Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Showing 381 to 400 of 576

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

381. Posted:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Are WiiWare and VC games on the eShop yet?

They aren't on the Eshop. You access them by going to the wii shop channel in wii mode.

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

382. Posted:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Are WiiWare and VC games on the eShop yet?

They aren't on the Eshop. You access them by going to the wii shop channel in wii mode.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

383. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

Emaan wrote:

Charming is the pefect word. This system has personality!

It's no wonder, that the Wii U software director is the same director for the Animal Crossing games. Everything from the music to the visuals, even in the menus, is full of charm. :D

Agreed. I love the OS, menus, Miiverse, and little touches throughout. I have no complaints (haven't seen a crash yet either, so I guess I'm just fortunate).

I like to just watch people's comments and drawings pop up on the main menu in the Wara Wara Plaza. I'm enjoying Miiverse much more than I originally thought. This console has a element of fun and community to it that no Nintendo console has had before.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

OracleOfTruth

384. Posted:

My Wii U just arrived! I'm so excited! :D

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

Ryno

385. Posted:

@True_Hero: Awesome, have fun!

Alright, dumb question I know, but how do I do the drawings that pop up in the Plaza? I have spent much time with my Wii U despite having it since Monday.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

386. Posted:

Oh geez...doing the update...hopefully nothing will go wrong. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

387. Posted:

This tin Case B-) I think it might of been a FutureShop/BestBuy Online 'Preorder exclusive.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

And i managed to find a 60" S34 2011 Panasonic 1080p Plasma in my area. It went for $1500 and I'm getting it for $850 in a few days. It's rocking 1 frame/16ms of lag when gaming, so I'm a happy Brewster. The only downside is that it's not 3D. And for me that's a real Bummer. Oh well, i could always upgrade whenever the 2013 Panny's come out down the line IF the input lag is lower than their dissapointing 2012 Plasma lineup. But for now I'm pretty psyched considering i lucked out and found one of these at the last minute before the Launch of the WiiU(which i still haven't unboxed btw), plus it's 60" :D

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

388. Posted:

@IAmNotWill
You have to go into Wii mode and download them from the old Wii shop.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Ryno

389. Posted:

Wish I knew about that tin, it is pretty slick. Glad to hear you got a mega HD TV. I guess those 3D fishies will be staying at my house for a little longer. :P

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Void

390. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Void wrote:

With my 1.5 or so MB per second internet speed it might update in 3 hours. :|
Ah well, I can wait a few additional hours, I've been waiting for like.. What, +2 years now? :P

Actually it's only a 1GB download apparently. People are reporting that it's taking about an hour and the average internet speed is around 9Mbps. So there are two possible ways to look at this.

If it's downloading it at full speed and then that means you're waiting for the console to verify stuffs so about 45mins of that hour doesn't involve downloading. In that case you'll be waiting for about 2hours 15mins on your what I'm going to assume is 1.5Mbps (not "1.5MB") 'nets. If however the server was loaded at the time and people were limited to ~2.2Mbps as a result it means you'd only have to wait 1hour 30mins.... while everyone is by then only waiting 15mins.

Uh, didn't I say "1.5 or so MB per second?" :|
I did assume I would only 'get' about 1 mbps so I wasn't too far off, and for some reason my internet seems to go slower than that actually, even when nobody is using it...
@WaveBoy Man, thats awsome. :o

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

391. Posted:

Not doing this yet, but does anybody know about the transfer deal? If I like put the games and savedata I want to keep on the Wii and then transfer everything else, will it still work on my Wii? Because I want to keep some things on my Wii...

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

392. Posted:

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! So a few days ago my dear mother put me on the Gamestop Wii U wait list. Well tomorrow is Birthday and the chances of me getting a Deluxe Set Wii U were looking grimmer and grimmer by the hour until ten minutes ago Gamestop called and set they had one! While I can't play until tomorrow I so happy right now!!!! Can't wait till tommrow to play it.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

393. Posted:

Master_Ryno wrote:

Wish I knew about that tin, it is pretty slick. Glad to hear you got a mega HD TV. I guess those 3D fishies will be staying at my house for a little longer. :P

Yeah, the Tin case is alright. But it looks like bland minimalistic s*** thanks to the boring white background compared to the actual NSMB.U Box Art which has a lot more going and is far more exciting. :p But it was free, so i can't complain.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

394. Posted:

My Wii U has finally arrived by mail!!

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

willobee

395. Posted:

My harddrive refuses to run games, because it isn't getting enough power... Note to everyone, buy one with its own power plug like Iwata said!

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

Emaan

396. Posted:

Its the little things about Nintendo that make them so magical.

I've really enjoyed the menu music on the 3DS, but this Wii U music is just wonderful! These are both from the Mii Maker.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Super-Mario-Fan

397. Posted:

Im going to put myself on a wait list......

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

AuthorMessage

Ryno

398. Posted:

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

Im going to put myself on a wait list......

What took you so long? :)

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

399. Posted:

Am I the only person here who hasn't had any problems with anything?

AuthorMessage

Ryno

400. Posted:

I haven't had any problems yet Popo_man.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery