Wii U Forum

Topic: WiiU dual analog sticks or dual touch pads?

Showing 41 to 59 of 59

AuthorMessage
Avatar

froslo

41. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

You wouldn't have dual touch with the wii u. Currently it uses a resistive screen so unless nintendo changes it it can't be used.

Lame. This could have been the one system worth paying $300+. It could easily have all these features to improve gaming rather than simply making games look better.

froslo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

42. Posted:

I just hope they give me the option to use Wiimote and Nunchukk for FPS :)

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NotFinite

43. Posted:

I would pay extra for a Wii U controller with analog sticks and multi-touch.

NotFinite

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NX01Trekkie1992

44. Posted:

NotFinite wrote:

I would pay extra for a Wii U controller with analog sticks and multi-touch.

Nintendo seems to have this thing against multi-touch though, sad really, it's the superior technology

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

45. Posted:

YashaStepanovic wrote:

NotFinite wrote:

I would pay extra for a Wii U controller with analog sticks and multi-touch.

Nintendo seems to have this thing against multi-touch though, sad really, it's the superior technology

Depends on the type of touch screen that is being used. Capacitive screens (the kind found on iPhones, iPads, etc.) are more durable than resistive screens (the kind that the DS and 3DS use). I hate how the 3DS touch screen warps from constant use.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NX01Trekkie1992

46. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

YashaStepanovic wrote:

NotFinite wrote:

I would pay extra for a Wii U controller with analog sticks and multi-touch.

Nintendo seems to have this thing against multi-touch though, sad really, it's the superior technology

Depends on the type of touch screen that is being used. Capacitive screens (the kind found on iPhones, iPads, etc.) are more durable than resistive screens (the kind that the DS and 3DS use). I hate how the 3DS touch screen warps from constant use.

exactly why I call it superior technology

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

47. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

I just hope they give me the option to use Wiimote and Nunchukk for FPS :)

I've been ranting about this forever. If they don't I'll be incredibly pissed....I'm sure many of you would be more heart broken than a Princess Peach gone peachy.er? lol

Seriously though i will never use analog sticks for anything 3rd or first person related again....It's the Wii remote/Nunchuck or nothing.Games that require pointing would work better in general than using the Wii U Controller to aim anyways.

And as for the inevitable Zelda Wii U.....Why in the hell would i want to go from Skyward Swords awesome & immersive 1:1 Sword Combat motion controls and the like to the press of a button on the Wii u controller? Talk about a massive step back....But hey guess what? Instead i can use the Wii U controllers touch screen with my fingers to select items in Links Hand bag . Sigh* :|

Then again, that does sound cool. :p And I'm sure Nintendo will bust out tons of brilliant and creative ideas, but i don't think i could give up the skyward Controls over that.....Hopefully they implement Wii Remote Plus/Nunchuck as an alternative control scheme for most of the games, so we can select what we like.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

48. Posted:

It sucks a bit that the Wii U controller won't have multi-touch but it's not THAT big of a loss. With gameses and outside of games that emulate controllers there isn't that much reason for it. Most games just use it for one dimensional movements like selecting items or translating items (i.e. moving and not scaling or rotating) in 2D space.

........... if you ignore games like fruit ninja or any game that requires constant use of a large map you don't lose anything

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

49. Posted:

skywake wrote:

It sucks a bit that the Wii U controller won't have multi-touch but it's not THAT big of a loss. With gameses and outside of games that emulate controllers there isn't that much reason for it. Most games just use it for one dimensional movements like selecting items or translating items (i.e. moving and not scaling or rotating) in 2D space.

........... if you ignore games like fruit ninja or any game that requires constant use of a large map you don't lose anything

You do know Fruit Ninja could be played with a resistive screen right?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

50. Posted:

id like both but whats this about nintendo not liking the multitouch im reading about on here?

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

51. Posted:

@shingi_70
yes but it's designed for multitouch and works better with multi-touch.....

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jamouse

52. Posted:

Multitouch is cool but i thought couldn't use a stylus or anything like that on it, only your finger. This means that:
1: Not as accurate as with stylus
2: Greasy screen
Please correct me if i am wrong :D

Jamouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

53. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

I just hope they give me the option to use Wiimote and Nunchukk for FPS :)

I've been ranting about this forever. If they don't I'll be incredibly pissed....I'm sure many of you would be more heart broken than a Princess Peach gone peachy.er? lol

Seriously though i will never use analog sticks for anything 3rd or first person related again....It's the Wii remote/Nunchuck or nothing.Games that require pointing would work better in general than using the Wii U Controller to aim anyways.

And as for the inevitable Zelda Wii U.....Why in the hell would i want to go from Skyward Swords awesome & immersive 1:1 Sword Combat motion controls and the like to the press of a button on the Wii u controller? Talk about a massive step back....But hey guess what? Instead i can use the Wii U controllers touch screen with my fingers to select items in Links Hand bag . Sigh* :|

Then again, that does sound cool. :p And I'm sure Nintendo will bust out tons of brilliant and creative ideas, but i don't think i could give up the skyward Controls over that.....Hopefully they implement Wii Remote Plus/Nunchuck as an alternative control scheme for most of the games, so we can select what we like.

Agree 10000000000000000%

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

54. Posted:

yeah it'd be a huge dissappointment if we lose Wiimotes. Especially since Wii Motion Plus has barely been used.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TCJester

55. Posted:

Well since this topic "ended," the Wii U has been out, I wondering if opinions have changed or not.

Personally I'm irritated by the controls, but that said I've also not had alot of experience with then as yet.
I foind myself agreeing with this article.
http://www.destructoid.com/is-the-dual-stick-controller-a-gam...

TCJester

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperJoon

56. Posted:

Jamouse wrote:

Multitouch is cool but i thought couldn't use a stylus or anything like that on it, only your finger. This means that:
1: Not as accurate as with stylus
2: Greasy screen
Please correct me if i am wrong :D

Not correct. You can use special soft ended styluses. I have one i use for my iPhone and iPad.

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

57. Posted:

You don't even need dual touch screens to come close to mouse accuracy...just one is enough. Metroid Prime: Hunters is a great example of an FPS with great touchscreen/stylus controls.
One touch screen can come pretty close to mouse accuracy, because you have precise control over the movement of your stylus, similar to a mouse. They're very similar if you think about it, the only real difference is comfort, and you can't click with a stylus.
Analog sticks provide less control, but come on, they're not INFERIOR if you're good with them. Call of Duty is one of the few FPS's out there that provides high enough sensitivity for aiming to almost be comparable to a mouse. Of course mouse is always the best option, but touch screens could come pretty close, while analog sticks aren't far behind.

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

58. Posted:

I've never played with a mouse, soooo...
I do like dual analog though. I think Halo and Gears if War use them the best. The blind fire and no scope on Halo push you to be able to make shots real quick while maintaining a steady trigger rate.

I used to play Metroid Prime Hunters for DS with the touch controls as well(before everyone started using action replay to cheat for DS games online). Those were pretty good. There were times when you had to reset your aim by centering on the touch screen again, but it worked pretty well, and everyone was using the same control scheme so it didn't really matter.

MPHunters is the closest you can get to Halo's multiplayer on a Nintendo system as far as I'm aware. It was pretty buggy, but it was fun.

This thread is pretty old... I can get used to any control scheme pretty easily, so it doesn't matter as long as I like the game.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

59. Posted:

I like Mouse + Keyboard over everything , its simply not only more accurate but its quicker and you have more control . However when it comes to consoles, the only thing i didnt mind with a FPS on a console was Prime 3 which did an amazing job for FPS controls .

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz