Forums

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Posts 381 to 400 of 561

noname001

My harddrive refuses to run games, because it isn't getting enough power... Note to everyone, buy one with its own power plug like Iwata said!

noname001

e-love

Its the little things about Nintendo that make them so magical.

I've really enjoyed the menu music on the 3DS, but this Wii U music is just wonderful! These are both from the Mii Maker.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Super-Mario-Fan

Im going to put myself on a wait list......

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

Ryno

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

Im going to put myself on a wait list......

What took you so long?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

TsunamiSensei

Am I the only person here who hasn't had any problems with anything?

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Ryno

I haven't had any problems yet Popo_man.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

TysonOfTime

Popo_man wrote:

Am I the only person here who hasn't had any problems with anything?

I had a major problem.

That being I can't use the thing until Christmas.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

RetroGBHippie92

Ya know what i'm annoyed about? the fact that we here in Australasia won't get any streaming services for neither the Wii U or the 3DS. I've emailed this company, ironically called QuickFlix, about bringing their streaming service to both devices, since they already have it for PS3 and 360, haven't heard back yet but I'm sure the answer wil be no.
I'm just annoyed because i'm paying literally the same amount of dosh, but we aren't getting these extra services because they aren't available here and that sucks. I'm hoping we at least get Youtube, but even that's unlikely.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Auracle

I've been playing the Wii U all afternoon with my family and I have got to say I am really impressed. Nintendo Land is a much deeper experience than I originally expected. The Game Pad is a superb controller and is used excellently. My only small complaint is the loading times between screens. However, it is possible that that issue will be resolved with future updates. Way to go, Nintendo!

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Super-Mario-Fan

FUUUUUU- >=( I store has Wii U's in stock right now but my stupid parents don't to buy it online right now!! They know that they run out fast and eerything but they don't want to buy it!!!!AHSJVYFKEICUWUKCUCKRYG56X86MO68........... im seriously bummed right now............

Dragonfly224

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

FUUUUUU- >=( I store has Wii U's in stock right now but my stupid parents don't to buy it online right now!! They know that they run out fast and eerything but they don't want to buy it!!!!AHSJVYFKEICUWUKCUCKRYG56X86MO68........... im seriously bummed right now............

In stock? Which website?

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

Super-Mario-Fan

Dragonfly224 wrote:

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

In stock? Which website?

ehhhhhhhh........ I don't want to tell...... Im hoping for them to still be in stock for tommorow since my parents are being impossible right now......... I really wish I could help but but- Ack X( Im sorry..........

blackside

Hahaa Super-Mario_fan replied again but then deleted their post.

It was: "ohh I suppose im being selfish, its Gamestop"

blackside

Dragonfly224

blackside wrote:

Hahaa Super-Mario_fan replied again but then deleted their post.

It was: "ohh I suppose im being selfish, its Gamestop"

I see. I'll be waiting till Friday though.
Thank you blackside

Edited on by Dragonfly224

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

skywake

Void wrote:

skywake wrote:

Void wrote:

With my 1.5 or so MB per second internet speed it might update in 3 hours.
Ah well, I can wait a few additional hours, I've been waiting for like.. What, +2 years now?

Actually it's only a 1GB download apparently. People are reporting that it's taking about an hour and the average internet speed is around 9Mbps. So there are two possible ways to look at this.

If it's downloading it at full speed and then that means you're waiting for the console to verify stuffs so about 45mins of that hour doesn't involve downloading. In that case you'll be waiting for about 2hours 15mins on your what I'm going to assume is 1.5Mbps (not "1.5MB") 'nets. If however the server was loaded at the time and people were limited to ~2.2Mbps as a result it means you'd only have to wait 1hour 30mins.... while everyone is by then only waiting 15mins.

Uh, didn't I say "1.5 or so MB per second?"
I did assume I would only 'get' about 1 mbps so I wasn't too far off, and for some reason my internet seems to go slower than that actually, even when nobody is using it...

1.5MBps is 12Mbps so I assumed you meant 1.5Mbps even though you said ~1.5MBps... because Mbps is how you measure internet speed and I doubt you'd be complaining as much about 12Mbps. Still, with 'nets that slow you'll probably be waiting between 1.5 and 2.5hrs. Not as bad as it could have been if it was a 5GB update as people originally thought.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

noname001

Sooo... this system is amazing in every single way. I am in love!

Nintendo in HD... ma gawd how did we wait so long?

noname001

TsunamiSensei

True_Hero wrote:

I've been playing the Wii U all afternoon with my family and I have got to say I am really impressed. Nintendo Land is a much deeper experience than I originally expected. The Game Pad is a superb controller and is used excellently. My only small complaint is the loading times between screens. However, it is possible that that issue will be resolved with future updates. Way to go, Nintendo!

It is sad when we have gotten to the point where we complain about load times. Think about the people that have to struggle to not starve to death ot die of dehydration. Their problems make long load times look like a godsend.

-Skeletor

ahaug1

When we're talking about consoles, it's a common thing to complain about the load time. Why do u include world problems into this? We weren't talking about food, and this means that u can't complain about the weather if it's .... If it's raining as ... outside I can't complain because poor people would have been happy if it happened in their sunny place. This doesn't make sense... I have respect for people who starvs to death and understand their life is tough, but your point here was ridiculous!

Edited on by theblackdragon

ahaug1

Twitter:

TsunamiSensei

It just seems sad to me when we get to the point that we complain it takes 10 seconds for our shiny new consoles to turn on. Think about how lucky you are that you have the money to play and buy video games in the first place.

-Skeletor

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.