Wii U Forum

Topic: Will you get a wii u if the xbox 720 launches this year.

Showing 61 to 80 of 240

AuthorMessage

Faron

61. Posted:

I have always bought Nintendo systems first, and Playstations long after. I don't even see any use for Xbox.

Faron

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

62. Posted:

To be completely truthful, unless Wii U offers an open online system that is comparable to the PS3/360, or better yet, on par with the amazing online integration featured on PS Vita, with it's extremely flexible and fast interfaces; then I have little interest in the Wii U at or near launch. As much as I adore Nintendo and normally there at launch for their systems, I'm just not sold on the design of the Wii U.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

DarkLloyd

63. Posted:

i'l be getting both day one :P

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

64. Posted:

I'll get a Nextbox if it can pass the ladder test.
I'm sure I'll buy a Wii U eventually to preserve my Wii games.
As for Sony, I'd say a prayer for them because they've got a long hard road to redemption.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

DarkLloyd

65. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

I'll get a Nextbox if it can pass the ladder test.
I'm sure I'll buy a Wii U eventually to preserve my Wii games.
As for Sony, I'd say a prayer for them because they've got a long hard road to redemption.

wait whuuuut? o.o dont u mean microsoft has a long road to redemption or are you talking about something specfic ?

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

66. Posted:

@BlackFira Why would you think Microsoft has a long road ahead of them?

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

DarkLloyd

67. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

i was thinking of the games but its clear now that your talking about something else about sony so nevermind :P

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

68. Posted:

Wii-U for me.

And when the 720/PS4 drops I'd get a PS4. Microsoft isn't my cup of tea.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

czoom

69. Posted:

I will try to get them both. If not both. Think I will go Wii-U because I need some Nintendo games In awesome 1080P.

czoom

AuthorMessage

RoryLee

70. Posted:

Yep, I'm gonna get it no matter what.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

71. Posted:

BlackFira wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

i was thinking of the games but its clear now that your talking about something else about sony so nevermind :P

Even with Games Mircosoft has better third party relationships than sony and has enough money to throw at any third party they aren't on good terms with. Sont doesn't have that advantage.

For all of sony's first party diversity (though i'd argue that Mircosoft has about the same diversty) only a few of their franchises are AAA and even those don't really sell or marketed as AAA titles.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

72. Posted:

Microsoft does not have better third party relations with any publisher over Sony. Sony has more AAA exclusives on the PS3 than the Xbox 360. But if you're talking about things like receiving content way before Sony, then that's not a relationship either. That's called money.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

DarkLloyd

73. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

Even with Games Mircosoft has better third party relationships than sony and has enough money to throw at any third party they aren't on good terms with. Sont doesn't have that advantage.

For all of sony's first party diversity (though i'd argue that Mircosoft has about the same diversty) only a few of their franchises are AAA and even those don't really sell or marketed as AAA titles.

but that pissed some people off with the lack of microsoft exclusives and they are just throwing it at thirdparty for early dlc, i mean thats fine and all thier money but it couldnt hurt for them to spice it up some more, my 360 library is small compared to my other 2 consoles

Edited on by DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

74. Posted:

BlackFira wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

but that pissed some people off with the lack of microsoft exclusives and they are just throwing it at thirdparty for early dlc, i mean thats fine and all thier money but it couldnt hurt for them to spice it up some more, my 360 library is small compared to my other 2 consoles

That's true but I'm also counting XBLA. it wouldn't be that hard for mircosoft to make some new excluisves. I mean this year they have.

Halo 4
Alan Wake's american nightmare
Nexius
Haunt
Deadlight
Crimson Dragon
Diabolical Pitch
Sine Mora
Fez
Kinect Star wars
Spelunky HD
Minecraft
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor
Fable: The Journey
Hybrid
Happy Action Theater
The Splatters
Trails Evolution

I would say that they both have exclusives its just Microsoft is focusing on the DD instead of retail like sony. Though i imagne with all of rare's Ips it wouldn't be hard to diverseafity.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

DarkLloyd

75. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

That's true but I'm also counting XBLA. it wouldn't be that hard for mircosoft to make some new excluisves. I mean this year they have.

Halo 4
Alan Wake's american nightmare
Nexius
Haunt
Deadlight
Crimson Dragon
Diabolical Pitch
Sine Mora
Fez
Kinect Star wars
Spelunky HD
Minecraft
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor
Fable: The Journey
Hybrid
Happy Action Theater
The Splatters
Trails Evolution

I would say that they both have exclusives its just Microsoft is focusing on the DD instead of retail like sony. Though i imagne with all of rare's Ips it wouldn't be hard to diverseafity.

its too bad i wont have a kinect at least not in this console lifetime im hoping the 720 comes with one then i can get some of the kinect titles that actually interest me

as it stands for me for the number of games i own here it is
wii-55
ps3-74
360- 25
id like to see that 360 list or 720 or microsoft library increase in the future as of now my only planned purchase for it are mass effect 3 and halo 4 its so far inbetween :P

Edited on by DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

76. Posted:

Yes, i will be getting a Wii U. Xbox? Never!

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Capt_N

77. Posted:

I sent in to NLife here some time ago about this: a CNet article w/ MS saying the next "Box" won't be available until Fall 2013. A quick Google of xbox 720 gives plenty of different links on the subject of the next Xbox. This is what I found doing a quick search; it is not the same link, as I was talking about though. http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/xbox-720-not-out-this-year-...

To answer the question, I more than likely won't have enough money for either of the consoles. I should actually say "any", but I might get the next xbox, if it appeals to me. My getting the WiiU is probably a "yes", but Nintendo hasn't quite appealed to me w/ that either. Edit: I really should look at all 3 systems. The next MS system is supposed to be 20% more powerful than the WiiU. I fear that the Wii's (horse)power lacking (issue) will eventually repeat itself w/ it's successor. That said, horsepower by no means does a good game make. But I'm still gonna save up for at least one of the next 3 consoles.

Edited on by Capt_N

3DS FC: 0173-1967-5074‚ô™DotheMarioKrt7 Community: 65-3522-2507-1023

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

78. Posted:

I'll be getting the Wii U and that's that. I don't have the time for all of these games, it becomes too overwhelming considering it would be an absolute videogame jungle. :p Sticking to one system and a portable during 1 generation is all I need.

Even with 'that' considering there's the Wii titles, Wii VC, WiiWare, 3DS Titles, 3DS VC, 3DSware and the continueing DSiWare(although i don't pay any attention to it, but i do need to check out WayForwards 2 Mighty titles and Shantae) makes me just wane to ditch either the Wii or 3DS and stick with 'one' gaming system(which would mean the 3DS getting the shaft since it's Consoles > Portables for me). :p But knowing me, that won't happen.

One thing is for sure, my Wii has gotten the Shredder Shaft ever since the 3DS reared it's head. Need to take a break from the 3DS and get my Wii + Retro gaming on once I'm done with RE: Revelations, Super Mario 3D Land & Mario Kart 7 that is. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

79. Posted:

How you liking 3D Land Waveboy? At first I was like wow, then it turned into a task up until the good levels. I now find it to be my favorite Mario title on handhelds, period. Though, it was pretty close to Ocarina of Time 3D being my favorite game on the handheld. So far that is.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

80. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

How you liking 3D Land Waveboy? At first I was like wow, then it turned into a task up until the good levels. I now find it to be my favorite Mario title on handhelds, period. Though, it was pretty close to Ocarina of Time 3D being my favorite game on the handheld. So far that is.

I picked it up right before Christmas, yet I haven't actually played it yet suprisingly and it's still in it's wrapping along with Skyward Sword! :p I've been too busy trying to catch up with previous 3DS and 3DSWare(Played all 5 of the 3D NES Classics along with Mighty Switch Force, Pushmo, Mutant Mudds & a bit of Zen Pinball 3D) releases since i was on a 3DS hiatus due to my wonky broken 3DS headphone input which completely mucked up the sound. So I sold it and put the money towards a new 3DS hehe. B-)

For Tonight, I'm going to bust out Contra: Operation C for the GameBoy which i've never played before. I'm having a real massive retro craving and this is exactly the type of game that can be completed in one 2 hour sitting if you're good enough. After all NO Contra is a walk in the Pac man park. ;) Short yet sweet it tis'. After that it's Resident Evil: revelations and then Super Mario 3D Land. I'm so behind in modern gaming. Whenever a big AAA title is released i end up buying it right away but don't end up playing until a couple or so months after haha. I really gotta stop that....Because as soon as i start talking about it or lay down my impressions on the game's related NL thread it's practically dead. :p

I'm such an OCD head, to the point where everything has to be perfect before i play a game. I want the experience to feel just right so it can be a great gaming memory i can look back on.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!