Forums

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Posts 401 to 420 of 561

blackside

Popo_man wrote:

It just seems sad to me when we get to the point that we complain it takes 10 seconds for our shiny new consoles to turn on. Think about how lucky you are that you have the money to play and buy video games in the first place.

Why even get a Wii U then. You could help starving kids with the money, and just play on your old wii while thanking your lucky stars that you have the money to buy and play video games.

blackside

RetroGBHippie92

@Popo_man While you may have a valid point, however the point of this thread is to keep on the topic and you were deviating a little. Plus what you were talking about was actually pretty unrelated. Just in future, don't try and reach for those types of topics otherwise TBD may lock the thread.

Anyway some of us are saving really hard and some have already done just that. I think we should just enjoy what we've got now and not worry about the little details too much. Well @Popo_Man if you have to worry about someone, worry about me, because my parents are allowing me to buy a Wii U because I'm having surgery in hospital soon and since i'm not gonna be able to do much for at least a month, they agreed to let me buy it.

Back on topic, I may've mentioned before about what i'm gonna get, I'm most likely getting the Premium Bundle, plus New Super Mario Bros. U and Zombi U. As far as I've heard, those are some of the best launch titles. I'm not sure myself on those Wii U ports like Assasins Creed III or Batman Arkham City though, some of these games are new and some are old or 'game of the year' editions tweaked for the new control scheme. I'm not a huge fan of the PS3 or 360 and even though they've brought them over to the Wii U, i'm still a bit skeptical because I've never really played a ton of games designed for HD systems. Can you really believe I've never owned an HD system up until the Wii U? I know they'd be others like me out there who've held off buying one until now, well at least i'm not the first.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

skywake

Yeah, the "people are starving" argument is an oft abused strawman. You can't complain when there's a pothole on your road, when a website breaks or when you pay good money to go see a movie and it turns out to be horrendous because some people have it worse. First world problems. You argue that it's a good idea for the gov' to invest in road and rail and you get people saying they should scrap it and spend more money on hospitals.

The truth is we wouldn't be where we are if there weren't people complaining about things. We built shelter because people complained about exposure. We made bread because people complained that tree roots and animal meat wasn't good enough. We rode chariots because people complained about walking. We made cars and trains because horses weren't good enough. We build power networks because we didn't want to live in the dark. We built the internet because.... the US was scared of Russia....

So complain we must even if it's something stupid like the ten second load time on a console from Japan.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TsunamiSensei

I didn't mean for my post to derail this topic, so back to the Wii U. I do admit the loading times can be a little annoying, and I know that me saying this is hypocritical.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Happy_Mask

Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

TsunamiSensei

Happy_Mask wrote:

Untitled

I wonder who took that picture...

-Skeletor

Auracle

Sheesh! I was just posting my impressions of Wii U and everyone goes bananas!
Anywho, I am enjoying the Game Pad more than I originally thought I would. I can't way to see how future titles use it.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Xilef

The launch games for Europe has been confirmed. It looks pretty much the same as the US one except it's laking Ninja Gaiden and Scribblenauts. http://loading.se/news.php?pub_id=22387 (The site is in Swedish, but you can se the list anyway. Wasn't able to find the original source.) Very, very happy that Darksiders 2 is one there!

Xilef

Super-Mario-Fan

........ Sorry everyone..... Yes I did get out of control kinda. I only deleted it because no one responded....Yes they have some at gamestop but now they only have white. Im not a noob..... I just have this tendency to overreact...... I really hope everyone can forgive me......

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

PinkSpider

IGN reviewed the Wii U console and gave it a 7,6 seems very low, I wonder what they gave the xbox 360 and PS3
In reflection its only 1.3 higher than there review for ZombieU lol and they hated that

Edited on by PinkSpider

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

e-love

Not trying to go back to a topic we don't need to get into, but:

I really am thankful that I even have a Wii U. You know, admid all the load times I realized that. Not even going down the path of all the world problems, but there's people here on NintendoLife that I know really wanted one but couldn't get one. I'm happy I got mine day 1, and just having one at all.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Make sure to stop playing your shiny new Ninty systems (just for a little while) to spend time with your family and friends!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

RetroGBHippie92

PinkSpider wrote:

IGN reviewed the Wii U console and gave it a 7,6 seems very low, I wonder what they gave the xbox 360 and PS3
In reflection its only 1.3 higher than there review for ZombieU lol and they hated that

I stopped trusting IGN years ago, I'd rate the console at least 8.5, if not more but I don't have mine just yet of course. IGN for starters, barely reviews any Nintendo games and they're pretty biased considering they're owned by Fox. Is there any mainstream media that actually backs Nintendo ? If so I'd like to know.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery

ItsFuzzyPickles

Honestly not too interested right now. The only three games I actually want are Ninja Gaiden III, Bayonetta 2, and Super Smash Bros. 4 and I'm going to hold off until next year when the problems surrounding the Wii U are fading away. Perhaps E3 2013 will bring in a Star Fox or a F-zero, but (call me crazy) I've come to stop expecting them after being bitterly disappointed with E3 2012.

I stopped trusting IGN years ago, I'd rate the console at least 8.5, if not more but I don't have mine just yet of course. IGN for starters, barely reviews any Nintendo games and they're pretty biased considering they're owned by Fox. Is there any mainstream media that actually backs Nintendo ? If so I'd like to know.

...Fox News. Does this ring a bell?

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

TsunamiSensei

Emaan wrote:

Make sure to stop playing your shiny new Ninty systems (just for a little while) to spend time with your family and friends!

By my shiny new Ninty system is my family...( I kid, I kid,)

-Skeletor

e-love

I could care less what IGN or any other site thinks of the Wii U.

I freaking love it, is that not what matters?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

GeePers

Emaan wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving! Today's been a great time to test out the system with family and friends. We had a pretty good NintendoLand marathon going on during most of the day.

Wii U Nintendo ID: GeePers

skywake

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

ooooh, conspiracy hats

The fact that you don't have one yet kinda means you're not allowed to comment on it. Thems the rules. For all us non-WiiU-Owners could know the loading times could be quite infuriating and these Nintendo fanboys on this forum could just be trying to defend it. The fact is the launch lineup, as cool as it is to have HD Mario and Nintendo Land, isn't why we're buying this thing. Currently there isn't a game we would say people should run out and get a Wii U for like Wii Sports or Twilight Princess at the Wii's launch. We're all waiting for that game but it's not there yet. So their criticisms are justified.

From what I've heard I wouldn't be giving it a high score for its launch. High scores are a recommendation that people who aren't committed to getting it yet should get one. I don't think the Wii U is at that point yet, right now it's just for the most dedicated Nintendo gamers. Then again I don't own one either so I might be equally as wrong.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DarkNinja9

anyone know when the next wii u stock is suppose to happen? i thought was suppose to be this week for black friday

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AgitoXth

DarkNinja9 wrote:

anyone know when the next wii u stock is suppose to happen? i thought was suppose to be this week for black friday

Try going instore as early as possible? It is Black Friday after all, retailer would be crazy not to stock up on such a day. Good luck =]

AgitoXth

RetroGBHippie92

skywake wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

The fact that you don't have one yet kinda means you're not allowed to comment on it. Thems the rules.

Well should I have to own it first? Besides,I'm getting the machine for Xmas AND I've demo'd the console much like most of you probably have, so therefore I'm allowed an opinion, either way you're allowed to have your opinion, but it doesn't mean it's fact..
Perhaps you can't find any games you like, however I'm actually really excited to pick up my Wii U. i'm really looking forward to getting New Super Mario Bros. U and Zombi U, so don't go judging unless you've actually played any of them.
Anyway the reviews are subjective, but I love the machine already and having tried it prior to buying, it convinced me to save up my hard earned cash and im gonna get it as soon as possible, though I won't open it until Xmas day.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.