Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 4,371

iKhan

This game has been delayed by a full year once already. Do you really think they'll delay it again?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MsJubilee

Operative wrote:

If this is delayed to 2016 there really is absolutely no games that I'll be playing on the Wii U until next year. Hoping for some surprise winter games at E3

It's already been released in Japan,so i don't think it will get delayed.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Smash_kirby

At this point we should assume that the game is getting delayed to be a NX launch title for America. [/sarcasm]

I see it coming out this fall as there is a lot to translate but I trust they get it as soon as possible.

Smash_kirby

Haru17

Guys, Nintendo doesn't delay things just 'cause it can. Zelda wasn't done, Pikmin 3 wasn't done. If E3 comes and goes without any mention of a XCX release date then I'd pack your patience parachute, but until then don't worry.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

Seems weird that they would have a dedicated Direct (short as it was) if things weren't progressing on schedule. According to that Iwata Asks a few days ago, there's tens of thousands of spoken lines, far more than XC, so I'm not surprised that Treehouse were joking about how long it's taking.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

Here's my only question for those who might actually know now that the game is out in Japan...
Does Cross speak AT ALL? I know he/she says stuff in battles but what about cutscenes? DOES HE SAY/SHE ANYTHING?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

KryptoniteKrunch

Didn't Nintendo/Monolith Soft recently confirm that XCX is still coming out 2015 in the west? I'm expecting a 2015 release probably from September-November.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

nacho_chicken

Blast wrote:

Here's my only question for those who might actually know now that the game is out in Japan...
Does Cross speak AT ALL? I know he/she says stuff in battles but what about cutscenes? DOES HE SAY/SHE ANYTHING?

Not for the first 6 hours, at least. Totally silent. It honestly isn't handled any different than, say, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, or Persona. You get various multiple-choice options during gameplay, most of which are full sentences - far longer than the basic Yes/No. I'm sure it'll be like Persona where your character's personality will come out in the options you're given.
E.G. In the beginning of Persona 4, a character introduces himself to you after he crashes his bike into a pole. Your options are:

• Nice to meet you too.
  • Are you okay?
  • Is your bike okay?

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Haru17

nacho_chicken wrote:

Blast wrote:

Not for the first 6 hours, at least. Totally silent.

Man, I wish some of Nintendo's story-based studios would catch the Bioware bug and wise-up.

IceClimbers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Tops wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

This was a while ago, but during the Direct stream the jokes about how they weren't that far into localization were really irritating me for some reason...

Maybe because they suggested we still have a while to wait as each joke slowly drained the lifeforce from the people watching the stream expecting a release date.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Spot on, the stream alone has already convinced me the game will come out in 2016 outside of Japan with more Smash and MK8 DLC as its replacement. I mean we already know that Fire Emblem If's western release is at least 6 months after Japan so that would suggest November at the earliest for XCX.

I'd say that Fire Emblem If is coming out in 2016 in the west because of XCX. I also don't expect Bravely Second in the west this year either for the same reason (unless SE decided to do the localization themselves, which I doubt would happen). XCX will release in 2015. It's their biggest Wii U game this year by far.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

nacho_chicken

Haru17 wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

Blast wrote:

Not for the first 6 hours, at least. Totally silent.

Man, I wish some of Nintendo's story-based studios would catch the Bioware bug and wise-up.

I do wish that would've been possible. The one problem is that, unlike Mass Effect, you can choose your character's voice. That's - at the very least - 1000 spoken lines, times 8 for every voice option, times 2 for female voices. That's a LOT of voicework - some by very prolific VAs that cost tens of thousands of yen already just saying random stuff like "UUUNGH!" and "FAIA GURENEIDO!". Bioware solved this problem by giving you less choices.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Twitter:

Haru17

nacho_chicken wrote:

I do wish that would've been possible. The one problem is that, unlike Mass Effect, you can choose your character's voice. That's - at the very least - 1000 spoken lines, times 8 for every voice option, times 2 for female voices. That's a LOT of voicework - some by very prolific VAs that cost tens of thousands of yen already just saying random stuff like "UUUNGH!" and "FAIA GURENEIDO!". Bioware solved this problem by giving you less choices.

Well, I mean, less voices, more choices. Inquisition had 2 voices for each sex, so 4 total (in English, at least). Xenoblade was linear main quest-wise. I don't really remember any choices in the side quests either. Are they adding some of that in in XCX?

