Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Showing 421 to 440 of 576

AuthorMessage

Xilef

421. Posted:

The launch games for Europe has been confirmed. It looks pretty much the same as the US one except it's laking Ninja Gaiden and Scribblenauts. http://loading.se/news.php?pub_id=22387 (The site is in Swedish, but you can se the list anyway. Wasn't able to find the original source.) Very, very happy that Darksiders 2 is one there! :D

Sten

AuthorMessage

Super-Mario-Fan

422. Posted:

........ Sorry everyone..... Yes I did get out of control kinda. I only deleted it because no one responded....Yes they have some at gamestop but now they only have white. Im not a noob..... I just have this tendency to overreact...... I really hope everyone can forgive me......

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

423. Posted:

IGN reviewed the Wii U console and gave it a 7,6 seems very low, I wonder what they gave the xbox 360 and PS3
In reflection its only 1.3 higher than there review for ZombieU lol and they hated that

Edited on by PinkSpider

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

Emaan

424. Posted:

Not trying to go back to a topic we don't need to get into, but:

I really am thankful that I even have a Wii U. You know, admid all the load times I realized that. Not even going down the path of all the world problems, but there's people here on NintendoLife that I know really wanted one but couldn't get one. I'm happy I got mine day 1, and just having one at all. :D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Make sure to stop playing your shiny new Ninty systems (just for a little while) to spend time with your family and friends! :)

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

425. Posted:

PinkSpider wrote:

IGN reviewed the Wii U console and gave it a 7,6 seems very low, I wonder what they gave the xbox 360 and PS3
In reflection its only 1.3 higher than there review for ZombieU lol and they hated that

I stopped trusting IGN years ago, I'd rate the console at least 8.5, if not more but I don't have mine just yet of course. IGN for starters, barely reviews any Nintendo games and they're pretty biased considering they're owned by Fox. Is there any mainstream media that actually backs Nintendo ? If so I'd like to know.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

426. Posted:

Honestly not too interested right now. The only three games I actually want are Ninja Gaiden III, Bayonetta 2, and Super Smash Bros. 4 and I'm going to hold off until next year when the problems surrounding the Wii U are fading away. Perhaps E3 2013 will bring in a Star Fox or a F-zero, but (call me crazy) I've come to stop expecting them after being bitterly disappointed with E3 2012.

I stopped trusting IGN years ago, I'd rate the console at least 8.5, if not more but I don't have mine just yet of course. IGN for starters, barely reviews any Nintendo games and they're pretty biased considering they're owned by Fox. Is there any mainstream media that actually backs Nintendo ? If so I'd like to know.

...Fox News. Does this ring a bell?

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Pikpikp

427. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Make sure to stop playing your shiny new Ninty systems (just for a little while) to spend time with your family and friends! :)

By my shiny new Ninty system is my family...( I kid, I kid,)

Dazzling, dizzying, doldrums defying!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Emaan

428. Posted:

I could care less what IGN or any other site thinks of the Wii U.

I freaking love it, is that not what matters? :D

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

GeePers

429. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving! Today's been a great time to test out the system with family and friends. We had a pretty good NintendoLand marathon going on during most of the day.

Wii U Nintendo ID: GeePers

AuthorMessage

skywake

430. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

ooooh, conspiracy hats

The fact that you don't have one yet kinda means you're not allowed to comment on it. Thems the rules. For all us non-WiiU-Owners could know the loading times could be quite infuriating and these Nintendo fanboys on this forum could just be trying to defend it. The fact is the launch lineup, as cool as it is to have HD Mario and Nintendo Land, isn't why we're buying this thing. Currently there isn't a game we would say people should run out and get a Wii U for like Wii Sports or Twilight Princess at the Wii's launch. We're all waiting for that game but it's not there yet. So their criticisms are justified.

From what I've heard I wouldn't be giving it a high score for its launch. High scores are a recommendation that people who aren't committed to getting it yet should get one. I don't think the Wii U is at that point yet, right now it's just for the most dedicated Nintendo gamers. Then again I don't own one either so I might be equally as wrong.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

431. Posted:

anyone know when the next wii u stock is suppose to happen? i thought was suppose to be this week for black friday :(

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

AgitoXth

432. Posted:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

anyone know when the next wii u stock is suppose to happen? i thought was suppose to be this week for black friday :(

Try going instore as early as possible? It is Black Friday after all, retailer would be crazy not to stock up on such a day. Good luck =]

AgitoXth

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

433. Posted:

skywake wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

The fact that you don't have one yet kinda means you're not allowed to comment on it. Thems the rules.

Well should I have to own it first? Besides,I'm getting the machine for Xmas AND I've demo'd the console much like most of you probably have, so therefore I'm allowed an opinion, either way you're allowed to have your opinion, but it doesn't mean it's fact..
Perhaps you can't find any games you like, however I'm actually really excited to pick up my Wii U. i'm really looking forward to getting New Super Mario Bros. U and Zombi U, so don't go judging unless you've actually played any of them.
Anyway the reviews are subjective, but I love the machine already and having tried it prior to buying, it convinced me to save up my hard earned cash and im gonna get it as soon as possible, though I won't open it until Xmas day.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

434. Posted:

AgitoXth wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

Try going instore as early as possible? It is Black Friday after all, retailer would be crazy not to stock up on such a day. Good luck =]

I dont know about the Kmarts in your area (if they have Kmarts where you are sorry not sure if they have them outside of the US) but the electronics guy at my local Kmart said that on Launch day they were only releasing ones that people reserved and any extras they were saving for Black Friday. They did this by telling people who didnt have a reservation that they only had enough for the reservations thus saving the rest of the stock for Black Friday. He claimed that it was corporate orders but I am not sure if thats true or not. Still if I was wanting a Wii U and after hearing that I would check out my Kmart on Black Friday.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

skywake

435. Posted:

@RetroGBHippie92
and the IGN guys have had it for a couple of weeks so they've clearly had more experience on it than both of us. Truth is there are issues with the console. There's a thread just bellow this one where people are complaining about the system freezing. The long loading times mean it's not a perfect experience nor does the massive update that is required but doesn't come installed on the system. It's not a perfect system at this point by any stretch.

And nice, you're looking forward to playing a few of the launch games... so am I. I'm getting one as soon as it launches here in Australia but that doesn't mean it's perfect. If it had launched with a 3D Mario it would have obviously been a lot better at launch. These are reasons why a reviewer might give the system itself a 7.6 rather than an 8.5 or 9. It might become a 9/10 system by the end of the year or early next year when the updates have all settled in and more games are out like Pikming 3. Right now? I can see why they say it's not a "must have" item yet.

I'm just sick of people complaining about review scores for things they haven't had time to experience for themselves. This is why the MiiVerse has that icon on it that tells people whether or not the person has played the game ;)

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

Schprocket

436. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

any Nintendo games and they're pretty biased considering they're owned by Fox.

Ahhhhaaa !!!

THIS explains the rampant xenophobia over at IGN - and you cannot own a PS3 and say that IGN give unbiased PS3 reviews either. If the same game comes out on 360 and PS3 then the PS3 automatically loses 10% of whatever scoring structure they devise....

I missed that nugget of info , Retro. Thanks mate ;)

Edited on by Schprocket

NOW'S THE TIME ON SPROCKETS WHEN Wii U DANCE!!!

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

AuthorMessage

skywake

437. Posted:

Fox != Fox News .... and last I checked Fox's bias was towards conservative politics not against Nintendo. If anything you'd expect them to spend all their time talking about how all of the games on the 360/PS3 were bad because violence is bad for the children........... but they don't because they're not Fox News and don't have anything really to do with Fox News.

Would be like thinking Australia's NineMSN and the US' MSNBC had the same bias because they are both part owned by Microsoft. Then you realise that the Australian one has a pretty heavy conservative bias and the US one has a pretty strong "liberal" bias. Also I'd argue that despite the Microsoft influence there's a good change that neither of them spend much time pushing the Xbox. Strange thing that.

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

438. Posted:

I'm not completely sure if @Schprocket is agreeing or disagreeing, but I was talking about IGN not Fox @skywake. Yes they're owned by Fox, but IGN is the one I was talking about that is biased towards Nintendo NOT Fox.
I mean apart from giving new games/consoles bad or unfair reviews or opinion, they complain about various issues like back when they were begging Nintendo to make a Wii HD and also recently saying the Wii U isn't a "next gen" system, which is BS because they obviously don't know what a generation is. For example: Gamecube/PS2/Xbox, Wii/PS3/360, WiiU/??/??.
Edit: While the Wii U is experiencing a few launch issues, you know Nintendo will be on to fix it ASAP, come on you got to admit it, they've handled the Wii U launch brilliantly compared to the 3DS launch, also there's actually games I actually want to play not like the 3DS launch, where the only appealing titles were ports.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

skywake

439. Posted:

@RetroGBHippie92 ... your words not mine

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

IGN for starters, barely reviews any Nintendo games and they're pretty biased considering they're owned by Fox.

What does them being owned by Fox have to do with anything? Even if NewsLtd's agenda did filter though to IGN, which it doesn't (you should have seen Richard George's twitter feed around the election), how would that result in a bias against Nintendo? What you were saying made no sense whatsoever.

As for the points you're making yes, I agree entirely. However that's not the console we have now. You could easily argue that 3DS was worse than the Wii U at launch but that doesn't mean the Wii U is worthy of a 9 on day one. Those launch issues are issues and a promise to resolve them, as I'm sure they will, doesn't make it not an issue. As I said it might well be worth a 9 in their eyes by the end of the year but currently it's not because of those issues.

Anyway, it's a review score for a console and I didn't even know they did that. Why do you care so much about it? What do you need a review for? The review isn't for you. If you were a random on the street however... would I recommend you get it right now? Probably not. I would have recommended the Wii to my friends on day one because it was pretty awesome. The Wii U? I'm not sure but I'm getting one at launch. The 3DS? I didn't get one till OoT3D came out.

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

440. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

I'm not completely sure if @Schprocket is agreeing or disagreeing, but I was talking about IGN not Fox @skywake. Yes they're owned by Fox, but IGN is the one I was talking about that is biased towards Nintendo NOT Fox.
I mean apart from giving new games/consoles bad or unfair reviews or opinion, they complain about various issues like back when they were begging Nintendo to make a Wii HD and also recently saying the Wii U isn't a "next gen" system, which is BS because they obviously don't know what a generation is. For example: Gamecube/PS2/Xbox, Wii/PS3/360, WiiU/??/??.
Edit: While the Wii U is experiencing a few launch issues, you know Nintendo will be on to fix it ASAP, come on you got to admit it, they've handled the Wii U launch brilliantly compared to the 3DS launch, also there's actually games I actually want to play not like the 3DS launch, where the only appealing titles were ports.

I totally agree about IGN's bias towards Nintendo! For example, in the middle of last year, when the 3DS was selling quite badly (when there was no games, and before the price drop, y'know that period!), IGN put up many articles about it, and they heavily criticised Nintendo for making poor decisions with the 3DS. At the moment, the Vita is selling woefully, and I have not seen a single article on IGN about that, and no criticisms have gone to Sony. It also doesn't look like there is an answer (in terms of games) on the horizon that could save the Vita, so it's in a worse situation at the moment, and there have been NO criticisms from IGN, just articles indicating sale numbers, and all the editors are probably just feeling sorry for the system!

It is unfair that they just have a go at Nintendo! What about attacking Microsoft for the useless Kinect (HAS NO DECENT GAMES!!) or Sony for the dust-collecting Move (which everyone has probably forgotten about)?!

And regarding the connection to Fox, I think that IGN has not been motivated or swayed by anything to do with Fox... It's irrelevant...

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)