Forums

Topic: Will you get a wii u if the xbox 720 launches this year.

Posts 61 to 80 of 218

DarkLloyd

i'l be getting both day one

DarkLloyd

Gamesake

I'll get a Nextbox if it can pass the ladder test.
I'm sure I'll buy a Wii U eventually to preserve my Wii games.
As for Sony, I'd say a prayer for them because they've got a long hard road to redemption.

...in my pants.

DarkLloyd

Gamesake wrote:

I'll get a Nextbox if it can pass the ladder test.
I'm sure I'll buy a Wii U eventually to preserve my Wii games.
As for Sony, I'd say a prayer for them because they've got a long hard road to redemption.

wait whuuuut? o.o dont u mean microsoft has a long road to redemption or are you talking about something specfic ?

DarkLloyd

Gamesake

@BlackFira Why would you think Microsoft has a long road ahead of them?

...in my pants.

DarkLloyd

Gamesake wrote:

i was thinking of the games but its clear now that your talking about something else about sony so nevermind

DarkLloyd

czoom

I will try to get them both. If not both. Think I will go Wii-U because I need some Nintendo games In awesome 1080P.

czoom

RoryLee

Yep, I'm gonna get it no matter what.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

shingi_70

BlackFira wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

i was thinking of the games but its clear now that your talking about something else about sony so nevermind

Even with Games Mircosoft has better third party relationships than sony and has enough money to throw at any third party they aren't on good terms with. Sont doesn't have that advantage.

For all of sony's first party diversity (though i'd argue that Mircosoft has about the same diversty) only a few of their franchises are AAA and even those don't really sell or marketed as AAA titles.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Chrono_Cross

Microsoft does not have better third party relations with any publisher over Sony. Sony has more AAA exclusives on the PS3 than the Xbox 360. But if you're talking about things like receiving content way before Sony, then that's not a relationship either. That's called money.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

DarkLloyd

shingi_70 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

Even with Games Mircosoft has better third party relationships than sony and has enough money to throw at any third party they aren't on good terms with. Sont doesn't have that advantage.

For all of sony's first party diversity (though i'd argue that Mircosoft has about the same diversty) only a few of their franchises are AAA and even those don't really sell or marketed as AAA titles.

but that pissed some people off with the lack of microsoft exclusives and they are just throwing it at thirdparty for early dlc, i mean thats fine and all thier money but it couldnt hurt for them to spice it up some more, my 360 library is small compared to my other 2 consoles

Edited on by DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd

shingi_70

BlackFira wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

but that pissed some people off with the lack of microsoft exclusives and they are just throwing it at thirdparty for early dlc, i mean thats fine and all thier money but it couldnt hurt for them to spice it up some more, my 360 library is small compared to my other 2 consoles

That's true but I'm also counting XBLA. it wouldn't be that hard for mircosoft to make some new excluisves. I mean this year they have.

Halo 4
Alan Wake's american nightmare
Nexius
Haunt
Deadlight
Crimson Dragon
Diabolical Pitch
Sine Mora
Fez
Kinect Star wars
Spelunky HD
Minecraft
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor
Fable: The Journey
Hybrid
Happy Action Theater
The Splatters
Trails Evolution

I would say that they both have exclusives its just Microsoft is focusing on the DD instead of retail like sony. Though i imagne with all of rare's Ips it wouldn't be hard to diverseafity.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DarkLloyd

shingi_70 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

That's true but I'm also counting XBLA. it wouldn't be that hard for mircosoft to make some new excluisves. I mean this year they have.

Halo 4
Alan Wake's american nightmare
Nexius
Haunt
Deadlight
Crimson Dragon
Diabolical Pitch
Sine Mora
Fez
Kinect Star wars
Spelunky HD
Minecraft
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor
Fable: The Journey
Hybrid
Happy Action Theater
The Splatters
Trails Evolution

I would say that they both have exclusives its just Microsoft is focusing on the DD instead of retail like sony. Though i imagne with all of rare's Ips it wouldn't be hard to diverseafity.

its too bad i wont have a kinect at least not in this console lifetime im hoping the 720 comes with one then i can get some of the kinect titles that actually interest me

as it stands for me for the number of games i own here it is
wii-55
ps3-74
360- 25
id like to see that 360 list or 720 or microsoft library increase in the future as of now my only planned purchase for it are mass effect 3 and halo 4 its so far inbetween

Edited on by DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd

Mk_II

Yes, i will be getting a Wii U. Xbox? Never!

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Captain-N

I sent in to NLife here some time ago about this: a CNet article w/ MS saying the next "Box" won't be available until Fall 2013. A quick Google of xbox 720 gives plenty of different links on the subject of the next Xbox. This is what I found doing a quick search; it is not the same link, as I was talking about though. http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/xbox-720-not-out-this-year-...

To answer the question, I more than likely won't have enough money for either of the consoles. I should actually say "any", but I might get the next xbox, if it appeals to me. My getting the WiiU is probably a "yes", but Nintendo hasn't quite appealed to me w/ that either. Edit: I really should look at all 3 systems. The next MS system is supposed to be 20% more powerful than the WiiU. I fear that the Wii's (horse)power lacking (issue) will eventually repeat itself w/ it's successor. That said, horsepower by no means does a good game make. But I'm still gonna save up for at least one of the next 3 consoles.

Edited on by Captain-N

Captain-N

Chrono_Cross

How you liking 3D Land Waveboy? At first I was like wow, then it turned into a task up until the good levels. I now find it to be my favorite Mario title on handhelds, period. Though, it was pretty close to Ocarina of Time 3D being my favorite game on the handheld. So far that is.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Terave

I will get a Wii U. The next Xbox is going to take a while, and I can't sit here with no games for a long time.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

DanteSolablood

I'll buy the Wii U if the price is right, while I have completely skipped the Wii I do feel like there are some amazing games that I feel really missed out on... I've never felt that way about the Xbox 360.

The only thing that would really stop me from picking up a Wii U is if Sony drop the Playstation 4, but that's not likely until at least late 2014.

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

hendie001

wii u will be the only new system in my pad. bought a vita last week :< 600 plus yet all i play is my 3ds, don t know why i bought it going to sell it i think. x what

use once and destroy

John-John

Nintendo is the best and always will be. O_O My blind faith in Nintendo is unwavering.

John-John

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.