Edited on by Haru17

nacho_chicken

Haru17 wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

Well, I mean, less voices, more choices. Inquisition had 2 voices for each sex, so 4 total (in English, at least). Xenoblade was linear main quest-wise. I don't really remember any choices in the side quests either. Are they adding some of that in in XCX?

There's nothing yet suggesting major storyline shifts, but you get choices throughout the story. He didn't really get far enough to get any major sidequests, but just in the first 6 hours of bumbling around (probably about 2 hrs if it was in English), there was at least 10 different story options. In one example, on an encounter with a seemingly hostile alien race, you can choose to lower your weapons to see how it goes, or to shoot first and ask questions later. Also, in Tots' intro scene, there's apparently a really snarky option and he reacts really great.

Anyway, Famitsu rated Xenoblade X 34/40 (2x9/10, 2x8/10). For reference, Xenoblade's score was 36/10 (All 9/10).
Some interesting quotes from the 4 reviews:
"Deep and long story, tough enough difficulty and highly user-friendly systems remind of [sic] old RPGs in a good way. The huge open world is packed with a countless number of stories."
"Things like the world setting are explained carefully and cut-scenes appear often."
"The combat [...] tempo is good, and battles are highly strategic. The story is carefully made, but there is a strong feeling of just watching a movie."
"The word 'grand' describes this really epic game precisely."

Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Er, isn't the reason that there's tens of thousands of spoken lines because they had to hire multiple voice actors for Cross?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

erv

I think if e3 packs up and goes home without a release date on xenoblade we should anticipate 2016. But for now, it almost seems impossible to delay it with the lack of titles on the horizon and the inevitable change coming late next year with whatever transformation nintendo is going through for both online and possible nx issues.

Then again, e3 last year showed me titles I hadn’t even heard of before which I almost all wanted, so e3 could be a great surprise.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

R_Champ

erv wrote:

I think if e3 packs up and goes home without a release date on xenoblade we should anticipate 2016. But for now, it almost seems impossible to delay it with the lack of titles on the horizon and the inevitable change coming late next year with whatever transformation nintendo is going through for both online and possible nx issues.

Then again, e3 last year showed me titles I hadn’t even heard of before which I almost all wanted, so e3 could be a great surprise.

Definitely agree with that. I think we're likely to get a relase date at E3. That mini direct was proof they don't intend to tell us before the relase of Splatoon, and then E3 is like two weeks later...so yeah. 2016 would be a bad choice, especially since the game is already done. At least they had the excuse with Zelda because it won't be finished. Sure translating a game of this scope will be a huge task...but nowhere near as big a task has trying to fix their image after delaying TWO of the THREE biggest titles of "2015".

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

nacho_chicken

Here's some interesting reading from Japanese player's reviews:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/05/xenoblade-chronicles-x-n...

Everyone expecting X to feel like a sequel to Chronicles should take note.

There's no spoilers there, but if you're that worried about them, here's the TL;DR:
The first two chapters are the "tutorial portion"; then the game opens up into a massive world with complete freedom. The game focuses less on the main plotline than its predecessor, but the side stories and quests are much better as a result. Combat is very complex and very good.

While I am enjoying the story in Xenoblade 3D greatly, I feel like exploration is hindered. I can't do it whenever I feel like it, lest I be massively overleveled. I'm currently at Prison Island, and Metal Face was a complete joke at level 48. It seems like X will satiate my taste for exploration at the same time as my need for difficulty.

Also not mentioned there is that the level cap is 60. This is balanced in that levels don't matter as much, EXP isn't given out like candy as it was in Xenoblade, and you have two separate things to level: an "inner level" and a "class level".

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Twitter:

Dezzy

It'll definitely be 2015 people. They be insane not to have it out by Christmas, given how much things sell over that month and given that we know the game's been finished for a while. They could easily spread the workload with voice acting to get it finished quicker.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

nacho_chicken wrote:

The game focuses less on the main plotline than its predecessor, but the side stories and quests are much better as a result. Combat is very complex and very good.

From what I read it seemed like they were saying the main plot was only a little bit smaller? At least that's what I got out of the Iwata Asks...

Regardless, this is similar to how Mass Effect 2 worked compared to the original, so I'm entirely fine with this. I'd go so far as to say most RPGs should rip off Mass Effect 2's loyalty missions.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic