I'm not sure how much of that is just side quests unlocking more sidequests and how much of it is sidequests being unlocked right at this point in the game. Despite that, no way I'm doing the 4 heart Affinity Missions, because I want to play other games someday. Hopefully I'll finally beat this game in the next week.

On a sidenote, I did find that the Ganglion base in west Primordia has been a great place to level up. The flying ships in that area are still higher leveled than me, and it's been a good way to level up quickly, and especially level up lower leveled party members.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

JohnBlackstar

I just started playing this game and I am only on chapter 3 I think. It has been satisfying seeing beasts that I would see starting off that were so hard and now being able to tackle them.

I love exploring, but definitely felt overwhelmed with the all of the different menus you need to navigate for leveling up skills, arts , soul voices, etc....

Any tips are appreciated. Also any explanation of how the online component works would be fascinating, or is it all shutdown now? I keep seeing new people joining my division and earning stuff and meeting random people in the field. Are those real players or NPC for both?

JohnBlackstar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

@JohnBlackstar I believe those are real people. Everyone plays separately on their own WiiU but in the bottom right or left of the screen it shows "squad tasks" which is usually killing x number of certain types of monsters or finding items. It tallies up the contributions of each squad member. In your barracks there is a terminal for online stuff that I didn't do much with other than to "obtain division spoils" which gives you free stuff for your team winning at something (not really sure when that happens.)

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

kkslider5552000

I only have one chapter left. I'll still do some more quests (and Affinity Quests depending on how many 4 heart Affinity partners I have now/soon), but it will soon be over. Thank Meyneth for that.

kkslider5552000

I bought a new Skell just because this boss was too difficult for me. Well after failing to the same boss for 30 minutes (and with Elma and Lin in their Skells too) for this one Affinity Mission, that's FIVE LEVELS BELOW ME AND TWO LEVELS BELOW BOTH OF THEM, I think I'm done. It's not even that I'm unwilling to try again, but I've put so much into this game all year, and I can't justify playing it anymore with all the games I've not played because I wanted to properly play through Xenoblade X. I HAVE MORE TIME ON THIS THAN THE ORIGINAL, WHICH WAS MY FAVORITE GAME OF THE DECADE, so I think I put way more time into than...possibly it deserved? I don't know.

Thinking about it, this is at least in my top 10 most played games ever. I did that because parts of the game are brilliant and I felt obligated to really get into this game because it was Xenoblade. But it would've been a better game if it wasn't in my top most played games. I think anyone who hasn't bought this game by this point should hope they release an improved version on Switch. It really needs it and I dare say deserves it. Like Wind Waker, I couldn't possibly imagine myself wanting to do all the sailing the original game requires again (let alone 100% it), but I totally did that and loved it when they just made it quicker and less time wasting in the HD version.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

BloodyMurder

So, anyone think this game will get ported to the Switch?

Played it, beat it, was disappointed but I think an enhanced Switch port may help if it has a proper fleshed out story/single player campaign.

Also, anyone else think it's BS that you have to buy Dolls for the other characters?

BloodyMurder

kkslider5552000

BloodyMurder wrote:

Played it, beat it, was disappointed but I think an enhanced Switch port may help if it has a proper fleshed out story/single player campaign.

This would be this biggest **** you they could do.

"REBUY THE GAME YOU ALREADY PLAYED TO GET A COMPLETE STORY.

Like, no, **** that noise.

OfNullAndVoid

I restarted my game a while back after not having played it for a while and needing to get back into the mechanics of the game. Of course, I ended up getting Mario Odyssey which made me not play the game for a bit, but now I'm getting back to it. Anyway, I'm close to getting my Skell License again, and I was wondering if anyone has some tips on Skell choices and combat, or knows of a good guide. Previously my team mainly consisted of 1 large, 2 medium, and 1 small Skell, but now I'm wondering whether or not that was a good choice, or if it matters at all.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Ryu_Niiyama

Ugh they can keep a switch port. I'm not dealing with that map on a one screen device.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tyranexx

I'm currently playing through this as well, I just finished up Chapter 5 during my last session a couple of days ago. Overall I like the game, but it's insanely easy to get sidetracked. I think I have combat down pretty well by this point, but I'm still learning the subtle ins and outs of the sub-menus.

A summary of my reaction to chapter 5: I'm a friggin' ROBOT?!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

kkslider5552000

Tyranexx wrote:

I'm currently playing through this as well, I just finished up Chapter 5 during my last session a couple of days ago. Overall I like the game, but it's insanely easy to get sidetracked. I think I have combat down pretty well by this point, but I'm still learning the subtle ins and outs of the sub-menus.

A summary of my reaction to chapter 5: I'm a friggin' ROBOT?!

That was a really good twist, tbh. Added some real dread to everything, which I like. Even if it's a weird fit for a game that expects you to spend so much time on side content.

Tyranexx

Same, I loved that twist, and I thought the cutscenes there were wonderfully done. Honestly, up to this point parts of the game felt slightly generic, but now I feel like more is opening up as I go along.

For the most part, I like the writing, but I feel like Lin is overdoing it with how often she compares Tatsu to a vegetable.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic