Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 4,371

Offspring

I thought it would have done better than that. Hopefully it has some legs.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Blast

BieberBlows wrote:

Are you joking?! Most people expected worse sales for this game in its opening week in Japan! Hahah nobody was expecting good sales in its first week because well....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

I was hoping for a bit higher to be honest. 100K at least. I guess they're hoping for highest sales in the west though. I hope it hits 1 million. Seems like they deserve it to.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

For a console game in Japan + competing with Dragon Quest and Puzzle and Dragons Mario version, that seems good.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Offspring

Blast wrote:

BieberBlows wrote:

Are you joking?! Most people expected worse sales for this game in its opening week in Japan! Hahah nobody was expecting good sales in its first week because well....

Even taking the market into consideration, I thought it would sell close to 100,000 copies and move 25,000-30,000 Wii U's with DQX's help. It's fine if you think my prediction was to optimistic but either way, its performance isn't worth celebrating over.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Blast

Hahah! I'm just happy the game sold over 10,000 copies in its first week. The Japanese market is freaking so dynamic sometimes... especially when it comes to TRUE JRPGs. If you aren't Final Fantasy or a Tales game or a Persona game and you're a TRUE JRPG on console like Xenoblade Chronicles X then getting good sales isn't exactly easy at all.

Master of the Hype Train

Sleepingmudkip

I hope we can see similar success in the states and europe

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Dezzy

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I'm hoping we see larger success in the US and Europe!

Blast

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

The diehard JRPG fans who don't care its a Wii U exclusive should support this game... basically JRPG fans from PS4.
The Wii U owners should are interested in this game should support this game.
But...
The biggest market really comes down to the young kids and I said a few pages back in this thread that... Nintendo should drop advertisements of people of any age playing this game and exploring. Just really appeal to the people who went and bought Mario Kart 8. "Whoa!!! Check out this!!!" and stuff like that. The JRPG fanbase on Wii U is already convinced on buying this game. Now we just need to appeal to people who need a push.

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

The biggest market really comes down to the young kids and I said a few pages back in this thread that... Nintendo should drop advertisements of people of any age playing this game and exploring. Just really appeal to the people who went and bought Mario Kart 8. "Whoa!!! Check out this!!!" and stuff like that. The JRPG fanbase on Wii U is already convinced on buying this game. Now we just need to appeal to people who need a push.

You sure? I can't remember where I read them but the last demographics study I saw on Nintendo seemed to indicate that their largest group was kinda 25-30 year old men. I remember it stuck out for that reason. Can't remember where it was though.

Blast

Dezzy wrote:

Blast wrote:

You sure? I can't remember where I read them but the last demographics study I saw on Nintendo seemed to indicate that their largest group was kinda 25-30 year old men. I remember it stuck out for that reason. Can't remember where it was though.

??? Didn't that data come from Eshop stuff?

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

85k is about as good of a result as anyone could have realistically hoped for. It's a stronger opening than the first game, which finished at just under 200k.

That bump in hardware though is comparable to the bump received from Mario Kart 8, a game that sold 400k first week.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

??? Didn't that data come from Eshop stuff?

Ahhh, that might've been it actually. I guess that does introduce an age bias.

Edited on by Dezzy

whodatninja

nacho_chicken wrote:

Here's some interesting reading from Japanese player's reviews:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/05/xenoblade-chronicles-x-n...

Everyone expecting X to feel like a sequel to Chronicles should take note.

There's no spoilers there, but if you're that worried about them, here's the TL;DR:
The first two chapters are the "tutorial portion"; then the game opens up into a massive world with complete freedom. The game focuses less on the main plotline than its predecessor, but the side stories and quests are much better as a result. Combat is very complex and very good.

While I am enjoying the story in Xenoblade 3D greatly, I feel like exploration is hindered. I can't do it whenever I feel like it, lest I be massively overleveled. I'm currently at Prison Island, and Metal Face was a complete joke at level 48. It seems like X will satiate my taste for exploration at the same time as my need for difficulty.

Also not mentioned there is that the level cap is 60. This is balanced in that levels don't matter as much, EXP isn't given out like candy as it was in Xenoblade, and you have two separate things to level: an "inner level" and a "class level".

I'm one of the people that felt the Xenoblade 1 storyline went on for a bit too long, so having X's being smaller is good. The side quests being deeper is a HUGE improvment! I'll say 30 percent of the side quests in Xenoblade 1 were fluff...

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

kkslider5552000

I will say, I consider it a good thing that someone who didn't like the first game didn't like this one. That means there's a good chance they didn't ruin what I liked.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jaz007

While I didn't read the review, why would it be a problem if he didn't like the first one, and he doesn't like the second one either. It's just his opinion, and it's his job to give it, whether it be good or bad shouldn't really matter.

Jaz007

nacho_chicken

Jaz007 wrote:

While I didn't read the review, why would it be a problem if he didn't like the first one, and he doesn't like the second one either. It's just his opinion, and it's his job to give it, whether it be good or bad shouldn't really matter.

You're sort of right. He is free to express his opinion. Although, do you think, if Kotaku gave the job of previewing the game to someone who liked it, they would've gotten more pageviews? They're doing it for controversy and baiting fanboys. That is why it's a problem. If it was positive, we wouldn't be talking about it this much. All according to Kotaku*.

I'm siding with @kkslider5552000 on this one. Exploration in the first game was my favorite part of the game, and X promises more of it, and less to get in the way. It's not going to be a "grindy slog to get through the story" for me, because I'm actually going to enjoy the main focus of the game.

*TN: Kotaku means clickbait

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic