Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 4,371

Dezzy

Cia wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Cia wrote:

This doesn't sound good.

"They allow you to lower the difficulty on a boss if you lose to it several times. There’s no penalties for lowering the difficulty, so people who don’t play RPGs often can still enjoy it." (Dengeki)

Why are they even thinking about "people who don't play RPG:s?"

because they aren't elitist ****ers?

Ok then. I demand that the next FIFA game should have some platforming/ RPG elements in it. I can't believe those elitist football fans would have anything against it...

Where did you learn the concept of analogies?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

Not sure what the problem is. Even SMT IV let you lower the difficulty after dying a few times. It's a pretty basic concession to less skilled players

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Joeynator3000

comes in and sees people complaining about some difficulty option, leaves

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SomeBitTripFan

Nintendo does seem pretty concerned with selling this to a wide player base. Go back and listen to the wording in the beginning of the English Nintendo Direct. It has this kind of "this game isn't just for hyper-hardcore players, but for anyone kind of tone in it". As long as this game isn't sacrificing anything (mechanics, complexity, etc.), but is trying to allow a more-casual player to enjoy it, I'm fine.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Sleepingmudkip

No ones forcing you to lower the difficulty so why does it matter?

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

MegaMari0

I'm in the "it's an option you don't have to touch" camp. Frankly they should have implemented a message that says " you lost a few times, maybe a little leveling is in order don't you think?" If I die a few times with a boss, clearly i'm A) not strong enough B) not prepared for it and I need to do a little research.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Joeynator3000

Bet everyone is gonna use that as an excuse for the game being way too easy. Like with Donkey Kong Country Returns, you know, that game that's so easy a 2 year-old can beat it?

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Dezzy

Megumi wrote:

Bet everyone is gonna use that as an excuse for the game being way too easy. Like with Donkey Kong Country Returns, you know, that game that's so easy a 2 year-old can beat it?

Then they can avoid it

Joeynator3000

But they won't...they could in all the other Nintendo games, but they didn't and complain that the games are too easy because of the option.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Dezzy

Megumi wrote:

But they won't...they could in all the other Nintendo games, but they didn't and complain that the games are too easy because of the option.

Even the term "first world problems" is sometimes lacking.

nacho_chicken

Just watched a 6hr stream of gameplay of the Japanese release.
There wasn't really anything to spoil. Here are some things I felt I need to mention:

• Don't expect the game's intro to be as good as Xenoblade's.
  • There's a run toggle. You run REALLY fast.
  • Jump is now ZR. You can jump while in a battle.
  • MC is very much like FE: Awakening's MU. Elma would be this game's Chrom.
  • Streamer didn't get a Skell during gameplay.
  • The battle system seems less focused on managing aggro and more focused on attacking different points on an enemy's body.
  • Whoever is rapping during the battle theme is very meh. Lotus Juice would've turned that theme from an 9/10 to a 10/10 for me.
  • Class system is very cool.
  • Tots is hilarious.

Overall, I'm very impressed with how the game is looking so far, and can't wait for the western release.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Blast

nacho_chicken wrote:

Just watched a 6hr stream of gameplay of the Japanese release.
There wasn't really anything to spoil. Here are some things I felt I need to mention:

• There's a run toggle. You run REALLY fast.
  • Jump is now ZR. You can jump while in a battle.
  • MC is very much like FE: Awakening's MU. Elma would be this game's Chrom.
  • Streamer didn't get a Skell during gameplay.
  • The battle system seems less focused on managing aggro and more focused on attacking different points on an enemy's body.
  • Whoever is rapping during the battle theme is very meh. Lotus Juice would've turned that theme from an 9/10 to a 10/10 for me.
  • Class system is very cool.
  • Tots is hilarious.

Overall, I'm very impressed with how the game is looking so far, and can't wait for the western release.

Ummm... Use the spoil feature to hide all of that comment.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

nacho_chicken wrote:

This doesn't surprise me. Xenoblade's intro was suspiciously compelling for a JRPG, not surprised they couldn't pull it off twice.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheLilK98

Tops wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

This was a while ago, but during the Direct stream the jokes about how they weren't that far into localization were really irritating me for some reason...

Maybe because they suggested we still have a while to wait as each joke slowly drained the lifeforce from the people watching the stream expecting a release date.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I was more annoyed that I thought it was gonna be a Direct instead of a livestream with minimal new info. If Nintendo did that more I'd be fine but I'm so used to Nintendo focusing on only doing big 30+ minute information focused shows.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheLilK98

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I was more annoyed that I thought it was gonna be a Direct instead of a livestream with minimal new info. If Nintendo did that more I'd be fine but I'm so used to Nintendo focusing on only doing big 30+ minute information focused shows.

I hear you. I was at school when it was streamed, and when I got home I saw the banner for the video and that it was only eight minutes long. I thought it was a highlight reel from the real direct or something, but nope. Then a little later I found out about the corny gameplay commentary that took up the real time. The game looked fantastic as usual of course, but jeez....they were just so cheesy.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

TheLilK98 wrote:

Tops wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

This was a while ago, but during the Direct stream the jokes about how they weren't that far into localization were really irritating me for some reason...

Maybe because they suggested we still have a while to wait as each joke slowly drained the lifeforce from the people watching the stream expecting a release date.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Spot on, the stream alone has already convinced me the game will come out in 2016 outside of Japan with more Smash and MK8 DLC as its replacement. I mean we already know that Fire Emblem If's western release is at least 6 months after Japan so that would suggest November at the earliest for XCX.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

If this is delayed to 2016 there really is absolutely no games that I'll be playing on the Wii U until next year. Hoping for some surprise winter games at E3

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic