Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Showing 401 to 420 of 576

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

401. Posted:

Popo_man wrote:

Am I the only person here who hasn't had any problems with anything?

I had a major problem.

That being I can't use the thing until Christmas.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RetroGBHippie92

402. Posted:

Ya know what i'm annoyed about? the fact that we here in Australasia won't get any streaming services for neither the Wii U or the 3DS. I've emailed this company, ironically called QuickFlix, about bringing their streaming service to both devices, since they already have it for PS3 and 360, haven't heard back yet but I'm sure the answer wil be no.
I'm just annoyed because i'm paying literally the same amount of dosh, but we aren't getting these extra services because they aren't available here and that sucks. I'm hoping we at least get Youtube, but even that's unlikely.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

True_Hero

403. Posted:

I've been playing the Wii U all afternoon with my family and I have got to say I am really impressed. Nintendo Land is a much deeper experience than I originally expected. The Game Pad is a superb controller and is used excellently. My only small complaint is the loading times between screens. However, it is possible that that issue will be resolved with future updates. Way to go, Nintendo! :)

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super-Mario-Fan

404. Posted:

FUUUUUU- >=( I store has Wii U's in stock right now but my stupid parents don't to buy it online right now!! They know that they run out fast and eerything but they don't want to buy it!!!!AHSJVYFKEICUWUKCUCKRYG56X86MO68........... im seriously bummed right now............ :(

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dragonfly224

405. Posted:

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

FUUUUUU- >=( I store has Wii U's in stock right now but my stupid parents don't to buy it online right now!! They know that they run out fast and eerything but they don't want to buy it!!!!AHSJVYFKEICUWUKCUCKRYG56X86MO68........... im seriously bummed right now............ :(

In stock? Which website?

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel
Gamertag: Dragonfly224
Playstation Network ID: Tonbo224

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super-Mario-Fan

406. Posted:

Dragonfly224 wrote:

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

FUUUUUU- >=( I store has Wii U's in stock right now but my stupid parents don't to buy it online right now!! They know that they run out fast and eerything but they don't want to buy it!!!!AHSJVYFKEICUWUKCUCKRYG56X86MO68........... im seriously bummed right now............ :(

In stock? Which website?

ehhhhhhhh........ I don't want to tell...... Im hoping for them to still be in stock for tommorow since my parents are being impossible right now......... I really wish I could help but but- Ack X( Im sorry..........

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

AuthorMessage
Avatar

blackside

407. Posted:

Hahaa Super-Mario_fan replied again but then deleted their post.

It was: "ohh I suppose im being selfish, its Gamestop"

blackside

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dragonfly224

408. Posted:

blackside wrote:

Hahaa Super-Mario_fan replied again but then deleted their post.

It was: "ohh I suppose im being selfish, its Gamestop"

I see. I'll be waiting till Friday though.
Thank you blackside :)

Edited on by Dragonfly224

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel
Gamertag: Dragonfly224
Playstation Network ID: Tonbo224

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

409. Posted:

Void wrote:

skywake wrote:

Void wrote:

With my 1.5 or so MB per second internet speed it might update in 3 hours. :|
Ah well, I can wait a few additional hours, I've been waiting for like.. What, +2 years now? :P

Actually it's only a 1GB download apparently. People are reporting that it's taking about an hour and the average internet speed is around 9Mbps. So there are two possible ways to look at this.

If it's downloading it at full speed and then that means you're waiting for the console to verify stuffs so about 45mins of that hour doesn't involve downloading. In that case you'll be waiting for about 2hours 15mins on your what I'm going to assume is 1.5Mbps (not "1.5MB") 'nets. If however the server was loaded at the time and people were limited to ~2.2Mbps as a result it means you'd only have to wait 1hour 30mins.... while everyone is by then only waiting 15mins.

Uh, didn't I say "1.5 or so MB per second?" :|
I did assume I would only 'get' about 1 mbps so I wasn't too far off, and for some reason my internet seems to go slower than that actually, even when nobody is using it...

1.5MBps is 12Mbps so I assumed you meant 1.5Mbps even though you said ~1.5MBps... because Mbps is how you measure internet speed and I doubt you'd be complaining as much about 12Mbps. Still, with 'nets that slow you'll probably be waiting between 1.5 and 2.5hrs. Not as bad as it could have been if it was a 5GB update as people originally thought.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

410. Posted:

Sooo... this system is amazing in every single way. I am in love!

Nintendo in HD... ma gawd how did we wait so long?

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Inazuma_Pikpik

411. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

I've been playing the Wii U all afternoon with my family and I have got to say I am really impressed. Nintendo Land is a much deeper experience than I originally expected. The Game Pad is a superb controller and is used excellently. My only small complaint is the loading times between screens. However, it is possible that that issue will be resolved with future updates. Way to go, Nintendo! :)

It is sad when we have gotten to the point where we complain about load times. Think about the people that have to struggle to not starve to death ot die of dehydration. Their problems make long load times look like a godsend.

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining tacos out there.
"There's no such thing as no such thing."
-Greed

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ahaug1

412. Posted:

When we're talking about consoles, it's a common thing to complain about the load time. Why do u include world problems into this? We weren't talking about food, and this means that u can't complain about the weather if it's .... If it's raining as ... outside I can't complain because poor people would have been happy if it happened in their sunny place. This doesn't make sense... I have respect for people who starvs to death and understand their life is tough, but your point here was ridiculous!

Edited on by theblackdragon

ahaug1

Twitter: gristamp

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Inazuma_Pikpik

413. Posted:

It just seems sad to me when we get to the point that we complain it takes 10 seconds for our shiny new consoles to turn on. Think about how lucky you are that you have the money to play and buy video games in the first place.

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining tacos out there.
"There's no such thing as no such thing."
-Greed

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

blackside

414. Posted:

Popo_man wrote:

It just seems sad to me when we get to the point that we complain it takes 10 seconds for our shiny new consoles to turn on. Think about how lucky you are that you have the money to play and buy video games in the first place.

Why even get a Wii U then. You could help starving kids with the money, and just play on your old wii while thanking your lucky stars that you have the money to buy and play video games.

blackside

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RetroGBHippie92

415. Posted:

@Popo_man While you may have a valid point, however the point of this thread is to keep on the topic and you were deviating a little. Plus what you were talking about was actually pretty unrelated. Just in future, don't try and reach for those types of topics otherwise TBD may lock the thread.

Anyway some of us are saving really hard and some have already done just that. I think we should just enjoy what we've got now and not worry about the little details too much. Well @Popo_Man if you have to worry about someone, worry about me, because my parents are allowing me to buy a Wii U because I'm having surgery in hospital soon and since i'm not gonna be able to do much for at least a month, they agreed to let me buy it.

Back on topic, I may've mentioned before about what i'm gonna get, I'm most likely getting the Premium Bundle, plus New Super Mario Bros. U and Zombi U. As far as I've heard, those are some of the best launch titles. I'm not sure myself on those Wii U ports like Assasins Creed III or Batman Arkham City though, some of these games are new and some are old or 'game of the year' editions tweaked for the new control scheme. I'm not a huge fan of the PS3 or 360 and even though they've brought them over to the Wii U, i'm still a bit skeptical because I've never really played a ton of games designed for HD systems. Can you really believe I've never owned an HD system up until the Wii U? I know they'd be others like me out there who've held off buying one until now, well at least i'm not the first.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

416. Posted:

Yeah, the "people are starving" argument is an oft abused strawman. You can't complain when there's a pothole on your road, when a website breaks or when you pay good money to go see a movie and it turns out to be horrendous because some people have it worse. First world problems. You argue that it's a good idea for the gov' to invest in road and rail and you get people saying they should scrap it and spend more money on hospitals.

The truth is we wouldn't be where we are if there weren't people complaining about things. We built shelter because people complained about exposure. We made bread because people complained that tree roots and animal meat wasn't good enough. We rode chariots because people complained about walking. We made cars and trains because horses weren't good enough. We build power networks because we didn't want to live in the dark. We built the internet because.... the US was scared of Russia....

So complain we must even if it's something stupid like the ten second load time on a console from Japan.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Inazuma_Pikpik

417. Posted:

I didn't mean for my post to derail this topic, so back to the Wii U. I do admit the loading times can be a little annoying, and I know that me saying this is hypocritical.

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining tacos out there.
"There's no such thing as no such thing."
-Greed

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

418. Posted:

Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Inazuma_Pikpik

419. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Untitled

I wonder who took that picture...

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining tacos out there.
"There's no such thing as no such thing."
-Greed

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

True_Hero

420. Posted:

Sheesh! I was just posting my impressions of Wii U and everyone goes bananas!
Anywho, I am enjoying the Game Pad more than I originally thought I would. I can't way to see how future titles use it.

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero