Forums

Topic: Will you get a wii u if the xbox 720 launches this year.

Posts 81 to 100 of 218

Mandoble

For me the Wii has pretty few great games while current XBox has many and will have even more, the problem is that I have most of them for PC, so having an XBoX today has little sense for me. If the new XBoX is able to match PC gaming I will go for one, it is clear that the WiiU cant.

Mandoble

Vincent294

Mandoble wrote:

For me the Wii has pretty few great games while current XBox has many and will have even more, the problem is that I have most of them for PC, so having an XBoX today has little sense for me. If the new XBoX is able to match PC gaming I will go for one, it is clear that the WiiU cant.

Dig through Ubisoft & all the other nobody lets-rip-you-off shovelware publisher's shovelware (However, Ubisoft has published Assassin's Creed & Rayman [Oh yeah, and the one that did see the Wii was milked like crazy and turned into shovelware]). My List:

• Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Both Zelda games
  • Mario Galaxy series
  • Smash Bros.
  • Wario Land
  • Wii Sports Resort
  • Wii Party
  • Goldeneye 007 (that, the original, and the HD versions of this are the only good Bond games)
  • Resident Evil 4 port
  • Sheesh, do you need more? (Yeah, I've got some more)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Xenoblade
  • The Last Story
  • Okay, you've asked for it
  • Bit. Trip series
  • World of Goo
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed
  • Yeah. Case settled.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Mandoble

Might be I'm used to the hundreds and not to the dozens, from around a hundred of Wii games I have I would consider good no more than 15 (and I consider them good in the Wii context only). 15 decent games for an usage period of five years is almost nothing, even more considering that some of these games, while being quite good, are not replayable or are quite short. As said before I'm used to PC gaming, my two Wiis are mostly used by my kids and for them the number of excellent games is no more than six: MGalaxys, Mkarts, DKongR, latests Kirby and Zelda TP, the rest are usually ignored by them. Would this situation be much different with the WiiU? I doubt it pretty much. I would expect a bare minimum of 10 excellent games per year, something quite common if you play PC, and much more diversity than what we have actually for the Wii. I dont want to suffer the current situation with the 3DS, with an output of around 3 decent games per year (I'm too generous here calling them decent).

Mandoble

19Robb92

Mandoble wrote:

It might be that I'm used to the hundreds and not the dozens. From around the hundreds of Wii games I have, I would only consider no more than 15 of them to be good (and I consider them good in the 'for the Wii' way). 15 decent games in a period of five years is almost nothing, even worse is that some of these games, while being quite good, are not replayable and are quite short.

As I said before I'm used to PC gaming, my two Wii:s are mostly used by my kids and for them the number of excellent games are no more than six. These are: MGalaxys, Mkarts, DKongR, latests Kirby and Zelda TP, the rest of the games are usually ignored by them. Would this situation be much different with the WiiU? I pretty much doubt it.

I'm expecting a bare minimum of 10 excellent games per year on a system, something quite common if you play PC, and much more diversity than what we have for the Wii. I don't want to suffer the current situation with the 3DS, with an output of around 3 decent games per year (Actually I'm being too generous here, calling them decent).

Somewhat translated.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

ToastyYogurt

The Xbox 720 probably isn't going to release this year.seeing a console released a few months after it was first announced seems kinda unlikely.

Well, I wouldn't dream of buying a 720 or whatever it will be called. I hate Microsoft's money grubbing ways. $100 dollars for a wireless adapter for the original 360? $60 a year for Xbox Live? Not to mention they rushed the 360 to market and overlooked a few problems, giving the thing an over 50% failure rate and opting with a noisy fan over something quieter. Yeah, they fixed these problems with the 360 S. FIVE. YEARS. LATER. If it takes that long to fix something for good, I don't want to be part of it.

As for when I'll buy a Wii U, I'll probably buy it when I game I eye comes out. I'm not making the same mistake I made with the 3DS, preordering it for the sake of having it first and getting a game I only kinda want with it. If there's a launch game I really want (not very likely ) then I'll preorder, if it comes with some kinda showcase game for the system (like what Wii Sports was to the Wii) consisting of some of the tech demo games from last E3, then maybe I'll preorder it.
That might be good to pass the time while I wait for a good full game to get.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

ToastyYogurt

Mandoble wrote:

Might be I'm used to the hundreds and not to the dozens, from around a hundred of Wii games I have I would consider good no more than 15 (and I consider them good in the Wii context only). 15 decent games for an usage period of five years is almost nothing, even more considering that some of these games, while being quite good, are not replayable or are quite short. As said before I'm used to PC gaming, my two Wiis are mostly used by my kids and for them the number of excellent games is no more than six: MGalaxys, Mkarts, DKongR, latests Kirby and Zelda TP, the rest are usually ignored by them. Would this situation be much different with the WiiU? I doubt it pretty much. I would expect a bare minimum of 10 excellent games per year, something quite common if you play PC, and much more diversity than what we have actually for the Wii. I dont want to suffer the current situation with the 3DS, with an output of around 3 decent games per year (I'm too generous here calling them decent).

15 games is a nice number for a small-medium collection. And if the games are worth playing, it doesn't really matter how many good games there are, as long as playing the good ones is worthwhile. I'm a PC gamer too, and I only buy Nintendo consoles because of Nintendo's great games.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

shingi_70

VincentV wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

Dig through Ubisoft & all the other nobody lets-rip-you-off shovelware publisher's shovelware (However, Ubisoft has published Assassin's Creed & Rayman [Oh yeah, and the one that did see the Wii was milked like crazy and turned into shovelware]). My List:

• Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Both Zelda games
  • Mario Galaxy series
  • Smash Bros.
  • Wario Land
  • Wii Sports Resort
  • Wii Party
  • Goldeneye 007 (that, the original, and the HD versions of this are the only good Bond games)
  • Resident Evil 4 port
  • Sheesh, do you need more? (Yeah, I've got some more)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Xenoblade
  • The Last Story
  • Okay, you've asked for it
  • Bit. Trip series
  • World of Goo
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed
  • Yeah. Case settled.

That's really not alot of games and force unleashed doesn't count because it isn't exclusive and you can find better versions on the HD systems.

Is charging $100 for a wireless adapter any worse than charnging insane prices for memory. I mean its not like you just couldn't plug your 360 up. and Live is highly subjective. I don't agree with charging for gaming but Live still brings a better offer than PSN.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I'd get an xbox because Microsoft makes real games for real gamers!

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

CanisWolfred

Nah, even despite my own grumbling, the Wii still has plenty of great games. I love most of the Wii games I own.

@shinji_70

Yes, paying $100 for a wireless adapter is horrible. There are plenty of people who can't hook up their system to a wired connection (college dudes for instance, aka their main demographic). I'm honestly glad the redesign includes Wireless functionality built in, like there should've been in the first place.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

I'd get an xbox because Microsoft makes real games for real gamers!

O RLY
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Order-Sol wrote:

Nah, even despite my own grumbling, the Wii still has plenty of great games. I love most of the Wii games I own.

@shinji_70

Yes, paying $100 for a wireless adapter is horrible. There are plenty of people who can't hook up their system to a wired connection (college dudes for instance, aka their main demographic). I'm honestly glad the redesign includes Wireless functionality built in, like there should've been in the first place.

No doubt it should have been.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

Srs. I hope Microsoft really takes their time with the next Xbox. Nobody wants them to rush the console out the door like they did with the 360 again.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mandoble

Remember that the only one with a dead home console and in high risk of rushing something in a hurry is just Nintendo, the other two consoles are plenty of life and dont need any urgent replacement.

Mandoble

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

Remember that the only one with a dead home console and in high risk of rushing something in a hurry is just Nintendo, the other two consoles are plenty of life and dont need any urgent replacement.

Give it a rest will you.

He does have a point. While 'm personally read for Next-gen the 360/PS3 haven't hit their walls yet and could go on for another year or so. The Wii doesn't have that advantge at all. Nintendo had to be the first out the gate for next gen.

WAT!

Mandoble

WaveBoy wrote:

I guarantee has been practically missing out on all of big titles, i guarantee he's hardly played much on the console to begin with, so his negative feedback towards the wii is unvalid.

Oh, so you guarantee that? Your arguments have been always of an alarming weakness, but this one is really hilarious. BTW, I didnt miss any of these that you are still missing. I wonder why you are always looking for my posts and then replying to them with that level of nonsense, some kind of trauma or frustration? Too much maxed out 3D play time?

Mandoble

shingi_70

I'd even see the back catalog is [ure subjective. I'm getting a Wii U based on the fact that i've never owned a wii and i'lll have alot to play. Now take some pf nintendo's more faithful who buys nintendo only have to be feeling the drought set in.

But Yeah the Wii Still has a few exclusives coming this year depending on what NOA wants to do.

Mario Party 9
Rhythm Heaven
Xenoblade
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower (hopefully)
Fatal Frame II remake (likely considering Spirit Camera)
La-Mulana

Its not a lot compared too the other systems this year but it looks like enough to get the Wii Through the summer and focusing on the Wii U.

WAT!

19Robb92

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

Give it a rest will you.

He does have a point. While 'm personally read for Next-gen the 360/PS3 haven't hit their walls yet and could go on for another year or so. The Wii doesn't have that advantge at all. Nintendo had to be the first out the gate for next gen.

I disagree with that completely. While they are better than Wii (obviously) they still look like crap nowadays. If you compare them to todays PC games like The Witcher 2 they feel outdated as hell. Even one year is pushing it IMO.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

shingi_70

19Robb92 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

Give it a rest will you.

I disagree with that completely. While they are better than Wii (obviously) they still look like crap nowadays. If you compare them to todays PC games like The Witcher 2 they feel outdated as hell. Even one year is pushing it IMO.

Witcher 2 is on 360.

and then your speaking of a game that's optimized and the lead platform was the PC. And were talking systems with fixed settings so the whole "My PC is Uber Fantastic as long as I keep stuff up to date or buy a new one every other year to run stuff at max settings" doesn't apply here.

WAT!

Mandoble

You are pretty right 19Robb92, the question is, will any of the next gen consoles be able to close the gap with the PCs? (BTW, you took a pretty extreme example with the Witcher 2, 90% of current gaming PCs are able to run it only in the lowest detail settings and even tweaking them to be even lower, anyway and dont ask me how, they plan to release it for 360 this year).

Mandoble

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.